Hughes Springs AD Job Search

JGlass

14 minutes ago, JGlass said:

Any ideas on who will get this job?

Are they looking in house or outside?

Pretty sure I read on another thread that the remaining coaches were looking elsewhere, one may have already taken a position if I recall correctly...

I think the best information you'll find here regarding HS is here:

Ā 

On 12/15/2022 at 11:07 AM, tomlandry said:

Great town and school spirit. Will be a good opportunity.

Was at one time.

Most likely an outside hire. One positive is the new guy will have an opportunity to bring in just about a new staff of his choosing looking at some previous posts. Lots of assistant openings already. Would love to see the spread em and shred em results there.

Ā 

On 12/15/2022 at 11:59 AM, mrclean69 said:

I'm interested to see if they just want new blood or if they want to "spread em and shred em". Also interested in how the latter will go.Ā 

Thatā€™s it in a nutshell. Not cool if we donā€™t run the chunk and dunk offense. Everybodyā€™s doing it! Canā€™t win if we donā€™t run it ! ā€œHey we have 5 lineman that are 5ā€™6 and weight 350 pounds eachā€ā€”- chunk and dunk is the perfect offense for us. Bandwagon!!!!

• Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 9:32 PM, thefirsttimer said:

Was at one time.

Most likely an outside hire. One positive is the new guy will have an opportunity to bring in just about a new staff of his choosing looking at some previous posts. Lots of assistant openings already. Would love to see the spread em and shred em results there.

Ā 

Gonna be hard to hire a whole new staff in HS...everybody think hiring all new will be good but itll be hard to get them all filledĀ 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Difficult to hire coaches and teachers in general statewide.Ā 

Why would you want to coach? Dude won an average of 7 games a year and got canned. Now, him, his wife, and his kid has to find a new school. Not to mention the assistant coaches and their families. I know that lifestyle comes with the profession but its hard to sell that to the younger generation of people especially getting reassigned after years of success.Ā 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

Why would you want to coach? Dude won an average of 7 games a year and got canned. Now, him, his wife, and his kid has to find a new school. Not to mention the assistant coaches and their families. I know that lifestyle comes with the profession but its hard to sell that to the younger generation of people especially getting reassigned after years of success.Ā 

Hadn't he filled in as SB and baseball coach in the past and made the playoffs in both of those as the fill in coach?

20 hours ago, Destry said:

Just curious, how is the assistant coach job market these days. Plenty to go around or shortage? I know location has something to do with it but just statewide?

It is next to impossible to find qualified assistant coaches. That was the answer I got from several very good head coaches that were at pretty desirable programs. For the smaller schools that are just not able to match the salaries of the larger schools it is even harder.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

It is next to impossible to find qualified assistant coaches. That was the answer I got from several very good head coaches that were at pretty desirable programs. For the smaller schools that are just not able to match the salaries of the larger schools it is even harder.

Sounds about right

4 hours ago, thefirsttimer said:

Hadn't he filled in as SB and baseball coach in the past and made the playoffs in both of those as the fill in coach?

Not sure about the playoffs but I remember him coaching them. I hear he coached 7th grade football this year and went undefeated. And 7th basketball now and undefeated so far. He has done everything asked of him.........except one thing.3ac4ac64-a2f7-4a1e-a67c-8eb5cde16949_text.gif

2 hours ago, Wokewon said:

Not sure about the playoffs but I remember him coaching them. I hear he coached 7th grade football this year and went undefeated. And 7th basketball now and undefeated so far. He has done everything asked of him.........except one thing.3ac4ac64-a2f7-4a1e-a67c-8eb5cde16949_text.gif

Yea, he is coaching his son in 7th grade.Ā 

• 2 weeks later...