Uniform Rant

SpaceGhost

My senior season, in 1971, Adidas came out with a shoe called the Adidas Superlite .... they had hard rubber cleats and they came in white ... I think they were like soccer shoes ... My coach gave me a pair because I was one of the team captains ... They weighed about 1/3 of what the old black shoes with the long screw in cleats weighed ... There was a lot of criticism because a few of us were wearing white cleats and we looked different .... I liked them because they were very light and were far better than the old black heavy cleats ...

5 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I did notice those undisciplined Longview kids wearing different shoes and gloves..some had gold socks...some didnt....clearly Coach King has lost control of the team

Interesting opinion you have. Doesn’t mean it’s anymore right or wrong than anyway else’s though. 

7 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Interesting opinion you have. Doesn’t mean it’s anymore right or wrong than anyway else’s though. 

No it doesnt....I just dont believe you can paint w/a broad brush and say because a team isn't uniform that they lack discipline or are somehow going to lose football games because of it...a preference is one thing but a blanket judgement is amusing to me...there's successful coaches who go about things differently and thats ok

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MattStepp said:

No it doesnt....I just dont believe you can paint w/a broad brush and say because a team isn't uniform that they lack discipline or are somehow going to lose football games because of it...a preference is one thing but a blanket judgement is amusing to me...there's successful coaches who go about things differently and thats ok

And there’s also people that think the Junction Boys is the way of life. 

15 hours ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Man I graduated in 07 I wish I had your coach mine was old school like these old heads crying about uniforms

He was an old school coach. We did things wrong and trust me, we paid the price.

9 hours ago, MattStepp said:

I did notice those undisciplined Longview kids wearing different shoes and gloves..some had gold socks...some didnt....clearly Coach King has lost control of the team

I did detect a note of sarcasm. This whole topic shows the difference between old school and the way things are headed in this country.  If you look at the state of the USA Today is a prime example of different views on discipline and morals.  Don’t offend anyone and for goodness sake don’t make little Johnny conform to ANY rules, it might hurt his feelings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Destry said:

I did detect a note of sarcasm. This whole topic shows the difference between old school and the way things are headed in this country.  If you look at the state of the USA Today is a prime example of different views on discipline and morals.  Don’t offend anyone and for goodness sake don’t make little Johnny conform to ANY rules, it might hurt his feelings.

And one other thing—— tomorrow you may not have to worry about hurting little Johnny’s feelings, he may decide he wants to be little Jonette and mommy and daddy (if daddy is even in the picture) are tickled to death about it and he can get government funding to pay for it while we have hard working people barely getting by , veterans in need of help, and senior citizens can hardly survive on social security. But ssshh,don’t say anything , remember other people’s feelings.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Destry said:

Of course there's sarcasm there lol

13 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

My senior season, in 1971, Adidas came out with a shoe called the Adidas Superlite .... they had hard rubber cleats and they came in white ... I think they were like soccer shoes ... My coach gave me a pair because I was one of the team captains ... They weighed about 1/3 of what the old black shoes with the long screw in cleats weighed ... There was a lot of criticism because a few of us were wearing white cleats and we looked different .... I liked them because they were very light and were far better than the old black heavy cleats ...

Were the shoes leather to match your helmet?

• LOL! 3

4 hours ago, Destry said:

This is really personal to you huh? Where did all the uniformity and conformity get you? Did the old heads not raise this generations or at least their parents? Such a strange thing to let keep you up at night. What was so great about our country back in your day? The wars, the prejudice, the 07 recession... or did matching high school football uniforms make all those things better?

Edited by HeatTested

37 minutes ago, HeatTested said:

This is really personal to you huh? Where did all the uniformity and conformity get you? Did the old heads not raise this generations or at least their parents? Such a strange thing to let keep you up at night. What was so great about our country back in your day? The wars, the prejudice, the 07 recession... or did matching high school football uniforms make all those things better?

Lol, I guess

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, PurpleEagles04 said:

All those sleeves, extra tape, and necklaces really seemed to hold Carthage back today, if only they had all been matching.

Necklaces? Necklaces? Winning is the only thing that matters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  to todays generation.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/7/2022 at 10:07 AM, JBizzle said:

Also, when they run on the field, make sure they are in ranks and do the same pregame hype routine.  I hope they listen to the same playlist pregame when they are getting ready.  In the Navy, we had to lace our boots the same, better get someone to check if they are left over right.  Tell them to keep their helmets on too.  We don't want to see who has a center part and who decided to bleach their hair for a playoff run.  High and tights all around!!!!  I think they should all wear the same number that way we don't know who is who and they can just be a team.

my wife thinks I'm nuts because I restring all my shoes a certain direction...otherwise "they won't feel right"...

• Like 1