Crawford

State Championship  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Wimberley Texans
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

22 minutes ago, Rob123 said:

Hopefully Carthage will come out and score early.Carthage wins by 12. Anyone suggestions on the best streaming broadcast here ? I'm going to check out bally sports plus i'm assuming they carry it here in east texas . Never used them before. 

Your only option is Bally streaming or Direct TV w/ Bally.  They offer a 7 day free trial.  Sign up Tues afternoon and get comfortable with it and how to stream, etc.  Then you have all the games Wed-Sat.  Just don’t forget to cancel on Sun or Mon!

6 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Your only option is Bally streaming or Direct TV w/ Bally.  They offer a 7 day free trial.  Sign up Tues afternoon and get comfortable with it and how to stream, etc.  Then you have all the games Wed-Sat.  Just don’t forget to cancel on Sun or Mon!

Thanks

31 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Panthernation or Cotton

what have you found out about Wimberly

offense and defense

What kind of offense do they run, size, and special players. 
Defense/size

Thanks

From my post on other thread.

After watching 3 quarters of the Wimbo vs Cuero game, no he is not as good as the GR QB.  #2 is a Soph and shows signs of being that type of player in the future, but he ain’t there yet.  He is still a solid dual threat though.  BUT, Wimbo has a DUDE named Ball #25.  Big, physical RB that reminds me of what you Carthage fans described Hunter Holland to be like.  Maybe 6’1 220 and can run in space.  Remember his name.  Carthage will need to wrap up and gang tackle him.  He is a load and loves contact.  He is going to run for 125+ yards so just get ready for it now.

Offensively they are lining up in a pistol/spread look with 2-3 yard splits on the OL, and they have a TE/DE as good or better than #40 from PG.  Gotta be 6’5 240, athletic, with good hands.  OL is adequate, but not the same level as GR.  Right tackle severely undersized but can get away with it due to the wide splits.  WR core is solid but not eye popping.

Defensively they run a similar scheme to GR.  The shining stars on this unit are the LB’s.  Big, physical, and just make plays.  The whole unit does not shy away from contact.  DE #80 and Safety #7 also stand out.  They are gritty and very active.  The DB’s pressed Cuero and dared them to throw it over the top, and Cuero had success.  Carthage will also if the scheme the same.  But it could be another week of tough sledding on the ground unless Carthage can have early success over the top.  Carthage OL will need to be able to get to LB’s before they get to the holes.  Oh and their kicker has a big leg, equal to Carthage kicker.  He missed a FG before half that had the distance from 45+ but he hooked it left.  

No score predictions yet, but I’d caution the Carthage fans not to predict any 56-7 type games.  This one is likely to be similar to last night if Carthage is still banged up and doesn’t execute.  Wimbo will have similar success running the ball like GR, and Carthage will have similar success through the air.

37 minutes ago, CDAWG68 said:

I watched the Cuero/Wimberley game. I feel like Carthage can win by 14. It will be a tough physical game, but we should be fine. Wimberley might fair well against the run, but our passing game should work out in our favor. Go Dawgs!!

Cuff will be able to show off his arm on the deep balls.  Hopefully he can connect on a few.

I look for Wimberley to try to make Carthage drive it down the field by playing their DBs back off the ball.  
And if they do, look for a bunch of slants, out routes, and a special short pass that Little B teaches his WRs that has not been used but just a few times this year. 

2 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

I look for Wimberley to try to make Carthage drive it down the field by playing their DBs back off the ball.  
And if they do, look for a bunch of slants, out routes, and a special short pass that Little B teaches his WRs that has not been used but just a few times this year. 

Agree.  Speaking of “special” plays, I can only remember seeing the one all season and it was last week in Q3 - the QB throwback that was called back for the blindside block.  There should be plenty of those left in the playbook if needed.

20 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Agree.  Speaking of “special” plays, I can only remember seeing the one all season and it was last week in Q3 - the QB throwback that was called back for the blindside block.  There should be plenty of those left in the playbook if needed.

Surratt was so upset with Manning after getting that call.

Had we not earned that infraction the entire complexion of the game is different, 35-14 in the 3rd quarter and all of the momentum on our side.

Hopefully we’re 100% healthy, we need Hatten and Bell back in the worst way, and others.

26 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Had we not earned that infraction the entire complexion of the game is different, 35-14 in the 3rd quarter and all of the momentum on our side.

Hopefully we’re 100% healthy, we need Hatten and Bell back in the worst way, and others.

Plus we need that 320 lb guard big time, his is a good O lineman. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Plus we need that 320 lb guard big time, his is a good O lineman. 

#73, Johnny Lewis, also started last year as a sophomore.

Watching him on the sidelines Friday night, I would guess he is doubtful for this week…but I’m no expert in this area.

Edited by BevBrownJr

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

That is not the first time that “special play” has gone for a TD in a big game but called back for a penalty.

I thought Glen Rose was very effective and played a great game against Carthage.....perhaps exposing some weaknesses that Wimberley might be able to gameplan for.  Whether that happens or not......Wimberley was able to defeat a very talented Cuero team with some good ol' fashioned straight-up football.  That impressed me too.  I look for a very competitive game that could go either way.  For Wimberley.....I don't think they will be shell-shocked by Carthage.  They should be up for the task.  Let's all hope for a very good game.  It's very tough to win a State Championship at any level.....Texas High School football is just so very competitive at the top of each classification.  Anything can happen in a game where the season is on the line......we've already witnessed that in so many games already just in the past few weeks.  In this game......more is on the line than just the season.

Edited by regaleagle
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I thought Glen Rose was very effective and played a great game against Carthage.....perhaps exposing some weaknesses that Wimberley might be able to gameplan for.  Whether that happens or not......Wimberley was able to defeat a very talented Cuero team with some good ol' fashioned straight-up football.  That impressed me too.  I look for a very competitive game that could go either way.  For Wimberley.....I don't think they will be shell-shocked by Carthage.  They should be up for the task.  Let's all hope for a very good game.  It's very tough to win a State Championship at any level.....Texas High School football is just so very competitive at the top of each classification.  Anything can happen in a game where the season is on the line......we've already witnessed that in so many games already just in the past few weeks.  In this game......more is on the line than just the season.

If we are healthy I am very confident the Dawgs will win by 14 to 21. 
If we are missing 3 or 4 like last week going to be a close ball game. 

5 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

#Sportsmanship

Dawgs player consoling GR kickoff returner after the Dawgs game winning TD.

Us Dawgs know what it feels like to lose too...

0F9A98D9-1D07-4847-AD72-C2EC82BF9403.jpeg

Yea. As usual that Sirius clown was wrong with virtually every word that comes out of his mouth/every word that he types. 

I saw several players on the video broadcast consoling GR players and shaking hands, giving hugs, etc. 

Also, 13 GR QB seemed to be very cool on the losing end as well. He was walking up to Carthage players shaking hands and congratulating immediately, instead of breaking down on the field (which I wouldn’t even be mad at because it’s very painful to lose that close a game and in the semifinal no less). 

• Like 3

• Crawford changed the title to 🏆4A Div II UIL State Championship Carthage 42 Wimberley 0 Final🏆