Carthage 42 Glen Rose 35 Final

bansheefan03

Carthage vs. Glen Rose   

67 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinal

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Got bullied in this game. But without the terrible fumbles, Carthage walks off with it.

Offense cannot put the defense in that kinda spot next week.

Glen Rose is a damn good team. They were outsized and gave up some speed, but they kicked some butt.

This is an eye opener. Maybe we put to bed the talk of this team being up there with the greatest in Carthage history.

One more!!!

You are so right

• Like 1

Just now, cowboyandchrist said:

I got a big dose of humble pie tonight and it taste terrible 

Guess what? Still a W and a chance to play for another title. The haters can be glad it wasn't domination, but in the playoffs it's like Al Davis said "Just win, baby!"

20 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

100%. They left it all on the field.  Played a whale of a game, took advantage of Carthage mistakes, and dang near slayed the dragon.  No doubt in my mind this team beats PG.  They deserved to be here.

They can beat any team in 4A DII

Under sized and not great speed but they hit hard, run hard and gave 100 percent effort on every play. 
I don’t know if I have ever been so wrong about a team. 

Just now, upullinmychain said:

So Carthage having multiple injuries keeping players out off this game? If I heard rite that makes Hella difference in ability to stop a good team 

Seems like the Dawgs did aight then 🤷‍♂️

We were definitely missing a stud wide receiver committed to Oregon State, but Glen Rose came to win. No excuses!

• Like 1

Heck of a squad by GR!! They played lights out and more!! I still believe that if the flag on the truck play for a blind side block and the three turnovers in a row didn’t happen this game would not have been near as close.  Carthages defense was gassed because the offense wouldn’t give them a break from the turnovers.  That’s football though. I feel like GR would have drove down and scored for the win if the qb doesn’t fumble. Carthage got it and took advantage of it and won!! Hats off to Rock!!!! Heck of a game!!! Hats off to Dowden for coming into the game late hurt and running like a madman!!! Good season GR!! Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, SmoakyBandito said:

Somebody already said it, but #22 for Carthage ran like a man possessed late in the 4th quarter. #3 really stepped up in this one. Great performance! 

It was really a curse & a blessing that GR dominated Q3 because the Carthage Offense rested.  So when they decided to stop fumbling, the Dawgs just mashed GR on the ground and took control of the LOS for the first time all game.  Surratt was able to hide #3 up to this point, because #13 was getting those touches and they didn’t need #3.  He has a huge game.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

100%. They left it all on the field.  Played a whale of a game, took advantage of Carthage mistakes, and dang near slayed the dragon.  No doubt in my mind this team beats PG.  They deserved to be here.

Agree, 100%.

Glen Rose is MUCH better than I thought going in and we did not stop their rushing attack.

Then, we fumble 17 times and they took full advantage.

GR kept us from having success running the ball until we absolutely had to do it, and we got it done.

Ughh, GR was definitely the best team we have played this year.

Their QB is a stud and we all feel bad for him.

The best thing we can do is to go win state next week so Glen Rose can say they almost beat the state champions.

Glen Rose made us earn it tonight.  The Dawgs somehow playing so sloppy were able to survive and advance.

It was ugly, but a win is a win and we got past a really hungry, well oiled machine.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

It was really a curse & a blessing that GR dominated Q3 because the Carthage Offense rested.  So when they decided to stop fumbling, the Dawgs just mashed GR on the ground and took control of the LOS for the first time all game.  Surratt was able to hide #3 up to this point, because #13 was getting those touches and they didn’t need #3.  He has a huge game.

I feel carthage had control of the LOS while passing. GR brought allot of pressure on runs and LBs played down hill

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Agree, 100%.

Glen Rose is MUCH better than I thought going in and we did not stop their rushing attack.

Then, we fumble 17 times and they took full advantage.

GR kept us from having success running the ball until we absolutely had to do it, and we got it done.

Ughh, GR was definitely the best team we have played this year.

Their QB is a stud and we all feel bad for him.

The best thing we can do is to go win state next week so Glen Rose can say they almost beat the state champions.

Glen Rose made us earn it tonight.  The Dawgs somehow playing so sloppy were able to survive and advance.

It was ugly, but a win is a win and we got past a really hungry, well oiled machine.

Yes survive and advance!  I’d bet a $1 bill that Wimberly is adjusting their offensive game plan as we speak to try and take advantage of what GR exposed tonight.  Preston will need to reinforce the need to play disciplined football and just “do your job”.  Hopefully #15 will be back healthy on D next week.  He would have helped tremendously tonight allowing #70 to sub in for the big DT’s.  They were gassed!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Got bullied in this game. But without the terrible fumbles, Carthage walks off with it.

Offense cannot put the defense in that kinda spot next week.

Glen Rose is a damn good team. They were outsized and gave up some speed, but they kicked some butt.

This is an eye opener. Maybe we put to bed the talk of this team being up there with the greatest in Carthage history.

One more!!!

I usually tend to agree with you on most occasions.....but I dunno about the walking off with it without the terrible fumbles. 13 had his way, yall had no answer for him for the most part and they were resilient. I think yall woulda won easier for sure but nothing about that team and how they played makes me think they wouldn't have scratched and clawed to stay in it as opposed to letting yall run away with it. That team wanted it bad and gained a ton of respect imo. That last fumble was a Christmas present that yall got to unwrap early. 

Now with all that being said.....Carthage stepped up in adversity and found a way to close the door. Haven't had to battle like that this year....was good for them to get a little scare. I got Dawgs by 14 at Daddy Jerry's house. Go Dawgs.....go get #9. 

Edited by Eagle8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Crawford changed the title to Carthage 42 Glen Rose 35 Final