90 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Wimberley Texans
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

19 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

I didn’t look it up but has Carthage always dominated at State.Β 
Β 

8-0 . I remembered how Wylie was kinda closer than I thought. Kennedale was a blowout.

We lost in 1991.

2008 against Celina was a good contest.

2009 against Graham was really close.

2016 we pulled away from Abilene Wylie in the second half.

2017, 2019 & 2020 we put on strong performances.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TxBroadcaster said:

Yall asked it carthage ever had a close game at state 2009 againstΒ  Graham was 12-13 or 13-14 can't remember but Graham scored late in the game and tried to go for 2 and win and was stopped

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

Celina was a Texas stadium and first one so gotta be the most special . Then again 2016 was a underdog ( no pun intended) year.

Very cold in Texas stadium. Β Last high school game there if that was the year. Β 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

It was the last high school game. I think the Cowboys played one after.

Oh ok. I couldn't remember if that Cowboy game was the Sunday before or after the Carthage/Celina championship game.Β 

Just now, dfwfootballfan said:

I can already tell this thread is going to be one to watch today...probably going to be more chippy than the game itself! Let's keep the unsportsmanlike penalties to a minimumπŸ˜†.

You are right about that. Some people can’t help but hate. Sad thing is it won’t even be Wimberly fans doing it. It will be haters from other communities whose teams are not at ATT this week.Β 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

I can already tell this thread is going to be one to watch today...probably going to be more chippy than the game itself! Let's keep the unsportsmanlike penalties to a minimumπŸ˜†.

Manor New Tech, Austin Achieve & Young Men’s Leadership Academy of San Antonio fans will be coming in hot for Wimberley shortly!

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, bansheefan03 said:

Yall asked it carthage ever had a close game at state 2009 againstΒ  Graham was 12-13 or 13-14 can't remember but Graham scored late in the game and tried to go for 2 and win and was stopped

My heart was stopped at the same time!

15 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

Sitting next to some Wimberley fans before the Franklin game. They say word around town is most don’t think they have much a chance against Carthage because they (Wimberley) don’t Β run a gimmick offense.Β 

Just curious if folks think the Slot T is a gimmicky offense like they think the Wing T is a gimmicky offense. I remember a few years ago folks on here were pretty outspoken about LH and a lot of opinions were anti wing-t and basically discounting their success because of the gimmick...especially when they were playing Gilmer and Carthage late in the playoffs or title games.Β  I think there are more teams now running the slot t vs the wing t.

8 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Just curious if folks think the Slot T is a gimmicky offense like they think the Wing T is a gimmicky offense. I remember a few years ago folks on here were pretty outspoken about LH and a lot of opinions were anti wing-t and basically discounting their success because of the gimmick...especially when they were playing Gilmer and Carthage late in the playoffs or title games.Β  I think there are more teams now running the slot t vs the wing t.

I think all good offenses are gimmicky. Hard to line up and be predictable and just hope strength and talent are gonna beat defenses. All good offenses use misdirection.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

I don't like to discount success.Β  It is what it is.Β  While I don't enjoy watching it and it doesn't excite me, if it works for your team and program, more power to you.Β Β 

• Crawford changed the title to πŸ†4A Div II UIL State Championship Carthage 42 Wimberley 0 FinalπŸ†