COVID vaccines thread

BarryLaverty

On 1/31/2023 at 5:21 AM, Monte1076 said:

How about all of the excess non-COVID deaths? Even after administered vaccines? Or is that just made-up propaganda because it doesn't fit your agenda, Barry?

I really enjoy working at home like I do, but it hasn't returned a lot of people to normal, like you said in a different post. My immediate family has essentially been isolated for nearly THREE YEARS. My family hasn't set foot in a restaurant to actually sit and eat since I can't recall when. I've missed numerous events I've wanted to attend. My son is terrified to go out in our own yard. I haven't seen my own mother over the Christmas holidays for the past near THREE YEARS.

With no end in sight.

I make breakfast drink runs every morning (drive thru), and I do curbside for groceries, and pick up medications when I need them, but that's really about it. We leave the house for little else. How's that normal again, Barry?

When we go vote, my wife and son double mask and my son wears plastic gloves. What's "normal" about that, Barry?

How's about addressing this, @BarryLaverty

On 1/31/2023 at 5:21 AM, Monte1076 said:

How about all of the excess non-COVID deaths? Even after administered vaccines? Or is that just made-up propaganda because it doesn't fit your agenda, Barry?

I really enjoy working at home like I do, but it hasn't returned a lot of people to normal, like you said in a different post. My immediate family has essentially been isolated for THREE YEARS PLUS. My family hasn't set foot in a restaurant to actually sit and eat since I can't recall when. I've missed numerous events I've wanted to attend. My son is terrified to go out in our own yard. I haven't seen my own mother over the Christmas holidays for the past THREE YEARS.

With no end in sight.

I make breakfast drink runs every morning, and I do curbside for groceries, and pick up medications when I need them, but that's really about it. We leave the house for little else. How's that normal again, Barry?

When we go vote, my wife and son double mask and my son wears plastic gloves. What's "normal" about that, Barry?

I don't really feel comfortable discussing your family's personal struggles. That's too personal for me. 

12 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

My broader point there is no, it's not "normal" for everyone again. And there are excess non-COVID deaths.

The title of this thread tells a story that a certain strata hasn't acknowledged. Decisions had to be made that focused on expediting care for Covid patients. 

25 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

The title of this thread tells a story that a certain strata hasn't acknowledged. Decisions had to be made that focused on expediting care for Covid patients. 

And now? As I said, we're not "back to normal" because if we were, I wouldn't have told the above story.

4 hours ago, PepeSilvia said:

Your last sentence shows how little you actually know about vaccines.

If this were a true vaccine we wouldn't need boosters every year for it.  Why is it only flu and covid vaccines are required every year ?  You can easily say variation and different strains, but they're hoping they can predict the vaccine for the current strain that could hit.  Tetanus shots are the only ones that have a lifespan of 7-10 years. Otherwise we would all be receiving shots for small pox, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, etc. . 

3 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

And now? As I said, we're not "back to normal" because if we were, I wouldn't have told the above story.

Employment is at or above where it was before this started, and we had impactful deaths in my town that haven't occurred then and not since. We averaged about 30% out in my district, including teachers and students and staff at one point, because of illness or proximity to it, and that has disappeared. We have packed concerts and games and events now. All of this wouldn't have been possible without the development and use of the vaccines and medical science figuring out best approaches. Schools figured out that multiple approaches to learning should be perfected, as there never has been a one size fits all, and that was magnified. Mental health availability has been woefully exposed as inadequate. There is much to learn, if we go clearheaded into the future with a united approach. Carping and endless attacks benefit no one but naysayers with political agendas. 

6 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Employment is at or above where it was before this started, and we had impactful deaths in my town that haven't occurred then and not since. We averaged about 30% out in my district, including teachers and students and staff at one point, because of illness or proximity to it, and that has disappeared. We have packed concerts and games and events now. All of this wouldn't have been possible without the development and use of the vaccines and medical science figuring out best approaches. Schools figured out that multiple approaches to learning should be perfected, as there never has been a one size fits all, and that was magnified. Mental health availability has been woefully exposed as inadequate. There is much to learn, if we go clearheaded into the future with a united approach. Carping and endless attacks benefit no one but naysayers with political agendas. 

You're still avoiding my broader point. I checked the numbers were I live. I live in a county of roughly 200K. Last I checked, earlier today, there were 135 cases. I've been to get prescriptions a couple of times. VERY few people, if any, were masked. The infection rate vacillates, and it was 1.01 when I looked, but for the last few days it's been under 1.

If what I said above is going to be the "new normal" for me and my family, other than working full time remote, I don't want it. That's not a "normal" I want to live in, because that's not living, that's existing. And as long as COVID is around, I don't see an end to it. Do you, honestly? I mean, I know Biden is talking about whatever that thing in May is (lifting all the restrictions, or whatever), but right now to me that's completely meaningless.

Edited by Monte1076

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

You're still avoiding my broader point. I checked the numbers were I live. I live in a county of roughly 200K. Last I checked, earlier today, there were 135 cases. I've been to get prescriptions a couple of times. VERY few people, if any, were masked. The infection rate vacillates, and it was 1.01 when I looked, but for the last few days it's been under 1.

If what I said above is going to be the "new normal" for me and my family, other than working full time remote, I don't want it. That's not a "normal" I want to live in, because that's not living, that's existing. And as long as COVID is around, I don't see an end to it. Do you, honestly? I mean, I know Biden is talking about whatever that thing in May is (lifting all the restrictions, or whatever), but right now to me that's completely meaningless.

I am not sure what you are looking for, truthfully. 

On 2/2/2023 at 5:07 PM, BarryLaverty said:

Wouldn't be possible because the powers that be wouldn't allow it! 

Covid was and is a real thing, but the fascists around the world and here in the USA will never let an opportunity for more control to pass them by.

Here we see paid covid actors were used in Australia to scare citizens into getting vaccinated.  Control and helping big pharma line their pockets with zero regard for the people whose lives they may ruin if those people have negative reactions to the vaccine.

Evil.

5 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Is pregnancy something that can be spread by sitting next to someone on the bus? Seems like the comparison doesn't make sense. 

Pregnancy happens when one decides to spread her legs.

Consequences for poor decisions are real and killing a life, because you selfishly decided to have sex and are selfishly deciding to make things easier on yourself is not right.

• Thanks 3

• RETIREDFAN1 changed the title to COVID vaccines thread