1. 1. Brock vs Franklin. Pick it!

• Brock Eagles
    • Franklin Lions

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, TxBroadcaster said:

Their schedule was not a lot easier 

Woodville, Mexia, Diboll, Jasper 

Or

Pleasant Grove(4 rounds deep), Wichita Falls Hirshi, Wimberley(4A D2 Finals), Gunter(3A D2 Finals)

Is one of those non-district skeds not glaringly "harder"?

Edited by Eagle8
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Woodville, Mexia, Diboll, Jasper 

Or

Pleasant Grove(4 rounds deep), Wichita Falls Hirshi, Wimberley(4A D2 Finals), Gunter(3A D2 Finals)

Is one of those non-district skeds not glaringly "harder"?

I did not say Franklin's was tougher, I said it was not a lot easier and it was not. Also a schedule is not just a non district slate. Franklin was in the toughest district inside maybe the toughest region. 

7 minutes ago, TxBroadcaster said:

I did not say Franklin's was tougher, I said it was not a lot easier and it was not. Also a schedule is not just a non district slate. Franklin was in the toughest district inside maybe the toughest region. 

Franklin isn't 15-0 with Brock's schedule.....thats all I'm saying

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TxBroadcaster said:

And I don't think Brock is 15-0 with Franklin's schedule either. Brock's offense has had long stretches of being inconsistent this season and even in the playoffs

Well, one would assume you're rolling with Franky......I'll roll with Brock. Winner buys the loser a Moon Pie and a RC Cola?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TxBroadcaster said:

I actually do not know who I have yet. Seen them both many times this year and this is a classic match up of strength vs strength. 

I under-estimated Brock. Malakoff, who I thought was the most complete team left in 3A D1, didn't score an offensive touchdown against Brock. I expected Mally to win....their offense was popping on all cylinders and their defense looked stingy as hell. Brock doing them the way they did was impressive. Franklin is gonna be tough. This could be a 24-21 type game. 

• Like 2

Brock’s district was tougher too by the way. Whitesboro could easily be here as Brock. Paradise is almost just as good. 

Brock’s opponents have won 132 games. 
Franklin’s 93 games. 
39 wins difference. Brock’s schedule was a LOT harder. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eagle8 said:

I under-estimated Brock. Malakoff, who I thought was the most complete team left in 3A D1, didn't score an offensive touchdown against Brock. I expected Mally to win....their offense was popping on all cylinders and their defense looked stingy as hell. Brock doing them the way they did was impressive. Franklin is gonna be tough. This could be a 24-21 type game. 

yea the D for Brock is their strength. Crazy thing..The whole D is back next year. I love both these teams and since I do coaches shows with both coaches, I respect the staffs so much. This is a on possession game for sure and I could see 24-21 being the score

• Like 3

This is a pick'em game, imo. Both show that they have what it takes to win and how they got here. Gonna be a great game either way. 

Imo, Franklin run will show sometime in the game. I get what the koff game plan was doing but the times we did run their were some good runs (inside and outside) and just didn't stick with it at times, imo. Franklin's backs won't be timid like Jackson and Tennison was and will run north and south which is what they'll have to do. If Frankin can throw in some pass plays to the outside corners and mid range throws, which will be hardly any but that's Brock’s weakness in the secondary. 

Brock like I said last week, they'll have to establish the run game to win and keep running it the whole game. They usually find holes in coverage which I've seen in the last 3 games. Brock does have trouble with 3 man fronts on the run. Saw it in the boro game and when we switched to it in mid/late 3rd it showed. 

I've seen both teams in person mutliple times. I got Franklin winning this by a td. 

11 hours ago, GoBigBlue said:

Don’t know much about Franklin other than they get to Jerry World a lot lately. Their schedule seems a lot easier than Brock’s. Doesn’t matter now. Boys just have to strap up and go to work. Good luck to both teams. 

I love it!!!! Sounds familiar that Franklin has not played that tough of a schedule.

4 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Interesting Facts:

This is both teams 4th trip to the state championships.

Both teams are 1-2 in the Championship game.

Brock will now have faced 4 members of district 11 in the Championship game. (15 Cameron, 17 Rockdale, 21 Lorena, 22 Franklin)

Would be 0 for 4 after this week if Yoe hadn't had one bad "break".

After this year, Brock will never want to see district 11 ever again. 

Lions will controle this game and win by 10+

AND next year region 3 will win again with Franklin, Columbus, Lorena, or dark horses Yoe and a healthy LRA.  4 of these are in District 11.

Will give that edge to Lorena, only losing 2 starters, but the healthiest out of these teams will beat an over ranked region 1 again.

10 hours ago, player73 said:

Before the season started, district 11 appeared to potentially be the strongest but not sure you can say that now. Take out Franklin’s outstanding 15-0 record, the rest of the district was 27-36 according to the MaxPreps standings of district 11. 

Yeah, LR-A ended up being way overrated. Lorena didn't live up to the hype either. Yoe actually over-achieved in my opinion. Rockdale didn't even live up to Rockdale standards...

4 hours ago, titanz said:

Would be 0 for 4 after this week if Yoe hadn't had one bad "break".

After this year, Brock will never want to see district 11 ever again. 

Lions will controle this game and win by 10+

AND next year region 3 will win again with Franklin, Columbus, Lorena, or dark horses Yoe and a healthy LRA.  4 of these are in District 11.

Will give that edge to Lorena, only losing 2 starters, but the healthiest out of these teams will beat an over ranked region 1 again.

Columbus is losing some key stars. Lorena only losing two starters... but those starters couldn't beat Yoe or Franklin, and actually struggled with a couple other district opponents...

• Crawford changed the title to 🏆3A-D1 State Championship Franklin 17 Brock 14 Final🏆