Varsity Totals     16 229 329 3255 .696 14.2 203.4 14.3 49 3.1 6 80 133.3
22-23 Sophomore Varsity 14 229 329 3255 .696 14.2 232.5 16.4 49 3.5 6 80 133.3

Rushing

Year Grade Team GP Car Yds Avg Y/G Lng 100+ TD
Varsity Totals     16 49 94 1.9 5.9 35 0 4
22-23 Sophomore Varsity 14 45 56 1.2 4.0 13 0 4
21-22 Freshman Varsity 2 4 38 9.5 19.0 35 0 0

if the QB scambles he will still throw it ...Avg one yard 

That’s yards gained rushing, not passing. 

On 12/5/2022 at 10:22 PM, TheChill said:

No online tickets sales

$18 @  the Alamodome

$16 @ Chapel Hill ticket booth on

Tuesday 5pm- 7pm

Wed. 9am -7 pm

Thursday 9am- 7pm

The Alamodome box office is a walk-up only service open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.

On 12/4/2022 at 9:56 PM, Chill5000 said:

Boerne run defense is their weakness. CH running game is their strength. I see Boerne scoring some points but can their defense slow down CH. Ricky and crew could be in for a big night in San Antonio! 

"Chapel Hill is the best team we will have faced this year. They are extremely fast and explosive on offense, and very tough and physical on defense. It should be a great game," Hendrix said. "We try hard to make every game a big game, but this game is obviously special."

The distance of the trip is irrelevant for Chapel Hill.  They have played in Houston (which is a drive) multiple times in the past two years, and have had multiple game day and game time changes, and even bus/traffic issues that have put them at games late. Discipline will be key for Chapel Hill.

NO team Boerne has faced compares to the competitive teams in East Texas. The key for Boerne will be how they will defend the very physical and fast players CH has. Unfortunately, you can't coach athletic ability, only skill. Either they have the speed or they don't. And...they don't.

Edited by Clear Eyes Full Heart
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Clear Eyes Full Heart said:

The distance of the trip is irrelevant for Chapel Hill.  They have played in Houston (which is a drive) multiple times in the past two years, and have had multiple game day and game time changes, and even bus/traffic issues that have put them at games late. Discipline will be key for Chapel Hill.

NO team Boerne has faced compares to the competitive teams in East Texas. The key for Boerne will be how they will defend the very physical and fast players CH has. Unfortunately, you can't coach athletic ability, only skill. Either they have the speed or they don't. And...they don't.

#WeFastToo

3 hours ago, Jknight03 said:

"Chapel Hill is the best team we will have faced this year. They are extremely fast and explosive on offense, and very tough and physical on defense. It should be a great game," Hendrix said. "We try hard to make every game a big game, but this game is obviously special."

That’s proof they haven’t played the schedule CH has played.    CH hasn’t had to “try to make” any of their games a “big game.”   Every game already was big, and aside from a couple down district teams ever team they have played has been fully capable of handing them a big fat L!  

• Love 1

A lot of talk about strength of schedule on here, but if you really truly dive into the Chapel Hill’s schedule. The wins on the schedule aren’t as impressive as most would make them out to believe outside of Kilgore but that could be argued too if you really want. Greenville (2-8), Nacogdoches (1-9), Palestine (4-6), Jacksonville (3-7), Henderson (1-9), Athens (3-7), Livingston (4-7). Teams like Bay City (8-4) who they beat only had 1 win over team better than a .500 record. Lumberton was 11-2 in an extremely weak district which saw everyone but them eliminated in round 1.   Chapel Hill is a good team but I think the  ETX pride is blinding a few people. Looking at the schedules both teams have played about the same number of top tier teams. 

• LOL! 1

4 hours ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

A lot of talk about strength of schedule on here, but if you really truly dive into the Chapel Hill’s schedule. The wins on the schedule aren’t as impressive as most would make them out to believe outside of Kilgore but that could be argued too if you really want. Greenville (2-8), Nacogdoches (1-9), Palestine (4-6), Jacksonville (3-7), Henderson (1-9), Athens (3-7), Livingston (4-7). Teams like Bay City (8-4) who they beat only had 1 win over team better than a .500 record. Lumberton was 11-2 in an extremely weak district which saw everyone but them eliminated in round 1.   Chapel Hill is a good team but I think the  ETX pride is blinding a few people. Looking at the schedules both teams have played about the same number of top tier teams. 

No! CH played Gilmer and Van also. 2 top 10 teams. Plus had Kilgore and Lindale in the district which was top 10! Also beating Kilgore twice. 

• Like 1

It's been that way for several years now.  4AD1 has been really weak for several years.  Get ready to be screamed at by the CH and Lindale folks, as they believe otherwise.  But like I said at the start of the year,  there's about 4 D2 teams that "COULD'VE " won D1 in that region. 

• LOL! 1

the rest of that distcit played CH KILGORE AND LINDALE ...last year the only team that made it out of the first round was LCM which played Palestine, lumberton played who the first round? you guess it Palestine ...lumberton did have a weak schedule and we showed them how explosive we can be, how many regional finals boerne been in the last 3 years? let alone the state semi-finals? might want to look at CH Kilgore and Lindale those years, LBJ beat Boerne 68 to 24 last year that must have been embarrassing 

Edited by Jknight03

2 hours ago, Chill5000 said:

No! CH played Gilmer and Van also. 2 top 10 teams. Plus had Kilgore and Lindale in the district which was top 10! Also beating Kilgore twice. 

I said they didn’t have many impressive wins when you dig in and look at the numbers. CH didn’t beat Gilmer or Van. Van may have been a top 10 at the time but that was going off preseason rankings. They finished 6-5 and was far from a top 10 team. Outside of the victory against y’all they beat 1 team that finished over .500 and got boat raced by a 2-8 Paris team. Lindale beat up on a bunch of .500 teams or worse and lost to every team with a heartbeat they played. I can give you Kilgore has a good win because I know they are talented but outside of the Kilgore win it’s not a gauntlet of a schedule like CH fans make it out to be. These are just close regional games against common opponents and it gives the impression these are big matchups. 

2 hours ago, Jknight03 said:

the rest of that distcit played CH KILGORE AND LINDALE ...last year the only team that made it out of the first round was LCM which played Palestine, lumberton played who the first round? you guess it Palestine ...lumberton did have a weak schedule and we showed them how explosive we can be, how many regional finals boerne been in the last 3 years? let alone the state semi-finals? might want to look at CH Kilgore and Lindale those years, LBJ beat Boerne 68 to 24 last year that must have been embarrassing 

Clearly if you look at my name I have no dog in the fight. I’m just simply pointing out that CH fans were quick to say Boerne hasn’t played anyone like we have and look at their strength of schedule it’s weak when in reality if you go by the numbers CH didn’t face a juggernaut of a schedule. They just faced programs that are very familiar to everyone and at one point in time in the recent past have been good teams. So it’s giving the impression that CH is this big battle tested team that Boerne isn’t 

2 hours ago, trashyhound said:

It's been that way for several years now.  4AD1 has been really weak for several years.  Get ready to be screamed at by the CH and Lindale folks, as they believe otherwise.  But like I said at the start of the year,  there's about 4 D2 teams that "COULD'VE " won D1 in that region. 

Haha yeah I knew what was coming when I posted that, I just don’t understand how their so quick to dismiss Boerne knocking a 13-0 team in the regional finals.

Well this is my first post in 14 years here, I moved away from Navasota years ago and really only made a few state championships last decade.  I’ve been in Boerne since 2013.  Really started to watch them and Champion H.S. the last few years as my oldest got closer to her freshman year.  Hoping for a Greyhound win vs an opponent that is familiar to me over the years so my baby girl gets to dance on the Cowboys star at halftime next week.😉

I wanted to say that I agree with the few guys above that said that you can’t just rely on strength of schedule alone.  Boerne surprised all of us when they straight up whipped Calallen last week.  That was an eye opener for the region.  They are a passing team but they run the ball very well also.  Only one skill position is a senior but the lines have a good group of seniors and they are very big for a 4A squad.  They have enough speed to get open where they need to be on their route and they catch 90% of the balls thrown their way.  QB #9 is Jaxon Baize, a sophomore.  His favorite target is WR #7 Braden Baize, a senior and his older brother.  Braden didn’t play last year for some reason but he runs clean routes, catches everything including jump balls, and will not go down from poor tackling attempts.  #11 Brooks Perez is the other leading receiver and is also a sophomore.  TJ Dement #18 a junior and Adam Hicks #1 a sophomore are the main two running backs.  Defensively they have surprising speed in the secondary and will be aggressive jumping routes for picks.  

Chapel Hill definitely has me worried because of the “been there” factor and the talent and speed, but they had better play a clean game, limit penalties and turnovers, and don’t miss their blocks.  Boerne has made teams pay all year long for sloppy play.  I hope that everyone makes it safe down to the Alamodome tomorrow.  I’ve been traveling between Boerne and Shreveport for years for work so I know it’s a haul.

• Like 1