AT&T State Championships

Ronster23

DFW > Houston in every way as far as individual every day living.

Houston, even the good suburban areas like The Woodlands aggravate me, and the city has so many dirty areas, I just highly dislike it. 

Dallas-Fort Worth has some run down areas, no doubt, but many very desirable surrounding smaller cities within the Metroplex, it’s just better, in my opinion.

We lived in DFW for about 17 years and I also have customers in the Houston area I have to go visit.

Spent plenty of time in and around Houston, and I am just not a fan, I think it’s gross, while it is still a key city for our country. 
I’m very glad we’ve not had to watch the Bulldogs play state championship games down there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bansheefan03 said:

It's only 12 miles different so depending where they live in carthage isd Houston could be closer

Yep, from "Carthage" to AT&T is closer than "Carthage" to NRG. The further south you drive from Carthage, the closer you get to NRG.

This principal applies in many logistical scenarios. As you move in a particular direction, you get closer to one place and farther from another.  

Edited by 89Falcon

52 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

They’ll never rotate unless they absolutely have to. NRG is in a bad spot. The dome in San Antonio is a dump. It’s 2022….. sawfties don’t wanna play or sit in weather for a game. 

That’s right, some of us have family members who would want to, but couldn’t attend if it were outdoors in mid-December.

And with the most important games of the year being climate controlled it gives no one an advantage or disadvantage.

When did they go to the current format of all games at AT&T?  I know Carthage played there in 2010, but I don't think they were all there at that time.

I know in 2009 they played at SMU and that was a cold weather game.  I thought it was fun, but it was a low scoring defensive game.  

I think the threat of severe weather is more of an issue than the cold.  As someone stated earlier, you let a thunderstorm roll through when you are supposed to play 3 games in a day and start delaying things and games may never get finished.  I think if you go back to an outdoor venue, you probably couldn't have all the games  at one location again.

1 minute ago, MattStepp said:

2010 3A-5A was at AT&T

1A and 2A was at Newsom Stadium in Mansfield 

Six man was in Abilene 

2011 started 1A-5A at AT&T Stadium

In 2013 sixman moved to AT&T Stadium 

You heard anything about doing anything different than what they are doing currently?  Is it even a topic of discussion anywhere besides message boards to have the games anywhere else?

Are any other coaches you talk to complaining about "home field advantage" for the DFW schools?

I think one good rule the UIL could put in place is there can be no playoffs games played at the state championship venue before the finals.........would cut the home field advantage down slighly..............I am pretty sure there were no games at Jerry World in the last couple of weeks before the finals this year, not sure about early in the playoffs this year --- so maybe, that rule is already in place.

Posted this on the SETX forum.

Are there any stats that show a home field advantage for the DFW teams or are we just making that up because we don't want to drive to Arlington? I know some losing coaches have brought it up, but does anyone have any data that shows an advantage?  Also, how close does a team have to be to Arlington to get the advantage?  I know Carthage played Kennedale a few years back and they could almost walk to the stadium.  Do the Dallas area teams stay and home the night before and get up and go to the game?  Wouldn't it be better to have your team in a hotel the night before so you can set curfew and make sure kids aren't out doing kid things?

With TV broadcasts, the games will stay at one location.  And with them playing all games at one location, they have to be indoors to avoid weather delays screwing up the whole schedule.  Sounds like NRG and the Alamo dome have to make changes to be considered.  Also heard NRG kinda blew their shot in 2015 by gouging the UIL.  I don't know that for a fact.

10 hours ago, JBizzle said:

You heard anything about doing anything different than what they are doing currently?  Is it even a topic of discussion anywhere besides message boards to have the games anywhere else?

Are any other coaches you talk to complaining about "home field advantage" for the DFW schools?

There is no talk of rotation or moving the title games other than message boards and Twitter 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cotton84 said:

I think one good rule the UIL could put in place is there can be no playoffs games played at the state championship venue before the finals.........would cut the home field advantage down slighly..............I am pretty sure there were no games at Jerry World in the last couple of weeks before the finals this year, not sure about early in the playoffs this year --- so maybe, that rule is already in place.

There's been no playoff games at AT&T other than the state games in the past 3 years 

• Like 2

On 12/27/2022 at 6:33 AM, Allheartnoquit said:

Our first butt hurt Htown fan....... like I said only people who are from Houston and live in Houston disagree with me and as everyone has posted but you agree with me.

Why would you feel that I am butt hurt?  I responded with actual facts instead of your childish ramblings.  Again,  people in Houston don't CARE about high school games at NRG.  Dallas can have them forever.  Why can't you figure that out?

• Stinks 1

On 12/27/2022 at 7:43 AM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

DFW > Houston in every way as far as individual every day living.

Houston, even the good suburban areas like The Woodlands aggravate me, and the city has so many dirty areas, I just highly dislike it. 

Dallas-Fort Worth has some run down areas, no doubt, but many very desirable surrounding smaller cities within the Metroplex, it’s just better, in my opinion.

We lived in DFW for about 17 years and I also have customers in the Houston area I have to go visit.

Spent plenty of time in and around Houston, and I am just not a fan, I think it’s gross, while it is still a key city for our country. 
I’m very glad we’ve not had to watch the Bulldogs play state championship games down there.

Your post is actually very biased and silly.  First ,  you lived in Dallas for years so I would think that you would feel that way.  A lot of competition between the two cities.  Your post about the Woodlands is waaaaay off base as these are your personal opinions,  and like your rear end,  everybody has one.  The Woodlands consistently rate as one of or the top suburban communities in the country.  They can't build fast enough for all the people moving in there.  Doubt if the developers care if you like it or not.  I went to college in the DFW area and I can show you some real rundown and trashy areas in the Dallas area.  And very high crime.  The area around the Cotton Bowl is a good place to start.  Guess you didn't get out much in your 17 years there.  If you feel Houston is gross then you are entitled to your opinion,  however,  you are in the minority.  Over a 1,000 people a month are moving here,  and Houston is a much larger city than Dallas is.  Dallas always has to throw in Ft. Worth and every city within 100 miles to be as large as Houston.  Heck,  San Antonio is larger than Dallas.  Yes,  Houston has a lot of issues but that goes with being a very large city.  You mentioned surrounding smaller areas.  I live in Sugarland and it is as nice or nicer than any surrounding community in Dallas.  Not to mention Pearland,  Clear Lake,  Kingwood,  Cypress etc.  That comment does not hold water.  My first post did not make any comparison between the two cities.  Just that Houston does pretty well without having the high school games here,  and if they never come here again,  so be it.  Really doubt if they are much of an economic impact to the DFW area.  However,  not insulting you,  when you mentioned that Houston was gross,  I for the life of me can't figure why anybody would live in Carthage Texas.  I've driven thru there many times and it looks rundown,  depressed,  no good paying jobs except for the good ol boy's club,  a place where all the young people get out of there as soon as they get out of high school.  And probably move to Houston.  Where there is nothing to do but go to the high school games 5 nights a year and then head to Sonic before all the stalls are full for a big night out on the town.  No thanks.  Now that place is gross,  and 99% of the people,  except the ones that live there or were born there as the other idiot stated,  would agree with me.  Thus the population of Carthage is going down every new census.  A slowly decaying corpse of a town going down the tubes and breathing its last gasps of air.

• Stinks 1

On 12/27/2022 at 6:57 PM, Eagleborn said:

They’ll never rotate unless they absolutely have to. NRG is in a bad spot. The dome in San Antonio is a dump. It’s 2022….. sawfties don’t wanna play or sit in weather for a game. 

Please,  give me reasons why NRG is in a bad spot.  Clueless post.

• Crybaby 1
  • Stinks 1

21 minutes ago, Slimbodine said:

Your post is actually very biased and silly.  First ,  you lived in Dallas for years so I would think that you would feel that way.  A lot of competition between the two cities.  Your post about the Woodlands is waaaaay off base as these are your personal opinions,  and like your rear end,  everybody has one.  The Woodlands consistently rate as one of or the top suburban communities in the country.  They can't build fast enough for all the people moving in there.  Doubt if the developers care if you like it or not.  I went to college in the DFW area and I can show you some real rundown and trashy areas in the Dallas area.  And very high crime.  The area around the Cotton Bowl is a good place to start.  Guess you didn't get out much in your 17 years there.  If you feel Houston is gross then you are entitled to your opinion,  however,  you are in the minority.  Over a 1,000 people a month are moving here,  and Houston is a much larger city than Dallas is.  Dallas always has to throw in Ft. Worth and every city within 100 miles to be as large as Houston.  Heck,  San Antonio is larger than Dallas.  Yes,  Houston has a lot of issues but that goes with being a very large city.  You mentioned surrounding smaller areas.  I live in Sugarland and it is as nice or nicer than any surrounding community in Dallas.  Not to mention Pearland,  Clear Lake,  Kingwood,  Cypress etc.  That comment does not hold water.  My first post did not make any comparison between the two cities.  Just that Houston does pretty well without having the high school games here,  and if they never come here again,  so be it.  Really doubt if they are much of an economic impact to the DFW area.  However,  not insulting you,  when you mentioned that Houston was gross,  I for the life of me can't figure why anybody would live in Carthage Texas.  I've driven thru there many times and it looks rundown,  depressed,  no good paying jobs except for the good ol boy's club,  a place where all the young people get out of there as soon as they get out of high school.  And probably move to Houston.  Where there is nothing to do but go to the high school games 5 nights a year and then head to Sonic before all the stalls are full for a big night out on the town.  No thanks.  Now that place is gross,  and 99% of the people,  except the ones that live there or were born there as the other idiot stated,  would agree with me.  Thus the population of Carthage is going down every new census.  A slowly decaying corpse of a town going down the tubes and breathing its last gasps of air.

🤡🤡🤡

34 minutes ago, Slimbodine said:

Carthage is not declining and decaying, we’ve been this same size for 45 years.

I have been in South Dallas plenty. 
Sugarland is no Southlake or Trophy Club or Frisco.

Carthage is a great place to live if you can get past not having a lot of restaurant options.  You’re right, there isn’t a ton for entertainment in Carthage, but it is still a great place to raise your kids. 

F32CC531-81FB-45E0-9C07-B752CBE24178.jpeg

C46630EE-8792-47AA-9D13-078938D91342.jpeg

Edited by HearEmaGrowlin
  • Like 1
  • Stinks 1

52 minutes ago, Slimbodine said:

You are weirdly and oddly defensive of Houston and seem like a miserable dude. I am tempted to earn my next suspension on you. 

• LOL! 1
  • Stinks 1