πŸ†4A Div II UIL State Championship Carthage 42 Wimberley 0 FinalπŸ†

Crawford

State Championship  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Wimberley Texans
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

Looking at the Carthage team, I see a lot of familiar last names. Β Ingram, Pipkins, etc. One thing I love about small town schools. Lots of brothers, cousins, and 2nd generation kids all play through the years. Think of all the Mims in Daingerfield, or Fluellens in Gilmer. There seems to be at least one on the team every year.Β 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

The Dawgs could compete in 5A DII, they did beat Crosby the same year they played for a state championship. Someone correct me if I am wrong.Β 
Paddy ran a kick off back for the winning TD.Β 

I don’t doubt that you wouldn’t compete. I could go far to say win District. Elite teams in 5a playoffs .

8 hours ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Looking at the Carthage team, I see a lot of familiar last names. Β Ingram, Pipkins, etc. One thing I love about small town schools. Lots of brothers, cousins, and 2nd generation kids all play through the years. Think of all the Mims in Daingerfield, or Fluellens in Gilmer. There seems to be at least one on the team every year.Β 

Just coincidence. All our kids moved in from other districts because we are rich!!!

• LOL! 1

So I went out to North Zulch to do some hunting with a buddy that was watching a neighbors high fences while he was gone. We ran into a boy from Wimberley at Bucee's on the way out and he says the Texans wants a rematch with Carthage any time they wants to. Anybody know if that's true or was he fullo-it?

• LOL! 2

32 minutes ago, Doomer said:

So I went out to North Zulch to do some hunting with a buddy that was watching a neighbors high fences while he was gone. We ran into a boy from Wimberley at Bucee's on the way out and he says the Texans wants a rematch with Carthage any time they wants to. Anybody know if that's true or was he fullo-it?

No they don’t, it might be worse, a lot worse. The speed difference was insane.Β 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Doomer said:

πŸ™‚

They gonna have to catch us next season sometime deep in the playoffs if we can manage to get there.

That wasn’t just smoke, we’ll be replacing a TON of talent on both sides of the ball, especially offense.

Defense will still be awesome, but is going to lose a few key players.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Doomer said:

Carthage and Wimberley both would love to play each other in football in 2023 - would mean both made it to the finals again.Β 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1