It’s not how you start….

Eagleborn

RETIREDFAN1
This post was recognized by RETIREDFAN1!

Eagleborn was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 5 points.

Harmony started the season 0-4
Brock started 0-4
Decatur started 0-3
Aledo started 0-2
Dallas South Oak Cliff started 0-3

Would be awesome if one of the first two could pull it off. That’d put you in the history books as being the first ever. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Harmony started the season 0-4
Brock started 0-4
Decatur started 0-3
Aledo started 0-2
Dallas South Oak Cliff started 0-3

Would be awesome if one of the first two could pull it off. That’d put you in the history books as being the first ever. 

Atlanta started on a negative slate years ago so it wouldn't be first ever.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Atlanta started on a negative slate years ago so it wouldn't be first ever.  

I promise you they didn’t start 0-4 like mentioned in post above. And if you could read you’d know I was referring to 0-4 start. 

Edited by Eagleborn

4 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

I promise you they didn’t start 0-4 like mentioned in post above. And if you could read you’d know I was referring to 0-4 start. 

EagleHatch I know what you meant. Atlanta did go 0-4 because playing and losing to 4A schools in non district. (Curtis Burns, Blaylock and crew). They beat a good Gilmer team in Quarter Finals a went on to win state 🤡 (2002-2004 ish' )

Edited by KrookedWolfe

57 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

EagleHatch I know what you meant. Atlanta did go 0-4 because playing and losing to 4A schools in non district. (Curtis Burns, Blaylock and crew). They beat a good Gilmer team in Quarter Finals a went on to win state 🤡 (2002-2004 ish' )

Kinda hard to start the year 0-4 when you beat Paris 6-3 in first game of season. Thanks for trying to play along. Come again ya hear

7 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Kinda hard to start the year 0-4 when you beat Paris 6-3 in first game of season. Thanks for trying to play along. Come again ya hear

Eagle born what was Tatum’s record in 1996. I know they lost 4 games in non-district before rolling into the state championship. Only to lose to Sealy. 

Just killed some time and compared all of these teams.  Harmony's losses are not like the others.  The only team remaining in the playoffs to beat them is Beckville a 2A team.  Aledo's 2 losses came to Guyer who is in the Semi's and Paris Epis.(sp?) who won State.  Brock's losses have 3 teams still in the playoffs in Pleasant Grove, Wimberly, & Gunter. The other was WF Hirschi, who should have done better.  SOC's has 2 teams still in the playoffs of their 3 losses in Duncanville and Desoto.  Lancaster was a mighty foe as well.  Decatur only has one as well in Anna with the two losses to Stephenville and WF Rider.

With all that being said, everyone but Harmony(no offense) came out battle tested and ready for a run.  Doesn't shock me they are doing well in the playoffs.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Fa sho, but I don't think scrimmages count fella.  It doesn't matter much to me, but I vaguely remember.  If I'm wrong I'm wrong because as ya say I'm playing along. Let's see it 👀.  

9 minutes ago, Gobstopper77 said:

Only you can answer that. Unnecessary snarky comments belie an underlying issue. Actually just being a smart TobinFrost. I will say what Harmony has done is beyond impressive. 

Yup. No denying that. Harmony has had a great run. Two more wins and they will go down in the history books. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Fa sho, but I don't think scrimmages count fella.  It doesn't matter much to me, but I vaguely remember.  If I'm wrong I'm wrong because as ya say I'm playing along. Let's see it 👀.  

They also don’t keep score in scrimmages. Obviously we can tell it doesn’t matter to who how often and wrong you are. 

E4CFF08C-5AB3-4B19-BB65-3CCFA14BF8E9.jpeg

Edited by Eagleborn

21 minutes ago, GoBigBlue said:

Just killed some time and compared all of these teams.  Harmony's losses are not like the others.  The only team remaining in the playoffs to beat them is Beckville a 2A team.  Aledo's 2 losses came to Guyer who is in the Semi's and Paris Epis.(sp?) who won State.  Brock's losses have 3 teams still in the playoffs in Pleasant Grove, Wimberly, & Gunter. The other was WF Hirschi, who should have done better.  SOC's has 2 teams still in the playoffs of their 3 losses in Duncanville and Desoto.  Lancaster was a mighty foe as well.  Decatur only has one as well in Anna with the two losses to Stephenville and WF Rider.

With all that being said, everyone but Harmony(no offense) came out battle tested and ready for a run.  Doesn't shock me they are doing well in the playoffs.

Didn't Joaquin knocked them out of the playoffs already?