COVID vaccines thread

BarryLaverty

8 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

That's just wrong on every level. Millions of lives were saved regardless of your obsessed fixation because of the vaccines. 

And it could also be argued, could it not, that the lockdowns destroyed some people's livelihoods and has had a negative affect on mental health.

17 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

And it could also be argued, could it not, that the lockdowns destroyed some people's livelihoods and has had a negative affect on mental health.

Did the vaccines save lives? It's okay...the other guys will still be your friend. Try and stay focused, Captain Titfortat. 

4 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Did the vaccines save lives?

It appears so.

Now, how about addressing MY statement? There was also an increase in alcohol consumption, drug usage, and suicides as well over the last three years. In addition to the other things I mentioned. Do you care about that at all?

17 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Okay, good, safe answer. 

Sure I care. We had a problem with mental health and rehab resources in this country, and we continue to have that problem. Still, I would prefer my live people with psychiatric issues over dead ones any day. 

So then you agree that it could be argued that the lockdowns did, indeed, have a negative effect on people?

27 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

So then you agree that it could be argued that the lockdowns did, indeed, have a negative effect on people?

They may have, but I think they were a 'necessary evil' to prevent loss of lives while the vaccines were being developed. 

18 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

They may have, but I think they were a 'necessary evil' to prevent loss of lives while the vaccines were being developed. 

And totally unconstitutional....which is why I did NOT lockdown not did I ever wear a mask.........

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

They may have?

I think there's sufficient evidence to say that they did. Many lost businesses and livelihoods during the lockdowns that they might not have normally lost. Those businesses and livelihoods that were providing income for them and for their families.

In some cases, people were forbidden from going to church. In others, people started drinking heavily and we did see increases in mental issues, suicides, and attempted suicides. People were missing funerals for their own relatives. People couldn't be by the side of their aged relative as that relative passed on.

As I've previously noted, my son is terrified to go outside unless we deem it absolutely necessary, even in our own backyard. Before all of this, he wouldn't have been and we, as a family, were out and about regularly. I realize that's anecdotal, but there are many many stories like the ones I mention above. I'd say that's a "negative impact", wouldn't you?

Edited by Monte1076

7 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

It appears so.

Now, how about addressing MY statement? There was also an increase in alcohol consumption, drug usage, and suicides as well over the last three years. In addition to the other things I mentioned. Do you care about that at all?

Not only that, but it was terrible for education.  It has set it back years when kids were already struggling.  The pandemic has had devastating impacts on learning. What will it take to help students catch up? (brookings.edu)

What I find amazing is allegedly when they removed lead from gasoline kids that have been born since 1980's IQ's have increased.  I'm not buying that though.  Lead in gasoline blunted IQ of half the U.S. population, study says (nbcnews.com)

19 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

I didn't say it did, because I read the story.  He was jabbed with more shots than many though.  Some players need cortisone shots before every game.  Read or watch "North Dallas Forty" but it was much worse pre-1990.  

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

I didn't say it did, because I read the story.  He was jabbed with more shots than many though.  Some players need cortisone shots before every game.  Read or watch "North Dallas Forty" but it was much worse pre-1990.  

They gave toradol like its aspirin in the 2000s. Probably still do

Edited by Youngcoach123

23 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

COVID vaccines saved 3.2 million US lives, researchers say ......

Should read:

COVID vaccines saved 3.2 million US lives, paid political hack researchers say .....

I'd like to actually see the research. Isn't there usually a "control group"? Are they just guesstimating these numbers, or what?

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

I'd like to actually see the research. Isn't there usually a "control group"? Are they just guesstimating these numbers, or what?

Libtards don't need to show any proof ... they start with the desired outcome and backfill the data to match their narrative .... it's called reverse research .... and they have perfected the technique  .....

• RETIREDFAN1 changed the title to COVID vaccines thread