Crawford

State Championship  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Wimberley Texans
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

The Wimberley coaching staff should have seen this coming and better prepared their secondary for this.Β  You can't really blame the Wimberley players for poor play back there......it's obvious to me they were not properly prepared and coached up for what to expect.Β  They are simply not in position at all.

Reagle the coaching staff had to make a decision on scheme. Β If you listen to the Texan Coach interviews prior to game, he was dead set that Carthage wanted to establish the run early and often. Β So they decided to stop the run early and did an ok job of it. Β Only problem is Carthage is too balanced. Β So Surratt is playing chess and the Texan coaches are playing checkers. Β Now the game is out of hand.

Just now, Crawford said:

Was Glen Rose that good last week or did Carthage just play that bad or a little bit of both? I didn't get to watch much of it.

Carthage turned the ball over 4 times.Β  GR turned it over twice.Β  Carthage had a long TD called back.Β  But GR was good and played like a team that wanted it.Β  So I think a bit of both.Β 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

The Wimberley coaching staff should have seen this coming and better prepared their secondary for this.Β  You can't really blame the Wimberley players for poor play back there......it's obvious to me they were not properly prepared and coached up for what to expect.Β  They are simply not in position at all.

Their secondary is to slow. If they play to loose then they just throw the short pass. Carthage has way to many weapons for Wimberly.Β 

• Like 1

Just now, chevyman said:

Not too soon to talk about the prospects of #10 i suppose?

Β 

Just now, PantherNation2015 said:

Going to see a crazy run coming. Β Or maybe a continuation of a crazy run.

So many sophomores and Juniors starting on this team.Β  They will lose a few key contributors like Cuff, Paddie and Hatten on offense and Harper, Cabada, Bell and a few others on defense... but..

So many Juniors, sophomores and Freshmen that have gotten playing time and contributed to this run as well.Β  All of the RBs return. Young Surratt will step in at QB... There is a chance this is the start of another run, but all it takes is one game each year to end that.Β  Can't count em before they hatch for sure

22 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

Question i only watched a little on nfhs.. was last week vs GR the state championship game ?

Gilmer would have gave G R all they wanted and maybe won……..That Gilmer nose guard is special and would have stopped a bunch that Carthage didn’tΒ 

That being said, Carthage’s big boys on defense are just sophomores, so by next year they will be right their with the Gilmer nose.Β 

6 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Β 

So many sophomores and Juniors starting on this team.Β  They will lose a few key contributors like Cuff, Paddie and Hatten on offense and Harper, Cabada, Bell and a few others on defense... but..

So many Juniors, sophomores and Freshmen that have gotten playing time and contributed to this run as well.Β  All of the RBs return. Young Surratt will step in at QB... There is a chance this is the start of another run, but all it takes is one game each year to end that.Β  Can't count em before they hatch for sure

Not to mention the big soph(2023) lineman that will start that is moving into the district this spring and the 4.35 WR/DB that will be a Junior that is also moving into the district. Plus all the others that decide later. Β 

• LOL! 1

• Crawford changed the title to πŸ†4A Div II UIL State Championship Carthage 42 Wimberley 0 FinalπŸ†