This was ruled a TD in the Georgia State Championship game

Sportsfanatic1

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

White team got hosed .....

Yup got hosed. And I ain't talking about smooth hosed or garden hosed. They got the full on 5" firehosed. And not out in the middle of the hose either they got hosed at the metal coupler end of the hose. Tru-up hosed

• LOL! 6

3 minutes ago, HGWar6 said:

I don't have any words for that - civil or otherwise.  Worst call I've ever seen in any sport at any level.

There was one at least that bad called against Waskom back in the early 90s in a Regional final game against Pewitt ... Waskom receiver cleanly caught a TD pass in the back of the endzone, both knees down a full yard in bounds .... clear video of the play shows it .... official trailing the play by 15 yards calls him out of the back of the end zone ....

• SMH 1

38 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

There was one at least that bad called against Waskom back in the early 90s in a Regional final game against Pewitt ... Waskom receiver cleanly caught a TD pass in the back of the endzone, both knees down a full yard in bounds .... clear video of the play shows it .... official trailing the play by 15 yards calls him out of the back of the end zone ....

Ouch!  Was that near the end of game? At what point in the game did it happen?

1 minute ago, EazyMoney said:

Well, the guy with the ball didn’t score.  Ref must have been watching one of the blocking backs.  QB was clearly 3 feet short. Refs buddy’s should have overruled him on an obvious miss.  

This would be my bet.  I had to watch it a few times before I realized that the only guy who didn’t get into the end zone was the ball carrier.

4 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

And Mike Renfro caught that ball for the Oilers in the ‘79 AFC Championship.  Some things we’ll never forget.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I remember it well, on a side note Waskom had a chance to tackle the QB on a two point conversation and let him get away that was what cost us the ballgame and 20 years of not making the playoffs again...lol

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wild74 said:

I remember it well, on a side note Waskom had a chance to tackle the QB on a two point conversation and let him get away that was what cost us the ballgame and 20 years of not making the playoffs again...lol

Yea, they had him bottled up on the sideline and let him reverse his field and ran all the way across the field and made it to the goal line.  If you look at the statistics for that game, you would have thought Waskom won in a blow out. Strange game for sure, but that bad call on the TD pass was a killer ...

• Like 1

wow. With todays tech GA needs to play the games at the dome and have replay available just for this game. LA plays in Superdome, TX in Jerry world, I saw a Min state game in US Bank so not sure if all are played there.  But  GA needs to get on track. Anyone know if any other state plays one site locations?