Carthage 42 Glen Rose 35 Final

bansheefan03

Carthage vs. Glen Rose   

67 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinal

This poll is closed to new votes

17 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Offensive MVP for Carthage in this game will be an easy decision for Little Belichick and staff.........Without a doubt it is number 65 !!!!!!!

This answers my question about the reason #15, KD Bell, played offense instead of defense last night. #65, Zane Schumacher, played quite a bit at TE last week against PG with Bell not dressing out due to injury. Schumacher put #85 over his regular jersey and joined #82, Ricky Smith, as the 2nd TE in certain sets. Since Schumacher was needed at RG last night to replace the injured #73, Johnny Lewis, Bell was needed more at TE to join Smith in the CHS double TE sets.

2 hours ago, Cleareyesopenheartcantlose said:

Carthage WR’s were trying to do to much!

catch the ball and get N and S!

And Paddie needs to humble himself.

You don't know that kid. Shut your mouth. He's the first one consoling a teammate when he makes a mistake. You wanna start talking about kids? His parents and coaches are taking care of him. He plays with confidence. Ain't no problem.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

15 hours ago, JBizzle said:

You don't know that kid. Shut your mouth. He's the first one consoling a teammate when he makes a mistake. You wanna start talking about kids? His parents and coaches are taking care of him. He plays with confidence. Ain't no problem.

Lol. 

1. if saying someone needing to be humble or humble themselves is not degrading whatsoever

2. I’ll keep my mouth open all I want lol.

3. don’t be a keyboard warrior my guy

Finally got to watch the whole game. My thoughts are:

-GR QB was an excellent runner and thrower.

-GR skill players were very sure handed and caught pretty much everything the QB delivered. 
-GR o-line worked hard

-Carthage offense left a lot of points on the field, but that’s what happens when you don’t take care of the ball. Great testament to the Carthage team to still dig in, show resolve and get the win despite losing the turnover battle. 
-Carthage defense was in position to shut down the QB runs so many times but one young player on the d-line (I won’t say who, doesn’t matter, game is over and Carthage still won) continuously target the RB even though there were other guys there to take him, allowing QB to run free. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, house said:

What I remember most is he had some sleepless nights preparing because he knew how good GR was.  

Coach Surratt also indicated how proud he is of the character displayed by his players, saying that character is revealed when the team is behind, not when they’re 40 points ahead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cleareyesopenheartcantlose said:

Lol. 

1. if saying someone needing to be humble or humble themselves is not degrading whatsoever

2. I’ll keep my mouth open all I want lol.

3. don’t be a keyboard warrior my guy

I ain't no keyboard warrior. Not hard to figure out who I am. Saying someone needs to humble themselves is saying they are not humble. How many conversations you had with the young man?

His play is fine and he'll play an integral role Friday.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I’m already planning out my football week / weekend.

Would like to take in more than just our game.

Me too Friday and Saturday . It really so much fun. North shore vs Dunville will difficult not to enjoy lol. I am disappointed can’t see Chapel Hill , Timpson &  Longview. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

Me too Friday and Saturday . It really so much fun. North shore vs Dunville will difficult not to enjoy lol. I am disappointed can’t see Chapel Hill , Timpson &  Longview. 

Longview and Timpson blowing it makes the weekend less exciting for sure.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 12/10/2022 at 4:03 PM, Cleareyesopenheartcantlose said:

Carthage WR’s were trying to do to much!

catch the ball and get N and S!

And Paddie needs to humble himself.

What has he done to deserve such a statement? Does he play with aggression and passion? Yes! Is he a damn good player? Yes! Has he cost the Dawgs with EXCESSIVE multiple penalties? No! Is he known inside his locker room as a leader? Yes!....Honest question, what do you mean he needs to be "humbled", my guy?

As a professor of his (Yes, he's doing high school AND college course-work), not only has he demonstrated good character within my class on his own work..BUT he also excels in group assignments. ...Taking the lead, and making sure every member feels part of the "team". He's a good kid that plays with aggression and passion. I guarantee you there is NOT a coach in the great state of Texas that would not want a player like Paddie on their squad. Period.

Edited by ProfDMC
mis-spelled
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Accidentally put this in the Carthage/Wimberly Thread

Proud of our kids. I know this was tough for the kids from GR. Experienced it with my cousin in 2015, and it wasn't even a close game. Glad we've got some young men who are learning to win graciously.

B46E031D-8D7D-4372-9715-FF23263EB808.jpeg

8284B9CA-5E8E-400F-9F4E-BDC6ED2A8546.jpeg

A3C6B9DC-DBF5-4D67-8F6B-AEC97AA6F134.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 2