Argyle vs SOC

Argyle2014

Argyle vs. South Oak Cliff  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinal

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm from Argyle, but if I was going to put money on this game it would be SOC.  They played two state semi-finalists (Duncanville and De Soto) at the beginning of the season and threw a scare into them.  Their only other loss was to Lancaster.  Those are all 6a teams.  The only match-up that gives Argyle any hope was with Melissa.  SOC beat Melissa 30-16 and Argyle beat them 37-18.  Not much point differential but enough to give me hope.  I know match-ups mean nothing.  That's why you play the game.  Go Eagles.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, VonG said:

I was thinking the same thing you just posted. SOC is battled tested. 

Argyle has played and beaten just about every 5a d2 top ten team except SOC.   Their first 7 opponents were all undefeated when they played Argyle so they are pretty well battle tested.  But those 6a games SOC played are pretty impressive.

17 minutes ago, SDCAVEMAN said:

Argyle has played and beaten just about every 5a d2 top ten team except SOC.   Their first 7 opponents were all undefeated when they played Argyle so they are pretty well battle tested.  But those 6a games SOC played are pretty impressive.

Yes, Argype beat good Lovejoy, Melissa and Grapevine teams earlier in the year. I think we can hold the brakes on hyping up undefeated Emerson and Independence. They were undefeated by virtue of their schedule. This game is going to be a banger, I want to pick SOC. I really do. SOC’s defense has been playing amazingly all year but it’s the offense that gives me pause. They’re playing what was essentially the 3rd string QB to begin the year and last week were without 2 of their best WR. One being SMU commit Randy Reece who is the sole reason they escaped the 1st round against Mansfield Summit. I thought SOC would squeak by Melissa but Argyle is going to have a great scheme for SOC. They always seem to be the toughest of ours for any team. I’m going Argyle by 7. Ugh it kills me to say that but I just think Argyle gets it done. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 10:13 AM, JBizzle said:

Looks to be a great matchup! May have to turn on the stream.

This game will be televised on BallySports on Friday night.  Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 pm, but I think Bally kicks off at 7 pm.....just to let everybody know. If you don't get BallySports.....I guess you can see it on NFHS or Texan Live too. 

This game will be played in the new Crowley ISD Stadium over in N.Crowley.  That is just south of I-20 off I-35 at the Risinger Exit in South Fort Worth. The stadium is on the west side of I-35 very convenient and a very, very nice stadium for viewing football in particular. Capacity is 8000, and a humongous video scoreboard in the west endzone. The lower field level seats are excellent for a "close to the action" view of the game. Each side has those, and an upper mezzanine section. The reviews say there is not a bad seat in the house to watch the game.  The negatives of the reviews were the length of time to enter the stadium(which can be easily fixed), and the high cost of concessions.

Edited by regaleagle

No gameplan exists to totally counter all the  pure athleticism and overall team speed that IS the SOC Golden Bears this season. There's really no point in naming names for this team......every player on the field is Mr. Dangerous in some way.....even the defensive guys and linemen.  I think their skill guys are relatively healthy for this game, but if one goes out, another Mr. Dangerous will fill that void seamlessly right off the bench.  Argyle will need to go tit-for-tat with SOC in the early going, create and take advantage of some turnovers, win the time of possession by a large margin, and win the field position in order to win this game.  Controlling the football and burning the clock with a lead still may not be enough to win this game since the Bears can score like lightning in one play at anytime anywhere on the field.  They did that against Lovejoy, Heritage, and Melissa.....why would Argyle be any different?  

• Like 1