4A Division 1 Semifinals: Chapel Hill vs Boerne

CHDog77

Chapel Hill vs. Boerne   

60 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinal

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, VonG said:

His opinion. I know Gilmer and Carthage. He'll probably say a healthy Van and Pleasant Grove. 

That’s fair.  But… I think it’s fair to say that CH and Kilgore both “could’ve” beat Gilmer and Van.  Carthage is another animal.  That’s not new news though.

1 minute ago, Stankylegg said:

That’s fair.  But… I think it’s fair to say that CH and Kilgore both “could’ve” beat Gilmer and Van.  Carthage is another animal.  That’s not new news though.

And there is a difference in “could’ve” and “would’ve”

1 minute ago, Aggie98 said:

I'm pretty confident that Chapel Hill surpasses 40 pts in this game. Defensively, I think if CH puts Mayfield on Boerne's top receiver it's going to make things difficult for the Greyhounds. I like the yellow dogs by 10 - 14 pts.

I think CH has to score points in this one.  I could be wrong, but I don’t see them being successful in a 4qtr defensive slug fest with this o-line.  If I’m Boerne that’s exactly what I’m doing.  Run the ball, slow the game down, and try to catch CH in a mistake or two and capitalize on those.

11 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

I think CH has to score points in this one.  I could be wrong, but I don’t see them being successful in a 4qtr defensive slug fest with this o-line.  If I’m Boerne that’s exactly what I’m doing.  Run the ball, slow the game down, and try to catch CH in a mistake or two and capitalize on those.

I just don't think that running the ball is Boerne's MO. They were up by 2 - 3 scores on Calallen for the majority of that game and were still slinging the ball all over the lot until about halfway through the 4th quarter. The little RB is not half bad, but I think I heard during the broadcast that they lost a couple of their top RB's earlier in the season. Could be dead wrong.

1 minute ago, Aggie98 said:

I just don't think that running the ball is Boerne's MO. They were up by 2 - 3 scores on Calallen for the majority of that game and were still slinging the ball all over the lot until about halfway through the 4th quarter. The little RB is not half bad, but I think I heard during the broadcast that they lost a couple of their top RB's earlier in the season. Could be dead wrong.

In watching the film I’ve seen, I don’t think it’s their MO either.  I just think it’s the only way they win the game.  If they throw the ball, that QB will end up getting picked off, and it will speed the game up for CH to take to the races.

• Like 1

A few years ago whitehouse switched their entire offense mid game against CH.  They went from throwing the dink and dunk passes and getting picked off or going 3 and out, to driving down the field out of a power I.  They ended up beating CH, because they had the better o-line and way more depth to survive a physical battle.  I don’t expect Boerne to line up in a power I tomorrow night, but their best plan of action may be to shake things up completely and try to highlight their strongest position, which is their o-line. 

41 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

Bode Brown got hurt on a flip tackle near the goal line back during a district game at Memorial if I remember right.  He’s been in jeans and jersey ever since.  Hicks and Dement have been toting all year though.  Dement is the feature back now, Hicks runs hard but Dement is just tougher to get a clean shot on.  It helps when the defense usually can’t get a hand on you until you’re up to speed 3 yards past the LOS.  When you have to respect 14 Hendrix and three other good receivers and watch the running back coming out of the backfield, it’s tough to commit numbers to overcome those 5 big linemen.  At least so far, ready to see if they can handle CH athleticism on their DL.  I think the nose tackle and LBs for Calallen were the best they faced so far and they passed that test.

38 minutes ago, navscanmaster said:

Bode Brown got hurt on a flip tackle near the goal line back during a district game at Memorial if I remember right.  He’s been in jeans and jersey ever since.  Hicks and Dement have been toting all year though.  Dement is the feature back now, Hicks runs hard but Dement is just tougher to get a clean shot on.  It helps when the defense usually can’t get a hand on you until you’re up to speed 3 yards past the LOS.  When you have to respect 14 Hendrix and three other good receivers and watch the running back coming out of the backfield, it’s tough to commit numbers to overcome those 5 big linemen.  At least so far, ready to see if they can handle CH athleticism on their DL.  I think the nose tackle and LBs for Calallen were the best they faced so far and they passed that test.

That’s the test I’m excited to see. CH’s front seven have not played an o-line like this all year.  Smart offense can take away strengths from the opposing defense and I believe CH’s biggest strength in this matchup is speed.  Boerne’s is a talented O-Line.  On offense of Boerne figures out a way to take the CH speed out of the equation and then figures out how to leverage that O-line.  Their odds go way up.

A lot of folks have said it, but CH cannot make a bunch of mistakes and expect to be playing in another week. 

• Like 1

Best of luck Chapel Hill...do what you have been doing and you will be fine!!.....just be the best version of what Chapel Hill football is and play hard....your team is special and super talented... there's not a doubt in my my mind that if you play your game you will be fine...bring it home!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Prayers 1

1 minute ago, kdogs00 said:

Best of luck Chapel Hill...do what you have been doing and you will be fine!!.....just be the best version of what Chapel Hill football is and play hard....your team is special and super talented... there's not a doubt in my my mind that if you play your game you will be fine...bring it home!!!

I’m a sore loser. Lol Go Boerne

But in all seriousness, Chapel Hill is my pick to win it all. Too much speed

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

Thanks brother!

• Like 1