AT&T State Championships

Ronster23

7 hours ago, Ronster23 said:

Looking forward to getting back to AT&T for the UIL state football championships. My oldest grandson and I stared a tradition in 2010 and look to keep it going for as long as we can. 

Great venue to hold these games.

AT&T Stadium-standard.jpg

My oldest grandsons are 2 year old twins. All I’d be doing is a diaper derby. They will get older though and we can start making traditions. That’s awesome for you and your grandson. Y’all have fun!  Go Gunter!!!  (Had to sneak that in there )

• Like 2

On 12/11/2022 at 6:57 PM, blackngoldtiger said:

The band and drill team took a couple of sections by themselves. Lol

Both my grandsons are on the drumline at Port Neches-Groves. One's a senior and the other one is a freshman. We are bringing a crowd from NE Texas to see this game and of course to support my grandsons. Should be a great game and a wonderful experience for all. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Both my grandsons are on the drumline at Port Neches-Groves. One's a senior and the other one is a freshman. We are bringing a crowd from NE Texas to see this game and of course to support my grandsons. Should be a great game and a wonderful experience for all. 

The PNG band is AWESOME. During the game, during halftime.... They put on quite a show. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

The PNG band is AWESOME. During the game, during halftime.... They put on quite a show. 

They are really good and play nonstop throughout the game. Every 1st down. It's been an amazing experience for me this year going to their games. My oldest grandson plays tenor drums during marching season and has had the honor all year of leading the drumline and the football players under the stands and onto the field.  My youngest plays bass drum during marching season. I'm very proud of them both. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

Awesome stuff. Enjoy it! Read some fun comments from last weeks game from the other team they played. Gotta love a town that supports a team like that. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, blackngoldtiger said:

Been kinda boring this year. Think I fell asleep in my seat during the gunter/poth game. Lol

Yes after the snooze fest of the first 5 games we finally got a good game in the thursday night cap!

Franklin!!!!

I hope friday is just as good as thursday night was!

• Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 6:29 PM, BlackShirtD said:

PNG has a great following.  They filled up half of the Astrodome when they got beat by Stephenville and the Briles bunch in 99.  It was a sea of purple!

Unless it’s raining. They talked a good game in 2004 when we played them at SFA. Only a few hundred compared to us filling up the away side