4A Division 1 Semifinals: Chapel Hill vs Boerne

CHDog77

Chapel Hill vs. Boerne   

60 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinal

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Stankylegg said:

Saying CH overlooked Boerne isn’t accurate or a fair statement to Boerne.  It gives the idea that if CH had focused more on Boerne the outcome could have been different.   These coaches and players worked really hard this past week.  CH runs the football, tries to hit the edges and get in open space.  CH hasnt ever relied on the passing game to be their bread and butter, and obviously there’s reason for than.  Boerne was just a better team, and that’s why they won the game.  It wasn’t lack of focus, lack of discipline, the long drive, or any of the other things that have been thrown around.  Boerne was just the better team with a very good defense and elite o-line.  

everybody all of a sudden throwing around hash tags and don’t even know what the meaning of the hash tag is.  Almost like they are happy a fellow East Texas team has come up short of their goal.  I’ve never once rejoiced in the shortcomings of another East Texas team representing this part of the state this deep in the playoffs.  The hashtag is from last year when LBJ said the reason they would beat CH was because they were the fastest team in the state.  They were the fastest team in the state, but CH is fast too.  In that game they proved that they could play with LbJ and were very close to a SC.  That became the goal this entire season to make it past the point of last year and play all 16 games.  Having goals like that is a noble thing, and doesn’t mean a team is arrogant, it means they have high expectations for themselves.   CH got beat yesterday, and they played hard, but still got beat.  They didn’t get out schemed or out prepared, they got physically beat.  Boerne did a great job.   The rest of y’all that find joy in the loss of a fellow East Texas team can get a life.  Some of y’all haven’t had a team playing for weeks and you come out of the hillbilly sticks to a CH thread out of nowhere to be a troll.

This is your opinion just like other people have theirs that's one thing you can't control is someone else's opinion. It doesn't mean they are right and doesn't mean they are wrong. It just boiled down to the better team won yesterday.

1 hour ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

I think the people using the hashtags are using it because it was CH fans in here talking about Boerne looked slow and that the “CH boys” had too much speed for Boerne to handle. 

No, the explanation for hashtag is in the post I just put on here.

1 hour ago, WhoamI97539 said:

This is your opinion just like other people have theirs that's one thing you can't control is someone else's opinion. It doesn't mean they are right and doesn't mean they are wrong. It just boiled down to the better team won yesterday.

Absolutely the best team won.  It wasn’t a 1 possession game that came down to one or two crucial plays/mistakes.  It was a beating from an exceptional squad. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stankylegg said:

Saying CH overlooked Boerne isn’t accurate or a fair statement to Boerne.  It gives the idea that if CH had focused more on Boerne the outcome could have been different.   These coaches and players worked really hard this past week.  CH runs the football, tries to hit the edges and get in open space.  CH hasnt ever relied on the passing game to be their bread and butter, and obviously there’s reason for than.  Boerne was just a better team, and that’s why they won the game.  It wasn’t lack of focus, lack of discipline, the long drive, or any of the other things that have been thrown around.  Boerne was just the better team with a very good defense and elite o-line.  

everybody all of a sudden throwing around hash tags and don’t even know what the meaning of the hash tag is.  Almost like they are happy a fellow East Texas team has come up short of their goal.  I’ve never once rejoiced in the shortcomings of another East Texas team representing this part of the state this deep in the playoffs.  The hashtag is from last year when LBJ said the reason they would beat CH was because they were the fastest team in the state.  They were the fastest team in the state, but CH is fast too.  In that game they proved that they could play with LbJ and were very close to a SC.  That became the goal this entire season to make it past the point of last year and play all 16 games.  Having goals like that is a noble thing, and doesn’t mean a team is arrogant, it means they have high expectations for themselves.   CH got beat yesterday, and they played hard, but still got beat.  They didn’t get out schemed or out prepared, they got physically beat.  Boerne did a great job.   The rest of y’all that find joy in the loss of a fellow East Texas team can get a life.  Some of y’all haven’t had a team playing for weeks and you come out of the hillbilly sticks to a CH thread out of nowhere to be a troll.

Total respect for this answer. This is what a man does. Owns it. #Respect 

• Like 4

I had CH winning a close one. The Boerne offense was about what I expected...but the Boerne defense was much, much better than I expected. I thought the CH D played pretty well considering how the offense struggled all night. I know it was a disappointing end to the season...but a trip to the semis is nothing to hang your head about. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 12/10/2022 at 8:56 AM, Stankylegg said:

Great post!