🏆3A D2 State Championship Game Gunter 42 Poth 7 Final🏆

2Punks

Gunter vs. Poth  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Finals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Crawford changed the title to 🏆3A D2 State Championship Game Gunter 42 Poth 7 Final🏆
7 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Disappointing for the kid individually. My first thought was I hope he’s not Sr…and gets to finish his last game of high school football. They definitely had a great year.

This right here. I know it can open up a can of worms on targeting but some of the calls need to be taken into context at this level.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blueflu said:

i might be biased.  But, it was targeting as the rule  defines it.  In 1980, just a regular play.

It was roughng  the passer but I don't like the targeting rule where a guy gets ejected for something unintentional, thus ending his championship game participation.

6 hours ago, GTAlumnus said:

It was roughng  the passer but I don't like the targeting rule where a guy gets ejected for something unintentional, thus ending his championship game participation.

Agree. it was still early, game within reach. I didn't feel he was trying to hurt the player out of frustration etc, just a good player trying to make a play for his team... these 2 squads were laying the wood the whole game

• Like 1

10 hours ago, blueflu said:

i might be biased.  But, it was targeting as the rule  defines it.  In 1980, just a regular play.

Yeah, the move was targeting and they must enforce the penalty every time or why have the rule. I do think this one was completely unintentional, so very disappointing for that kid. But, not to pile on, wasn’t that his second personal foul? There was a call earlier on GT #7 that was changed to Poth #7 (we didn’t have a 7 on the field) and I think that was a PF. Haven’t watched the game back to be sure though. Either way, tough way to end his season.

9 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Merry Christmas to you as well!  Maybe one of these days my Panthers can run the Pistol Flex as fast and furious as Gunter!

I bet so. Wasn’t too long ago ol Steve Gaddis had some great teams.  Y’all need more jamario thomas type kiddos. Kyle Blevins reminded me of a Gunter tiger.