88YoePride

11-4 Brock Eagles vs 15-0 Franklin Lions for the 3A-D1 State Title  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Brock vs Franklin. Pick it!

• Brock Eagles
    • Franklin Lions

This poll is closed to new votes

36 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

Yeah, LR-A ended up being way overrated. Lorena didn't live up to the hype either. Yoe actually over-achieved in my opinion. Rockdale didn't even live up to Rockdale standards...

LR-A lost a ton of stars to injury for the season from the jump. Got half back either against Franklin or Hitchcock. They had 1st 2nd and even 3rd string Rb go down to season ending injuries. Couple WR's went down as well. Same on the defense side with a ton of injuries. Every one was wondering what happened to LR-A and its just the injury bug was to much to overcome

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TxBroadcaster said:

And I don't think Brock is 15-0 with Franklin's schedule either. Brock's offense has had long stretches of being inconsistent this season and even in the playoffs

Their offensive philosophy seems slightly off from their personnel this season for whatever reason

On 12/9/2022 at 11:13 PM, GoBigBlue said:

Brock’s district was tougher too by the way. Whitesboro could easily be here as Brock. Paradise is almost just as good. 

Brock’s opponents have won 132 games. 
Franklin’s 93 games. 
39 wins difference. Brock’s schedule was a LOT harder. 

Thats lazy research.. anyone could search maxpreps. How bout you watch film 

Makes me feel great when you think Whitesboro and goodness gracious Paradise is on the same level as a Lorena or Columbus which imo are the best two other teams in Region III if you actually turn on the tape. Hitchcock would make Whitesboro spread look like its standing still. They have another thing coming if they think those are really good teams

Well I did watch some tape as you call it. Not on the other teams you mention. Why waste the time. They are not in it. I watched Whitesboro and Paradise in person. We will find out Thursday which team is better. District really doesn’t matter anymore. 

8 hours ago, HSFBFAN007 said:

Makes me feel great when you think Whitesboro and goodness gracious Paradise is on the same level as a Lorena or Columbus which imo are the best two other teams in Region III if you actually turn on the tape. Hitchcock would make Whitesboro spread look like its standing still. They have another thing coming if they think those are really good teams

Whitesboro was a solid team, they outplayed Brock in the Reg Final, they just got sloppy and undisciplined in the last quarter when it counted most.

19 hours ago, HSFBFAN007 said:

11 hours ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Whitesboro was a solid team, they outplayed Brock in the Reg Final, they just got sloppy and undisciplined in the last quarter when it counted most.

Any chance Brock had something to do with Whitesboro getting sloppy and undisciplined?  I'm guessing so.  Often times "sloppy and  undisciplined" can be translated "the other team kicked it in gear and whooped our tail."  Depends on which side your on.

Edited by Everide2016

20 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Any chance Brock had something to do with Whitesboro getting sloppy and undisciplined?  I'm guessing so.  Often times "sloppy and  undisciplined" can be translated "the other team kicked it in gear and whooped our tail."  Depends on which side your on.

I’m not a fan of either so I wasn’t on a side really. To answer your question yes, Brock had a lot to do with it. It was just disappointing from a football fan perspective because that game looked like it was going to be an instant classic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GoBigBlue said:

Brock had a nice Tornado rip through our community this morning. Hope everyone is safe and without much damage. Scary few minutes. 

Hate to hear that! Hope everyone is okay as well. Prayers from Franklin. We know about Tornados oh so well

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 10:33 PM, Eagle8 said:

Woodville, Mexia, Diboll, Jasper 

Or

Pleasant Grove(4 rounds deep), Wichita Falls Hirshi, Wimberley(4A D2 Finals), Gunter(3A D2 Finals)

Is one of those non-district skeds not glaringly "harder"?

Brock preseason schedule was more difficult. Franklin's overall schedule was no cake walk.

18 minutes ago, GoBigBlue said:

Both districts won 42 games. Brock’s lost 36 and Franklin’s lost 38. Pretty evenly matched. If you look at it. 

Pre district favored Brock district pretty even.... post season favored Franklin. So over all pretty even

Edited by lionpride08

• Crawford changed the title to 🏆3A-D1 State Championship Franklin 17 Brock 14 Final🏆