Carthage 42 Glen Rose 35 Final

bansheefan03

Carthage vs. Glen Rose   

67 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinal

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, bansheefan03 said:

Been alot of games but I think out of all kilgore prolly had the most success  but could never finish drives maybe someone can dig up stats

Pitt rushed for 131 and 158. 

Edited by Eagleborn

2 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Pitt had how many yards against the starters. I can go back and look it up and let you know 

Go ahead if you makes you happy. All I know Pitt rushed for 131 and 158 against CARTHAGE. You probably think of Carthage wins state that only the starters should get rings. 

Edited by Eagleborn

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

Go ahead if you makes you happy. All I know Pitt rushed for 131 and 158 against CARTHAGE. You probably think of Carthage wins state that only the starters should get rings. 

I understand how it might be annoying on the outside that as fans of Carthage we have talked about and distinguished the difference between what the starting unit has done Vs. what the backups have allowed. 

But it is factual. It’s no exaggeration. And when you consider that the backups have played the vast majority of the second half (sometimes coming into the game in the first half), it truly does make a very significant difference in what the defense has done. Anybody that hasn’t watched each game will not understand or see it that way. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I understand how it might be annoying on the outside that as fans of Carthage we have talked about and distinguished the difference between what the starting unit has done Vs. what the backups have allowed. 

But it is factual. It’s no exaggeration. And when you consider that the backups have played the vast majority of the second half (sometimes coming into the game in the first half), it truly does make a very significant difference in what the defense has done. Anybody that hasn’t watched each game will not understand or see it that way. 

lol ok

4 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

What is yours? Which game did someone successfully run the ball on Carthage for the duration? It’s been a long season, but I don’t recall. I could be wrong and truly just don’t remember. 

Pittsburg rush for 131 and 158 against Carthage this season. 

5 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Pittsburg rush for 131 and 158 against Carthage this season. 

It was not successful by any means. 

Unless you consider losing by 29 and 35, while only moving the ball and scoring in the second half against 2nd, 3rd and 4th team a rousing success. 

• Crybaby 1

On 12/3/2022 at 11:59 AM, EastTXFLEX said:

I read somewhere that he was no. 1 in his class!!!  

Zane Schumacher has been named to the THSCA Academic All-State Elite Team for Fall Sports. The Elite Team is higher than the First Team.

LB Viencint Cabada and PK Omar Medrano were named to the 2nd Team.

O-linemen Davion Wallace and Jeremy Privett were named Honorable Mention.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2022 at 8:53 PM, SiriusDogon7 said:

Carthage has a great team.  Carthage has garbage fans.  They remind me of Gilmer fans when they too thought that they were invincible and got brought back to earth by LE in 2006.  I attended the game and sat on the Carthage side of the stadium, and you wouldn't believe all of the crying and belly aching that I observed.  All of this happened while they were clearly winning the game.  Nevertheless, the only way to shut them up is to beat them.  They are not invincible.  We found that out last season.

PG now faces a reality check going forward into the future.  The Hawks will be in the playoffs next season.  They don't lose much, returning 18 starters, but what they lose in those other 4 starters is a lot of quality.  My concern is what is the offensive identity going to be.  If they are going to run the spread/rpo, it is not going to work.  If they go back wholeheartedly to the wing t, that is not going to work either.  The overall play calling is questionable like the play that was called on the 4th and 1 play in the first.  How about the multiple plays that were called rolling the quarterback out to the left side of the field putting him out of position to accurately throw the ball due to him being right-handed.  Gibson seems to only want to throw the ball in hopes of catching the defense by surprise.  Several times PG had a receiver open, but the quarterback never saw him and threw the ball elsewhere.  The Hawks just don't have enough experience in attempting to run a wide-open offense.  After next season when Johnson, Boardley, and company are gone then what is Gibson going to do?

Very sorry you feel this way about Carthage fans.

I do not want anyone thinking we’re a bunch of punks, because we aren’t.  
Maybe you saw some folks in a bad moment, but man, I can tell you our folks are not obnoxious and in fact we’re actually exactly the opposite and we’re WAY too reserved in the stands and don’t cheer loudly enough and don’t support the cheerleaders the way we should.

You need to go to some games of some other local-ish teams who have never one a state championship and see how they act.

I promise you, Bulldog fans are very mild.

I bet you did witness some frustration from a few fans a couple times during the game as we have become to spoiled, too accustomed to near perfection and we want it on every play.  That’s a hard thing to require of any team and we need to realize these are still very young men competing for their team and town.  

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, mikehoncho said:

Not offended here. But you know what you were doing and I am always happy to set things straight for people like you.  

Set things straight for people like me? That’s cool. 

A 2-9 team rushed for 131 and 158 yards against Carthage. That’s a fact. Unless their coaches lied about the stats. 

VA I thought scored 30. People that’s the score on multiple sources. If they didn’t score 30 against Carthage then I retract my statement. 

I can’t wait to hear how this gets twisted.

• Stinks 1

Just now, Eagleborn said:

Did anyone let DCTF know they got the score wrong?

F988BA10-A9BC-483E-8E36-C55D99C18D11.jpeg

It's not just Carthage fans that see fit to differentiate between what happens in the first half with the starting units vs. what happens in the second half against everyone else.  I have heard more than one Texas High School football pundit speak on it on more than one occasion throughout the season. But you apparently have some sort of problem with it.    

Does it hurt your feelings? 🥲

• Thanks 1

Just now, mikehoncho said:

It's not just Carthage fans that see fit to differentiate between what happens in the first half with the starting units vs. what happens in the second half against everyone else.  I have heard more than one Texas High School football pundit speak on it on more than one occasion throughout the season. But you apparently have some sort of problem with it.    

Does it hurt your feelings? 🥲

Of course it doesn’t hurt my feelings. I feel bad for the back ups though. It’s a shame they don’t get a ring because they are unofficially not Carthage bulldogs 

• Stinks 1

• Crawford changed the title to Carthage 42 Glen Rose 35 Final