Crawford

State Championship  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Wimberley Texans
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, bansheefan03 said:

I done told you the game plan and also coach sent us home with homework on what we think they should do said internet was down at school so could not access smoaky to help them put together a game plan

Go to the field house early tomorrow morning and tell him to not let Wimberley score and for Carthage to score a lot……..best game plan ever.Β 

4 hours ago, house said:

Living too far in the past to think Carthage couldn’t defend LH gimmicky offense. Β Please accept my condolences for LH’s recent failure. Β 

Carthage couldn't and didn't defend.Β  They weren't defeated by a gimmick.Β  It was by a better team.Β  But nice try on that trite argument.

Β 

• Roll Eyes 1

9 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

Carthage couldn't and didn't defend.Β  They weren't defeated by a gimmick.Β  It was by a better team.Β  But nice try on that trite argument.

Β 

If you want to admit it or not it is a gimmick offense designed to help level the playing field against better more athletic teams that wins them alot of games but rarely the big oneΒ 

11 minutes ago, bansheefan03 said:

If you want to admit it or not it is a gimmick offense designed to help level the playing field against better more athletic teams that wins them alot of games but rarely the big oneΒ 

That could be said about any offense to be honest, slot with huge line and big backs levels the playing field if they are huge bruises and big backs behind them..heck the spread was invented to get smaller teams with speed into space to get yards πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ..

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

That could be said about any offense to be honest, slot with huge line and big backs levels the playing field if they are huge bruises and big backs behind them..heck the spread was invented to get smaller teams with speed into space to get yards πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ..

We’ll I guess Carthage is fortunate that Wimberley doesn’t run the Slot T. But the Texans do bring the same physical smash mouth football mentality with Ball. Β Carthage D will need to show the state that last week was an anomaly caused by a really good Sr OL from GR, and not a weakness that can be exploited.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bansheefan03 said:

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

He’s already admitted that about a month ago in another thread.Β 

Don't recall admitting that.Β  I'd be interested to see that quote.Β  Might have a revisionist on our hands in @HearEmaGrowlinΒ πŸ€₯ ?Β  Regardless, gimmick or not as @bansheefan03Β prefers to label, surely the great Surratt and 8-time champs could overcome a "gimmick offense."Β  Surely they couldn't fail the test twice against a "gimmick offense."Β 

How could that compete with what Carthage puts on the field.πŸ€ͺ

Edited by Everide2016

10 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Don't recall admitting that.Β  I'd be interested to see that quote.Β  Might have a revisionist on our hands in @HearEmaGrowlinΒ πŸ€₯ ?Β  Regardless, gimmick or not as @bansheefan03Β prefers to label, surely the great Surratt and 8-time champs could overcome a "gimmick offense."Β  Surely they couldn't fail the test twice against a "gimmick offense."Β 

How could that compete with what Carthage puts on the field.πŸ€ͺ

I'm not interested in the gimmick offense argument, personally.Β  Gimmick or not, it is what it is.Β  If it's within the rules, you got to defend it.Β  What is rich to me is you acting like LH "owns" Carthage. LH played Carthage in Surratt's very first year at Carthage and every players' very first year in the system and program, and LH wins the title that year. Carthage would win 3 straight championships following that season while LH would lose to Celina, not even make the playoffs and then lose in the very 1st round.Β 

The second meeting for Carthage and LH... a 3 point win for LH.Β  A highly competitive game. Nobody owned anyone here.Β 

Many years in between those two meetings Carthage was busy winning championships while LH couldn't do well enough to get to play on the same stage as Carthage.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

Sound sensible, mostly. Didn’t understand the part about Wimberly having a much better passing game though. Lol

I may not have official stats, but should be close enough to prove the point that dude has no idea.

Cuff - 204/332 for 3,702 yards 48 TD’s & 4 INT’s

Stoever - 164/253 for 2,330 yards 31 TD’s & 7 INT’s

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I may not have official stats, but should be close enough to prove the point that dude has no idea.

I feel like this has happened a few times over the years.Β  Other teams fans, but also sometimes THSFB talking heads who don't truly know enough about Carthage and they are under the impression or talk like Carthage is a team that primarily just runs the ball.Β Β 

1 minute ago, mikehoncho said:

I feel like this has happened a few times over the years.Β  Other teams fans, but also sometimes THSFB talking heads who don't truly know enough about Carthage and they are under the impression or talk like Carthage is a team that primarily just runs the ball.Β Β 

It kind of happened last week with the Dawgs fans too thinking GR QB was a gunslinger. Β After a little investigation, the numbers suggested he was more of a running threat and used the pass to move the chains or to take a shot over the top to keep the defense honest. Β Wimberley is more balanced than GR, but still lean on the run when the chips are on the table.

• Like 1

Just now, PantherNation2015 said:

It kind of happened last week with the Dawgs fans too thinking GR QB was a gunslinger. Β After a little investigation, the numbers suggested he was more of a running threat and used the pass to move the chains or to take a shot over the top to keep the defense honest. Β Wimberley is more balanced than GR, but still lean on the run when the chips are on the table.

Yea they definitely were not a passing offense, but he sure could throw it really well.Β πŸ˜“

28 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Larry has Cuff at 4603 yards and 49 TD passes with 4 INT’S

9 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Yea they definitely were not a passing offense, but he sure could throw it really well.Β πŸ˜“

Well #2 is a younger version of #13 from GR running the ball, has a solid arm and more opportunities to throw it, better WR’s & TE to throw it to, better RB to compliment him, but not as good OL blocking. Β Does that make you feel more or less confident?

Just now, PantherNation2015 said:

Well #2 is a younger version of #13 from GR running the ball, has a solid arm and more opportunities to throw it, better WR’s & TE to throw it to, better RB to compliment him, but not as good OL blocking. Β Does that make you feel more or less confident?

Nothing affects my confidence in a Scott Surratt coached team in the state championship game. Lol

• Crawford changed the title to πŸ†4A Div II UIL State Championship Carthage 42 Wimberley 0 FinalπŸ†