Carthage 42 Glen Rose 35 Final

bansheefan03

Carthage vs. Glen Rose   

67 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinal

This poll is closed to new votes

9 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

GR will have to dominate both lines of scrimmage to have a chance to win this game.  That is how it always was and always is.  Carthage got dominated on the lines of scrimmage last season and that is why they lost.

I just don’t think GR has the dudes to dominate in the trenches this year.  They will have limited success with their Sr OL, but they are severely outmanned with their undersized DL.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

GR will have to dominate both lines of scrimmage to have a chance to win this game.  That is how it always was and always is.  Carthage got dominated on the lines of scrimmage last season and that is why they lost.

Totally impossible for GR to win the battle in trenches on either side. 
The three things this years Dawgs have are size and strength and they have been more physical than every team they have played so far. 

I think it has been a while since Carthage has played at the The Star. Give yourself some extra time walking to the stadium. Usually a good 5-10 minute walk getting to the gates and then you have to empty pockets before going in and through a metal detector. I don’t think they accept cash at concession stands. If you want to eat before the game their is a lot around stadium but pretty expensive. 
If Carthage continues playing the way they have been they will be moving on. Good luck and safe travels. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, house said:

GR O- line vs Carthage D-line seems to be the focal point in this one.  Don’t see a contest with Carthage O-line.  

They will not be able to block them on a consistent basis(Center, Gilmer, P G)    ..........Now it is very possible that G R's "scheme/QB faking" gets the Dawg d-linemen going the wrong direction and holes open because of this. 

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Brock did what Carthage will do tonight, and that is win the trenches on both sides of the ball.  Those Brock OL absolutely whipped the Malakoff front 7, who is a pretty solid group.  And Brock’s defense was swarming all night.

I knew it was too early to get up…I’ve mistakenly gotten on the Brock-Malakoff thread instead of the Carthage-Glen Rose thread…lol

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, BevBrownJr said:

I knew it was too early to get up…I’ve mistakenly gotten on the Brock-Malakoff thread instead of the Carthage-Glen Rose thread…lol

Sorry, Panther and I were going back and forth.

Panther was just thinking since Grandview is GR’s staple win this season and they got knocked out by Malakoff 29-17 then maybe Malakoff and Brock are really good.

Brock lost to PG handily in the first game of the season and then put up a pretty good fight against Hirschi, whom GR put down recently.

Just if Grandview is the best win of the season it can’t bode well.

47 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

And then our linebackers eat!

So that you are not in shock tonight...........If the QB or RBs  makes it to the linebackers without being touched, it is not a sure thing the linebackers tackle them...........As far as the QB goes, think Lampasas QB or China Spring QB last year - the Dawgs had good linebackers those years also, but didn't always make a stop.

Personally I don't think he is as fast as the Lampasas QB, but his moves are similar. 

And as I  said before, I don't think those holes happen unless the d-line get out of position. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

So that you are not in shock tonight...........If the QB or RBs  makes it to the linebackers without being touched, it is not a sure thing the linebackers tackle them...........As far as the QB goes, think Lampasas QB or China Spring QB last year - the Dawgs had good linebackers those years also, but didn't always make a stop.

Personally I don't think he is as fast as the Lampasas QB, but his moves are similar. 

And as I  said before, I don't think those holes happen unless the d-line get out of position. 

Cotton you know the Dawg fan base want a 50-0 shellacking!  Anything less and they will complain.  What are your thoughts on the discussion yesterday on GR rushing yards tonight?  Above or below the 120 yards mark?

Edited by PantherNation2015

16 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Cotton you know the Dawg fan base want a 50-0 shellacking!  Anything less and they will complain.  What are your thoughts on the discussion yesterday on GR rushing yards tonight?  Above or below the 120 yards mark?

I'm going with below as long as it's on the startes

30 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

RBs combine for about 60-70  yards..............QB gets about 90-100...............Just a total guess, and will not argue with someone else's guess/opinion.................And will not lose any sleep if my guesses are not close.

• LOL! 2

2 hours ago, Hawkeye55 said:

I think it has been a while since Carthage has played at the The Star. Give yourself some extra time walking to the stadium. Usually a good 5-10 minute walk getting to the gates and then you have to empty pockets before going in and through a metal detector. I don’t think they accept cash at concession stands. If you want to eat before the game their is a lot around stadium but pretty expensive. 
If Carthage continues playing the way they have been they will be moving on. Good luck and safe travels. 

Correct no cash at concession stands. I expect a bigger crowd tonight so allow time for that. Go ahead and have the ticket pulled up on your phone makes it so much easier 

I expect a good competitive game. I think GR will have success early until our defense gets dialed in and makes adjustments. Will be interested to see how they play on defense. Do they press up and make Carthage go over the top or guard against the deep ball and trust their d line to stop the run?

• Crawford changed the title to Carthage 42 Glen Rose 35 Final