🏆Finals: South Oak Cliff 34, PNG 24 🏆

RETIREDFAN1

Final   

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

I think PNG has a good chance to win this game......their offense is very balanced and they have proven that their defense can get the job done.  It's gonna be a very physical game, but with PNG's passing game balanced to their run......that takes some of that physicality on the lines away.  SOC's secondary and LBs are very quick to the ball, but that doesn't mean that PNG cannot have some success in their passing game.  It just means to mix it up and take your shots, move those chains, and play containment on defense.  I will be pulling for PNG to show up and play a heckuva State Championship game.  The fans will certainly show up in very large numbers on both sides.....so the atmosphere will be electric.  GO GET EM  PNG.

• Like 3

Let's see....

PNG HC is Jeff Joseph, son of legendary Katy Coach Gary Joseph. PNG AD Todd Dodge is sort of his mentor....

I don't think it's any accident that in year one, he has PNG in the state game for the first time in over 2 decades. Your pops is Gary Joseph, your mentor is Todd Dodge....talk about soaking up knowledge on both sides of the ball.

Also...if Katy and Longview don't wet the bed, talk about massive crowds for state championship weekend.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Grainraiser said:

I wish this was the early game on Saturday. You would then see a massive crowd and likely break the record. PNG will bring everybody but casual fan in DFW has to deal with the traffic and will likely watch the game on TV.

Do they Change the times of the games by year or has it always been the same?

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Let's see....

PNG HC is Jeff Joseph, son of legendary Katy Coach Gary Joseph. PNG AD Todd Dodge is sort of his mentor....

I don't think it's any accident that in year one, he has PNG in the state game for the first time in over 2 decades. Your pops is Gary Joseph, your mentor is Todd Dodge....talk about soaking up knowledge on both sides of the ball.

Also...if Katy and Longview don't wet the bed, talk about massive crowds for state championship weekend.

Todd Dodge isn't the AD, that's Joseph. TD was responsible for them hiring Joseph though. 

Edited by MrBuddyGarrity
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, EazyMoney said:

I believe that PNG will win.  They have already knocked off LBJ and FB Marshall.  They are playing very well right now

both of those teams have some athletes but I just don’t see them being on the same level as Soc defensively …I agree having the right people in place goes along ways tho and that’s no disrespect to the previous coach who was at PNG….his first year at Sulphur Springs and they looked a lot better… if the qb doesn’t get hurt they might have made a run in the playoffs . 

• Like 1

• RETIREDFAN1 changed the title to 🏆Finals: South Oak Cliff 34, PNG 24 🏆