Crawford

State Championship  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Wimberley Texans
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Mojo1000 said:

Anyone concerned about the Texans. I know they’re 15-0 but this would be a huge epic upset by beating the dawgs. Carthage is just too well coached .

I think if both teams play a clean game on offense, Carthage defense gets more stops and Carthage wins. I think last week shows that if Carthage turns the ball over, then they are absolutely beatable. And Wimberly would be good enough to capitalize if given those opportunities. Β 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikehoncho said:

I think if both teams play a clean game on offense, Carthage defense gets more stops and Carthage wins. I think last week shows that if Carthage turns the ball over, then they are absolutely beatable. And Wimberly would be good enough to capitalize if given those opportunities. Β 

You think Cc tones it down a notch and thinks the Texans are worthy ?

2 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

Anyone concerned about the Texans. I know they’re 15-0 but this would be a huge epic upset by beating the dawgs. Carthage is just too well coached .

I'm always concerned about the upcoming opponent.

I expect the Dawgs to perform.Β  Surratt always has them ready for this game when they make it here.Β Β 

Carthage needs to be clean and show they can stop the power running game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Proud of our kids. I know this was tough for the kids from GR. Experienced it with my cousin in 2015, and it wasn't even a close game. Glad we've got some young men who are learning to win graciously.

B46E031D-8D7D-4372-9715-FF23263EB808.jpeg

8284B9CA-5E8E-400F-9F4E-BDC6ED2A8546.jpeg

A3C6B9DC-DBF5-4D67-8F6B-AEC97AA6F134.jpeg

This should also be posted on the Carthage-Glen Rose thread.

22 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

This should also be posted on the Carthage-Glen Rose thread.

Β 

15 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I think it is.Β 

Nope.Β  He's right.Β  I clicked on the wrong thread.Β  I copied it to that thread.Β  Sorry Bev!

3 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

LH knows more about how not to make it far enough to play Carthage than they do about playing and beating CarthageΒ 

Considering LH won both times, it would appear they know plenty about both.Β  I can still remember the looks on the faces of the Carthage fans and some of the whacky post-game posts.

9 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

If Wimberley coach was smart, he'd be consulting the Liberty Hill coaching staff.Β Β 

I don’t think Wimbo is gonna change to the slot T in a week. Β But they will take some notes from the GR game and try to replicate the Tigers success on the ground since they are the only ones that have all year. Β I suspect Wimbo will look to have long sustained drives and use the pass as needed to move the chains. Β They may go hurry up if they believe the Dawg D is getting winded. Β The Texans are looking to keep the Dawgs below 40, match them score for score, and play opportunistic defense.

27 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Considering LH won both times, it would appear they know plenty about both.Β  I can still remember the looks on the faces of the Carthage fans and some of the whacky post-game posts.

No, statistically and factually they have lost more times in the playoffs where they could have eventually played Carthage than they have beaten Carthage. One of those things is more than the other.Β 
Β 

8 rings and counting.Β 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikehoncho said:

No, statistically and factually they have lost more times in the playoffs where they could have eventually played Carthage than they have beaten Carthage. One of those things is more than the other.Β 
Β 

8 rings and counting.Β 

I bet after the loss to PNG the LH coach told his team it was ok because they beat Carthage twice...

• Like 1
  • LOL! 3

52 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Living too far in the past to think Carthage couldn’t defend LH gimmicky offense. Β Please accept my condolences for LH’s recent failure. Β 

• Crawford changed the title to πŸ†4A Div II UIL State Championship Carthage 42 Wimberley 0 FinalπŸ†