Crawford

State Championship  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Wimberley Texans
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

The seasoned defenses are good at grabbing for and stripping the football.....that's why we are seeing this at this level.

And it's not like that receiver wasn't holding on for dear life...I think with a cleaner catch he secures properly and might hang on to it...might...he let the defender get his hand between his body and the ball, and that defender was obviously sotronger than the receiver...

Edited by dfwfootballfan

3 minutes ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Carthage, PG, Gilmer, Longview… winning programs are going to attract parents and kids. Nice facilities do as well. Β These schools don’t β€œrecruit.” Β They create a winning culture that attracts kids. Β 
Β 

This is nothing new. Β I remember a kid at Pine Tree 30 years ago who moved to Longview to play baseball. Thought it would give him a better chance at a scholarship.Β 
Β 

Some folks are always going to be upset with programs like Aledo & Carthage. But most fans would sell a kidney to have the same type of success, culture, & tradition at their own school.Β 

I'll keep my kidneys thanks!πŸ˜…

Looking at Wimberley's road to this game......they really never faced a team with a prolific passing attack and really good throwing QB.Β  That's showing itself bigtime right now.Β  Even Cuero's QB mainly ran the read option and some of his throws were good......but not what I would categorize as even a "good" throwing QB.

Just now, regaleagle said:

Looking at Wimberley's road to this game......they really never faced a team with a prolific passing attack and really good throwing QB.Β  That's showing itself bigtime right now.Β  Even Cuero's QB mainly ran the read option and some of his throws were good......but not what I would categorize as even a "good" throwing QB.

But he was also a soph......he will be good maybe as soon as next season.

Just now, Mojo1000 said:

Why does Carthage spell dogs on their jerseys? I thought Dawgs were the official name.

I dont think Dawgs is official.Β  Lots of people like to use it that way apparently and even the Bulldawg Stop here in town uses it like that as their name, but I think the traditional spelling is official.Β Β 

1 minute ago, mikehoncho said:

I dont think Dawgs is official.Β  Lots of people like to use it that way apparently and even the Bulldawg Stop here in town uses it like that as their name, but I think the traditional spelling is official.Β Β 

Oh ok thought was strange site in person.

• Crawford changed the title to πŸ†4A Div II UIL State Championship Carthage 42 Wimberley 0 FinalπŸ†