🏆Finals: South Oak Cliff 34, PNG 24 🏆

RETIREDFAN1

Final   

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, nacdragon07 said:

Why are people thinking SOC is going to lose ??

I think most experts are picking SOC. That's definitely understandable. I'm picking PNG for personal reasons. That being said I've seen almost all of PNG's games and their OL & DL are legit. They are playing really well right now. I didn't give the Indians much of a chance earlier in the year and especially before their playoff game against FBM. FBM had already beaten PNG 35-14 in district play and most experts were picking FBM to take the region and get to Jerry's World. Although PNG only beat FBM by one score the Indians dominated on both sides of the ball. 

PNG may not win Friday night but I wouldn't bet against the Indians. 

SOC had 88 yds passing and 141 yds rushing (net yards) against Argyle.  Argyle has 101 yds passing and 112 yds rushing(net yards) against SOC......just to throw that out there.  I think PNG may be able to do some things after viewing the Argyle game to help them against SOC.  Argyle really didn't get a good view of SOC against Lovejoy, Heritage, and Melissa.......they all threw the ball too much.  The game easily could have gone Argyle's way.....that PI call on their last drive was so obviously a bad call that kept that drive alive.  They would have been forced to punt, instead of taking another 5 min. off the clock.  They also called Argyle for "movement" by RB Bunnell at the 2 yd. line......that was a very "questionable" call also.  Nobody said anything on the broadcast crew.....or even showed it again. It was the biggest call in the game.  They all wanted SOC to win......for their own agendas.  Like a full house at the SC title game(for instance).  Like for furthering their big presentations of SOC's DISD first SC title in over 50 yrs.  Lots of stuff going on if you can read between the lines.  All I know is those 2 calls in particular were bad calls at key moments in the game and allowed SOC more chances.  I already went back and reviewed each play over and over.....and even slowed the video down and stepped it in sequence.  So that's that.  Good Luck PNG......you might beat them.  They don't care who wins this game.....only that SOC got to this game to fulfill their hidden agendas.  And there will be instant replay and reviews in the SC game you don't get any other time.  And certainly no heavy fog, LOL.  Argyle's following would be lucky to fill 3000 seats for their side......plus the locals. Everybody knew that already.

Edited by regaleagle

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

PNG went back to the drawing board after we embarrassed them in their home Week-1. They definitely can win this game. 

I'm picking SOC solely because I said in the off-season they'd go back-to-back. I can't switch up now. 

PAM looked unbeatable in the season opener. They came into the Reservation and dominated. After that game I wasn't sure PNG would make the playoffs much less be in the State Championship game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golfingnut said:

PAM looked unbeatable in the season opener. They came into the Reservation and dominated. After that game I wasn't sure PNG would make the playoffs much less be in the State Championship game. 

Their defensive staff made the right fixes after that game.

Alot of us all knew they wasn't beating FBM on the road in district so that wasn't a big deal. Dayton was a surprise even though they pulled through, but Png got hot at the right time that's why they're here. Their coaching staff is legit. 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2022 at 10:01 AM, JohnnyFootball said:

PNG had some BIG old boys. I saw their game against Liberty Hill Friday. On offense, their linemen are HUGE. 

Dunno much about South Oak Cliff other than they usually have a lot of good athletes. This could be a fun game. 

PNG has a big line but believe it or not SOC is BIGGER on the OL and they do a really good job moving people around in the run game. LT/6’3 276 LG/6’3 275 C/6’2 270 RG/6’6 380 RT/6’5 315 

20 hours ago, regaleagle said:

SOC had 88 yds passing and 141 yds rushing (net yards) against Argyle.  Argyle has 101 yds passing and 112 yds rushing(net yards) against SOC......just to throw that out there.  I think PNG may be able to do some things after viewing the Argyle game to help them against SOC.  Argyle really didn't get a good view of SOC against Lovejoy, Heritage, and Melissa.......they all threw the ball too much.  The game easily could have gone Argyle's way.....that PI call on their last drive was so obviously a bad call that kept that drive alive.  They would have been forced to punt, instead of taking another 5 min. off the clock.  They also called Argyle for "movement" by RB Bunnell at the 2 yd. line......that was a very "questionable" call also.  Nobody said anything on the broadcast crew.....or even showed it again. It was the biggest call in the game.  They all wanted SOC to win......for their own agendas.  Like a full house at the SC title game(for instance).  Like for furthering their big presentations of SOC's DISD first SC title in over 50 yrs.  Lots of stuff going on if you can read between the lines.  All I know is those 2 calls in particular were bad calls at key moments in the game and allowed SOC more chances.  I already went back and reviewed each play over and over.....and even slowed the video down and stepped it in sequence.  So that's that.  Good Luck PNG......you might beat them.  They don't care who wins this game.....only that SOC got to this game to fulfill their hidden agendas.  And there will be instant replay and reviews in the SC game you don't get any other time.  And certainly no heavy fog, LOL.  Argyle's following would be lucky to fill 3000 seats for their side......plus the locals. Everybody knew that already.

Anyone got any cheese for this dude?

• LOL! 2
  • Crybaby 1

PNG looks like a discount Argyle to me.  Think SOC will dominate.  Some people think to dominate you have to win by three touchdowns but I think they dominate by holding them to 14 points or less and winning by 10.  SOC by design doesn’t score tons of points.  They are a ball control, grind you down offense.  By 4th qrt PNG will be whipped just like all the other SOC opponents except MH to a degree.  

• Like 1

On 12/14/2022 at 11:02 AM, pigskinbobby said:

I believe SOC is the slight underdog in this one according to the experts. PNG has a really good team but I think SOC will bring it home again. I look forward to a great ballgame on Friday night!

I believe Soc will be too much.

• RETIREDFAN1 changed the title to 🏆Finals: South Oak Cliff 34, PNG 24 🏆