4A Division 1 Semifinals: Chapel Hill vs Boerne

CHDog77

Chapel Hill vs. Boerne   

60 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinal

This poll is closed to new votes

End of the season for the dogs.  

There’s teams that just want to win more games than they lose.  There’s teams that just want to make the playoff, there’s teams that want to win just one playoff game, and there’s teams that want to make a deep playoff run.  CH’s goal all season was to make it to the SC.

Considering where this program was before Rio got here, I’d say they have come a long way.  Making it to the final 4 is a great season, and the fact that it feels like a major let down is a testament to how expectations at CH have changed for the better.  Go have a good offseason and keep setting high goals.  

• Like 1

I been saying for two years make CH have to throw the ball and stop the run. That’s how you beat them. CH QB and running back is the real deal when the running game is going good. Hopefully Kilgore coaches watched this game and saw how to stop CH. Great year CH we will see y’all again next year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WhoamI97539 said:

I watched this game and it looked like CH came in expecting to win and Borne did their homework and shut them down. CH to me was looking right past them 

It was more than being overlooked…Boerne had the better  horses too, that has to be one of the best lines at the 4a level I’ve seen. Just overall a very solid football team, size, speed, athleticism, strength, discipline. What stood out to me is is that no one player stood out, they just balled as a team. Hard to beat a team like that.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

It was more than being overlooked…Boerne had the better  horses too, that has to be one of the best lines at the 4a level I’ve seen. Just overall a very solid football team, size, speed, athleticism, strength, discipline. What stood out to me is is that no one player stood out, they just balled as a team. Hard to beat a team like that.

I agree CH had no answer offensively what to do I think CH was shocked with their overall athletic ability and speed to keep them bottled up all night.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JugLine said:

Unreal with the number of big boys at the 4a level. All positions. They shocked CH early and never let off the gas. 

It can be a sore spot for Champion HS fans, but Boerne ISD implemented High School choice after a lot of parent complaints that Champion had much stronger and diverse academic programs.  It used to be that north of TX46 went to BHS and south of TX46 went to CHS.  There are a few starters at BHS that live in the old Champion feeder zone, but it’s not as impactful as Champion would have you believe.  They had a down year, Boerne is having a statement year.  

Saying CH overlooked Boerne isn’t accurate or a fair statement to Boerne.  It gives the idea that if CH had focused more on Boerne the outcome could have been different.   These coaches and players worked really hard this past week.  CH runs the football, tries to hit the edges and get in open space.  CH hasnt ever relied on the passing game to be their bread and butter, and obviously there’s reason for than.  Boerne was just a better team, and that’s why they won the game.  It wasn’t lack of focus, lack of discipline, the long drive, or any of the other things that have been thrown around.  Boerne was just the better team with a very good defense and elite o-line.  

everybody all of a sudden throwing around hash tags and don’t even know what the meaning of the hash tag is.  Almost like they are happy a fellow East Texas team has come up short of their goal.  I’ve never once rejoiced in the shortcomings of another East Texas team representing this part of the state this deep in the playoffs.  The hashtag is from last year when LBJ said the reason they would beat CH was because they were the fastest team in the state.  They were the fastest team in the state, but CH is fast too.  In that game they proved that they could play with LbJ and were very close to a SC.  That became the goal this entire season to make it past the point of last year and play all 16 games.  Having goals like that is a noble thing, and doesn’t mean a team is arrogant, it means they have high expectations for themselves.   CH got beat yesterday, and they played hard, but still got beat.  They didn’t get out schemed or out prepared, they got physically beat.  Boerne did a great job.   The rest of y’all that find joy in the loss of a fellow East Texas team can get a life.  Some of y’all haven’t had a team playing for weeks and you come out of the hillbilly sticks to a CH thread out of nowhere to be a troll.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, navscanmaster said:

It can be a sore spot for Champion HS fans, but Boerne ISD implemented High School choice after a lot of parent complaints that Champion had much stronger and diverse academic programs.  It used to be that north of TX46 went to BHS and south of TX46 went to CHS.  There are a few starters at BHS that live in the old Champion feeder zone, but it’s not as impactful as Champion would have you believe.  They had a down year, Boerne is having a statement year.  

Austin LBJ had similar circumstances, but at the end of the day the UIL sees them as a legit team that can suit up and play.  If you want to be the best, you have to bear the best, and you can’t worry about excuses for how they became the best. 

38 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

Saying CH overlooked Boerne isn’t accurate or a fair statement to Boerne.  It gives the idea that if CH had focused more on Boerne the outcome could have been different.   These coaches and players worked really hard this past week.  CH runs the football, tries to hit the edges and get in open space.  CH hasnt ever relied on the passing game to be their bread and butter, and obviously there’s reason for than.  Boerne was just a better team, and that’s why they won the game.  It wasn’t lack of focus, lack of discipline, the long drive, or any of the other things that have been thrown around.  Boerne was just the better team with a very good defense and elite o-line.  

everybody all of a sudden throwing around hash tags and don’t even know what the meaning of the hash tag is.  Almost like they are happy a fellow East Texas team has come up short of their goal.  I’ve never once rejoiced in the shortcomings of another East Texas team representing this part of the state this deep in the playoffs.  The hashtag is from last year when LBJ said the reason they would beat CH was because they were the fastest team in the state.  They were the fastest team in the state, but CH is fast too.  In that game they proved that they could play with LbJ and were very close to a SC.  That became the goal this entire season to make it past the point of last year and play all 16 games.  Having goals like that is a noble thing, and doesn’t mean a team is arrogant, it means they have high expectations for themselves.   CH got beat yesterday, and they played hard, but still got beat.  They didn’t get out schemed or out prepared, they got physically beat.  Boerne did a great job.   The rest of y’all that find joy in the loss of a fellow East Texas team can get a life.  Some of y’all haven’t had a team playing for weeks and you come out of the hillbilly sticks to a CH thread out of nowhere to be a 

Edited by JugLine
  • Crybaby 1

33 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

everybody all of a sudden throwing around hash tags and don’t even know what the meaning of the hash tag is.  Almost like they are happy a fellow East Texas team has come up short of their goal.  I’ve never once rejoiced in the shortcomings of another East Texas team representing this part of the state this deep in the playoffs.  The hashtag is from last year when LBJ said the reason they would beat CH was because they were the fastest team in the state.  They were the fastest team in the state, but CH is fast too.  In that game they proved that they could play with LbJ and were very close to a SC.  That became the goal this entire season to make it past the point of last year and play all 16 games.  Having goals like that is a noble thing, and doesn’t mean a team is arrogant, it means they have high expectations for themselves.   CH got beat yesterday, and they played hard, but still got beat.  They didn’t get out schemed or out prepared, they got physically beat.  Boerne did a great job.   The rest of y’all that find joy in the loss of a fellow East Texas team can get a life.  Some of y’all haven’t had a team playing for weeks and you come out of the hillbilly sticks to a CH thread out of nowhere to be a troll.

I think the people using the hashtags are using it because it was CH fans in here talking about Boerne looked slow and that the “CH boys” had too much speed for Boerne to handle. 

8 minutes ago, JugLine said:

Just a true homer. 

Really that is my favorite kind of football fan, especially at the HS level. Primarily because in most cases you are a vested fan, you are either alum, or in most cases likely played for your favorite school, you are emotionally tied to that program, be a homer, be proud. Once your team is gone from contention though become a district fan, a regional fan, or a fan of your next connection, heck even being a fan of your most hated rival at times can be exciting.

If you love football, you love everything about it, the ups, the downs, seeing the improbable, cheering for the underdog, there is simply nothing like it that gets your heart pounding, emotions moving, I mean the National Anthem before the game to this day still gets me going...at every game, not just my home team.

We are blessed to have the technology to see as many games now, whether streaming or live, and we are further blessed we live in Texas where the best amateur football is played, where we can be around so many other fans just like ourselves that love the game.

Texas HS football for fans like that is honestly a gift.

This is my favorite six weeks of the year, Bi-District to Championship weekend...

To those who fell short this year, hold your head high you competed in a state with the highest level of competition possible, to those still playing, best of luck to you, always respect your opponents. Win with grace, lose with dignity.

Shout out to Laggett Gipson...CH alum and baller in the day,and an old USMC buddy of mine, he's the connection that gets me to follow CH.

The rest of y'all...be nice...lol!

• Like 3