Argyle vs SOC

Argyle2014

Argyle vs. South Oak Cliff  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinal

This poll is closed to new votes

One difference that MIGHT be considered is that all 3 previous playoff opponents mentioned above relied very heavily on a passing offense.  Argyle will attempt to run the ball against SOC, using their passing game to spread the defense and keep them from loading the box. Everybody knows the Golden Bears have perhaps the best secondary in all of Texas high school football.....but certainly at the 5A level and below.  I'm not sure whether Argyle's lines will be so dominant this week against those huge lines of SOC.....that remains to be seen.  SOC likes to blitz their linebackers and crash the ends to squeeze the runs into their middle.....where moving the big beef is difficult. Their LBs and secondary are extremely fast to the ball, and can catch RBs from behind.  Field position and short quick hitter completions will be important for Argyle to move those chains and hold onto possessions.

Edited by regaleagle

Field position on offense won't be nearly as important for SOC as it will be for Argyle in this game.  Because of the sheer speed of the Bears, a long field for Argyle becomes another part of the SOC defense to keep Argyle from scoring.....whereas a shorter field limits SOC"s ability to catch and stop a big gain that might turn into a score.  On the other side of the fence.....once in the open field, the chances of stopping, trapping, or catching a runner or receiver for SOC are not good for Argyle.  So for SOC every possession regardless of field position becomes an opportunity to break free and score. Not so simple for Argyle.

Edited by regaleagle

This situation will change the way Argyle will line up to defend against the SOC offense......maybe even change the personnel used, and most likely will cause some in-game adjustments to be made.  Although Argyle has been playing many players on both offense and defense this season, changing your basic defense that you have been successful and comfortable with all season could cause some problems in coverage assignments.

So SOC is not disciplined and well coached in a big game? Did they not show that against Aledo and in the state game last year? Going off history Argyle always lose in the state game or against teams built similar to SOC.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Picking Argyle, not because they are better. It is hard to beat a well disciplined and well coached team in big games. 

SOC is a well coached and ver disciplined team as well. I know they’re an inner city school but Coach Todd and Coach Warden do a tremendous job with those kids. All business down there. From just simply walking out the tunnel no hype or fan fare to minimal celebrations during the trophy presentations. They are definitely very well coached and disciplined team. 

2 hours ago, TrumpisDump said:

Think I'll go with Beltline Road on this one and say SOC will win. I have a strong feeling it will be a shootout but I think this game is where momentum and the crowd will be very beneficial and helpful. SOC by 10

Yep......this game will definitely have a huge contingent from Crowley rooting for the Golden Bears.  It will feel like a home game for SOC.  I'm pretty sure the SOC side will be packed.  Not so sure about the Argyle side......they don't have the fanbase to fill 4000 seats.  

1 hour ago, BoyzNdaHood said:

Ticket sales?

Tickets are available online for $5 or $8 at the gate.....$6 for students.  You can google Argyle football twitter or Argyle Booster Club  and there is a link to the Crowley ISD for ticket sales to this game.  I believe there will be a parking pass you will have to buy also.  NO CASH will be exchanged for the parking pass is what it says.

• Like 1

Looks like Argyle will be the Home team in this one.  The ticket pass presale is $8 and $10 at the gate.  The parking pass presale is $5.  SOC will be on the visiting side for parking.  I also did some checking for this game on NFHS or TEXAN LIVE.  Since BALLYSPORTS SOUTHWEST will televise this game, it looks like NFHS and TEXAN LIVE will not be able to carry this game this week.  Evidently the rights have been sold to Bally for this game.

Edited by regaleagle

On 12/6/2022 at 2:17 PM, regaleagle said:

Looks like Argyle will be the Home team in this one.  The ticket pass presale is $8 and $10 at the gate.  The parking pass presale is $5.  SOC will be on the visiting side for parking.  I also did some checking for this game on NFHS or TEXAN LIVE.  Since BALLYSPORTS SOUTHWEST will televise this game, it looks like NFHS and TEXAN LIVE will not be able to carry this game this week.  Evidently the rights have been sold to Bally for this game.

Youtube TV doesn’t carry Bally Sports. Anyone have any ideas how to view it if your provider doesn’t carry Bally Sports Southwest?  I found a Bally sports app on my phone that I can get a 7-day free trial but can’t tell if they will be showing the game on the app.  You would think if they bought the rights they would make it clear how to watch it.  

They don't make anything clear or easy.  They are after subscriptions and the almighty dollar.  My brother dropped Dish when they dropped FoxSports Southwest.  At that time Dish carried Bally.  When Fox Sports Southwest was sold to Bally, then Dish dropped Bally.  Now my brother is ready to drop Dish again. He picked them back up when FSSW was sold to Bally because Dish carried Bally.....but now they don't. Boy....is he ever pissed.  Should've just stayed with Spectrum cable.

10 hours ago, CrankyOldMan said:

Youtube TV doesn’t carry Bally Sports. Anyone have any ideas how to view it if your provider doesn’t carry Bally Sports Southwest?  I found a Bally sports app on my phone that I can get a 7-day free trial but can’t tell if they will be showing the game on the app.  You would think if they bought the rights they would make it clear how to watch it.  

They usually have the live broadcast within the app when you login with your provider.  Not sure what a standalone Bally’s membership gets you though.  

11 hours ago, CrankyOldMan said:

direct tv stream.  You can do a free trial week of the championship games and watch them all without paying.  Or if you don't mind paying for the full price just go ahead and sign up.  Just make sure you choose the CHOICE package as that is the one that includes Regional Sports channels.  

• Like 1