Crawford

State Championship  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Wimberley Texans
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

11 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

There is always a chance.Β  But I would never in my life bet against Scott Surratt Bulldogs in the state title game.Β Β 

Carthage will neutralize the Texans offense. I believe a big win is definitely viable. Safe bet Dawgs by 21+.Β 

Deja vu. Β I too want to go with the 'ol "Dawgs by 3 TD's" pick but I'm a bit gun shy after this past friday night. Β The turnovers were certainly harmful but what was most troubling was the Dawgs inability to make tackles consistently. Β Just have to tip my hat to the GR ball carriers and their blockers I suppose. Β Just. Β Win. Β We might prevail by a comfortable margin but if not, Β 1 point will work just fine to make this another Merry Christmas for DAWG NATION.

Β πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†

:trophy:

Edited by DAWG91

7 hours ago, BevBrownJr said:

Of the 20 Texas high school football teams playing for state championships in 11-man football this week, only 2A Mart (57.0) has averaged scoring more points per game than Carthage (48.3).

Let’s hope Carthage fares better than Mart did. Β Albany opened up a can on those Mart boys.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, house said:

Did Mart kick off both halves? Β Β 

Yes. Β Lots of commentary around this. I can say that’s the first time I have ever seen it happen. Β Honestly surprised the official didn’t say β€œSon are you sure that’s what you want to do? Β Albany just won the toss and deferred to the second half. Β That Β means you can receive the 1st half kick-off if you want.”

16 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Yes. Β Lots of commentary around this. I can say that’s the first time I have ever seen it happen. Β Honestly surprised the official didn’t say β€œSon are you sure that’s what you want to do? Β Albany just won the toss and deferred to the second half. Β That Β means you can receive the 1st half kick-off if you want.”

They really don’t need to give them the choice and just force the team to take the ball so this doesn’t happen.

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Albany won and deferred, Mart elected to kick and play defense. I have heard the R asked the Mart captain 3 times and he was adamant.

1 minute ago, Olduy said:

Albany won and deferred, Mart elected to kick and play defense. I have heard the R asked the Mart captain 3 times and he was adamant.

Well good glad the R did that. Β I was stuffing my face at that point and missed the coin toss. Β That Mart captain was so juiced he only heard the last thing coach told him. Β He didn’t catch the other 4 things prior to that. Β πŸ˜‚

24 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Well good glad the R did that. Β I was stuffing my face at that point and missed the coin toss. Β That Mart captain was so juiced he only heard the last thing coach told him. Β He didn’t catch the other 4 things prior to that. Β πŸ˜‚

Maybe coaches should include in the group that goes to midfield for the coin toss the senior team member who ranks highest academically in the class. Designate him as the spokesman for the group.

• Like 1

I guess it’s time to put out a score prediction. Β I’m going with Carthage 45-28. Β I think the Texans will have some success with the power run game, but they will have some untimely turnovers that will be to their demise. Β I can see a 7-10 point game at the half, but overall Carthage plays a much cleaner game than last week and wins #9.

• Like 3

Just now, PantherNation2015 said:

I guess it’s time to put out a score prediction. Β I’m going with Carthage 45-28. Β I think the Texans will have some success with the power run game, but they will have some untimely turnovers that will be to their demise. Β I can see a 7-10 point game at the half, but overall Carthage plays a much cleaner game than last week and wins #9.

I would be totally happy with it going just like that.Β  Though after last week's nail biter, I would prefer a shellacking.Β  I don't see it happening though.Β  Wimberly is good and deserves to be here.Β Β 

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Ok. Β I get where you’re coming from, be smart enough to understand the options and be able to answer appropriately so as to best benefit your team.

Exactly. It's part of the game, no different than scouting, practicing, preparing leading up to the game. The coin toss is something that no one thinks about until a mistake is made...and you never know, had Mart gotten the ball first, or at least gotten it first in one of the halves it could have changed momentum...not likely but you never know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I have learned my lesson but I can guarantee there will be no arm tackling on number 25. The Dawg linebackers are going to bring the heat.Β 

3 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Ok. Β I get where you’re coming from, be smart enough to understand the options and be able to answer appropriately so as to best benefit your team.

Technically I saw Carthage not punt from their end zone from time to time. Heck against Wyle @ state . Guess he is doing it right lol.

Edited by Mojo1000
  • Like 1

All defensive guys for Carthage are supposed to be ready to go tomorrow. Β I don’t see Wimberley lining up and power running at Carthage successfully. Β I do see them getting some good yardage off and on from the QB reading and keeping or handing off, depending on the defense, and a few passing plays. If the turnover battle is even, Carthage 42 -21.Β 

• Like 4

• Crawford changed the title to πŸ†4A Div II UIL State Championship Carthage 42 Wimberley 0 FinalπŸ†