Port Neches Groves vs. Liberty Hill (5A-D2 Semi final)

dme1111

Port Neches Groves vs Liberty Hill  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• PNG
    • Liberty HIll

This poll is closed to new votes

Liberty Hill lost their top two running backs in first offensive series of last game, but still ran for over 500 yards and scored 63.  Don't know that it means anything regarding the outcome of this game, but an interesting thing to know.  I think LH will give a good fight, but hard to overcome loss of top two offensive weapons.  I think they had some 3,000 yards between the two.

Liberty Hill has established themselves as a top tier program for the better part of 2 decades while moving from 3A up to 5A and with only 2 down years over that period.  Their last down year being 2012 when they went 6-4.  They have exceptional coaching and have a culture and mindset of winning and never quitting.  I've watched them win quite a number of games that went down to the wire and seems like they almost always find a way to pull out the W.  One exceptional win against Carthage when nobody gave them a chance, the last two years against Alamo Heights in playoffs, and even last week against Flour Bluff after losing the 2 RBs.  

I have to admit I know very little about PNG, but they do seem to be a program that is more up and down, not as well established as a regular contender.  Perhaps this is their year, but I'm going with Liberty Hill.

Edited by Everide2016
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 9:02 PM, Everide2016 said:

Liberty Hill lost their top two running backs in first offensive series of last game, but still ran for over 500 yards and scored 63.  Don't know that it means anything regarding the outcome of this game, but an interesting thing to know.  I think LH will give a good fight, but hard to overcome loss of top two offensive weapons.  I think they had some 3,000 yards between the two.

Liberty Hill has established themselves as a top tier program for the better part of 2 decades while moving from 3A up to 5A and with only 2 down years over that period.  Their last down year being 2012 when they went 6-4.  They have exceptional coaching and have a culture and mindset of winning and never quitting.  I've watched them win quite a number of games that went down to the wire and seems like they almost always find a way to pull out the W.  One exceptional win against Carthage when nobody gave them a chance, the last two years against Alamo Heights in playoffs, and even last week against Flour Bluff after losing the 2 RBs.  

I have to admit I know very little about PNG, but they do seem to be a program that is more up and down, not as well established as a regular contender.  Perhaps this is their year, but I'm going with Liberty Hill.

Your offense does not require athletes.

Going with Liberty Hill to win with their clock eating trickery.

Edited by HearEmaGrowlin

3 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Your offense does not require athletes.

Going with Liberty Hill to win with their clock eating trickery.

The bitterness toward Liberty Hill from some Carthage fans has no end and is quite hilarious. 

Trying to diminish Liberty Hill's offense in saying it "does not require athletes' has to be in the top 10 most ignorant statements of all time on Smoaky.  It's great beating so many teams with no athletes.  Carthage should try it.  Maybe they could have managed at least one win against Liberty Hill's trickery.

5 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

The bitterness toward Liberty Hill from some Carthage fans has no end and is quite hilarious. 

Trying to diminish Liberty Hill's offense in saying it "does not require athletes' has to be in the top 10 most ignorant statements of all time on Smoaky.  It's great beating so many teams with no athletes.  Carthage should try it.  Maybe they could have managed at least one win against Liberty Hill's trickery.

Really, your best two backs go out and you don’t miss a beat, it’s the scheme.

That is not ignorant, it’s fact and actually a compliment to how well y’all run that offense I so highly dislike.

On 12/7/2022 at 9:02 PM, Everide2016 said:

Liberty Hill lost their top two running backs in first offensive series of last game, but still ran for over 500 yards and scored 63.  

Some Carthage posters logic states that those yards and point don’t count because back ups were used. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

16 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Really, your best two backs go out and you don’t miss a beat, it’s the scheme.

That is not ignorant, it’s fact and actually a compliment to how well y’all run that offense I so highly dislike.

Oh, they definitely missed a beat.  LH quite possibly would have had another 150 yards rushing with those two in the game.  

6 hours ago, Raidergirl10 said:

I have a feeling png/setx fans will play into this game. PNG side sold out and allowing to sit on other side so better be ready for some loud PNG Indian fans all over that stadium 

And the best band around!!! Of course I'm a little prejudice having both my grandsons on the Indian drumline. 💜💜