FINAL State Championship Map

dfwfootballfan

RETIREDFAN1
This post was recognized by RETIREDFAN1!

dfwfootballfan was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 40 points.

I use to do this a few years back, plotting the teams on a map.  This year I actually took some time and did it using google maps because...well I was a little bored this morning...

You can view by Class and Division for all but 5A and 6A, there is a limit on layers...or turn on all the layers to see all classes/divisions.

Enjoy.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1XpxE-1bFkZpsEaQAwt_6BJOFkrFYWa0&usp=sharing

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

I use to do this a few years back, plotting the teams on a map.  This year I actually took some time and did it using google maps because...well I was a little bored this morning...

You can view by Class and Division for all but 5A and 6A, there is a limit on layers...or turn on all the layers to see all classes/divisions.

Enjoy.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1XpxE-1bFkZpsEaQAwt_6BJOFkrFYWa0&usp=sharing

The pattern is clear:

g2Kq3BT.png

What I like to look at and compare is the distance between opponents and think about if there are any similarities in the communities, schools, etc. I think this year Poth/Gunter, and Hawley/Refugio are the farthest apart. I was going to add distances for each school to AT&T to the different layers but I had to get some real work done.

I may play around with the map some more later to see if there is anything else I can do to make it interesting/fun...

• Like 3

@PantherNation2015 and @Mojo1000, you both know you can’t say very many positive things about Carthage, because people are going to get upset about it.

We all just need to sit here and be quiet and say every week that we’re scared we’re going to lose, because the opponent that week is probably just better than us.  

We cannot be confident, because it’ll be taken as arrogance.

Y’all slow your roll or you’re going to receive hate.

• Confused 1
  • Roll Eyes 1
  • Crybaby 1

4 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

@PantherNation2015 and @Mojo1000, you both know you can’t say very many positive things about Carthage, because people are going to get upset about it.

We all just need to sit here and be quiet and say every week that we’re scared we’re going to lose, because the opponent that week is probably just better than us.  

If Cc can survive then anyone can. He got me believing Carthage can beat Northshore, Georgia, and Philadelphia Eagles.

• LOL! 1

4 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

C'mon man... 

40 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

C'mon man... 

It’s a delicate position we find ourselves in.

I don’t want folks to think we’re bad fans, arrogant and think more of ourselves than we are.

We also have to be objective and most of the time that means speaking well about the Dawgs.   🤷🏻‍♂️
We’ve seen a lot of good football and know what a championship caliber and capable team looks like.

Just one example:  If we state this is a dang good team and people start asking Carthage folks where this team ranks among the greatest Bulldog teams and we answer positively in favor of this team as on par with those teams that can start the “here we go again” negativity from other fans.  

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I don’t want folks to think we’re bad fans, arrogant and think more of ourselves than we are.

We also have to be objective and most of the time that means speaking well about the Dawgs.   🤷🏻‍♂️
We’ve seen a lot of good football and know what a championship caliber and capable team looks like.

Just one example:  If we state this is a dang good team and people start asking Carthage folks where this team ranks among the greatest Bulldog teams and we answer positively in favor of this team as on par with those teams that can start the “here we go again” negativity from other fans.  

As long as you win the dawgs will always be the Alabama of high school football. Fair or not lot of fatigue, jealousy, or hate will follow Carthage. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Just happy they don't have to play Liberty Hill or El Campo.  They own Carthage.

Just now, mikehoncho said:

I’ll spare everyone here on this thread, but want to remind you that I Owned you last time you brought that up. Nobody “owns” Carthage.

A delusional statement, but not unexpected.  I understand it's tough when you couldn't manage to defeat a team touted as inferior and also knowing you'll never get a chance at redemption.  Liberty Hill will forever be 2-0 vs Carthage.

23 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Don't apologize, for anything. Carthage is in the middle of a historic run, historic in program history if not (ultimately) in state history. 

Your program is doing extraordinary things. Revel in your time. 

Never apologize for being successful. Own it. 

• Love 1

• dfwfootballfan changed the title to FINAL State Championship Map