Gunter/Canadian

Eagleborn

Another classic !!  Two great programs. Super coaching, players, and communities. Congrats Gunter now go win it all. They never give up. I’m exhausted after this one. Sure will make that yella dawg ride more tolerable. Gunter is young and those kids are getting some valuable experience. They played great defense against a high scoring Canadian team,  and clicked on offense for 82 yds near the end when they had to.  Love those Gunter tigers. TPW 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Never thought Gunter would have driven the ball the length of the field after they had been stopped most of the game!!! That's why high school football is so much fun to watch!!!

I agree. Felt like they were setting that up on the play for the winning td. Threw it to the kid on the right 3/4 straight plays on the sideline. Then hit them on the other side. 

28 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Never thought Gunter would have driven the ball the length of the field after they had been stopped most of the game!!! That's why high school football is so much fun to watch!!!

I agree. Felt like they were setting that up on the play for the winning td. Threw it to the kid on the right 3/4 straight plays on the sideline. Then hit them on the other side. 

1 minute ago, wingtveer said:

Another classic !!  Two great programs. Super coaching, players, and communities. Congrats Gunter now go win it all. They never give up. I’m exhausted after this one. Sure will make that yella dawg ride more tolerable. Gunter is young and those kids are getting some valuable experience. They played great defense against a high scoring Canadian team,  and clicked on offense for 82 yds near the end when they had to.  Love those Gunter tigers. TPW 

Great game!

What to say…….First, congrats Gunter! Go win state! Couldn’t be more proud of our boys. We had our opportunities. Slick field, bad snap on PAT, QB gets hurt, dropped pick to close out the game. This one stings. But, that is football. We shut the run game down, but couldn’t stop the pass at the end!

Credit to GT players, staff, and community! Hope we see y’all next year!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, THEHARDWAY said:

What to say…….First, congrats Gunter! Go win state! Couldn’t be more proud of our boys. We had our opportunities. Slick field, bad snap on PAT, QB gets hurt, dropped pick to close out the game. This one stings. But, that is football. We shut the run game down, but couldn’t stop the pass at the end!

Credit to GT players, staff, and community! Hope we see y’all next year!

One word for Canadian. AWESOME 

Most exciting game in the series.  Well the 2019 game was too.  Canadian was great, as I expected.  Best overall QB we have seen this year.  Underrated defense - man those guys really made the option game difficult.  We should do this again next year.  It might be the last for a while.

To bad one of the teams had to take the loss.  Now we need to finish the job next week.  Poth will be another tough game.

• Like 1