Hughes Springs AD Job Search

JGlass

7 hours ago, Destry said:

In this situation the guy who comes in after a person has been there this long usually doesnā€™t stay long. The second or third guy in has a better chance of longevity, whether coach , superintendent, or pastor.

So far none have gotten past the first phone interview. It seems none can explain the "oop dee oop left"Ā 

I heard it was from within, but I'm thinking that has to be false. Only one or two candidates and I had heard a couple weeks ago that they were 'cleaning' house.

My guess is someone outside and a spread guy. Just a shot in the dark though!

Any of you HS folks know when they'll announce?

4 hours ago, JGlass said:

I heard it was from within, but I'm thinking that has to be false. Only one or two candidates and I had heard a couple weeks ago that they were 'cleaning' house.

LOL...."spread guy"

They need "spread kids" first.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

4 hours ago, JGlass said:

Begging coaches to stay and telling them "your safe" is not cleaning house. Blind leading the blind. They weren't smart enough to KEEP a winning coach. Doubtful they are smart enough to HIRE one. I hear the candidates are position coaches with no AD experience. šŸ˜†

50 minutes ago, Wokewon said:

LOL...."spread guy"

They need "spread kids" first.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Lot of schools run the spread without spread kids, and yep most of them donā€™t win either. But hey itā€™s the fad.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Destry said:

Lot of schools run the spread without spread kids, and yep most of them donā€™t win either. But hey itā€™s the fad.

Right. But this isn't about winning or losing. This is about lil Johnny getting his allotted passes thrown at him. No excitement for certain parents watching the same two kids tote the rock all season. Because we all know that isn't fair and the rest of the team don't get to do anything in the slot t.

I hear the best receiver will be going with coach Edwards. His foster kid. Hear a couple more good players will be transferring out as well. But hey, they the halls are full of studs not willing to play for Edwards. Probably have a 45 man roster next year! šŸ˜

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

3 hours ago, Wokewon said:

Begging coaches to stay and telling them "your safe" is not cleaning house. Blind leading the blind. They weren't smart enough to KEEP a winning coach. Doubtful they are smart enough to HIRE one. I hear the candidates are position coaches with no AD experience. šŸ˜†

With the exception of like 2 years, pretty mediocre coaching imo. When you schedule Clarksville, Open Farm Pasture HS, etc you should have a good record pre-district

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

25 minutes ago, iRockNewbzz said:

With the exception of like 2 years, pretty mediocre coaching imo. When you schedule Clarksville, Open Farm Pasture HS, etc you should have a good record pre-district

Well....you know what they say about opinions. HS scheduled Clarksville like 4 times in 14 years. Probably when you played.

13 hours ago, Wokewon said:

Right. But this isn't about winning or losing. This is about lil Johnny getting his allotted passes thrown at him. No excitement for certain parents watching the same two kids tote the rock all season. Because we all know that isn't fair and the rest of the team don't get to do anything in the slot t.

We know where the kids didnā€™t learn the team concept donā€™t we.?

• Love 1

1 hour ago, mustang1113 said:

Whats done is done nobody can change that now. Just need to move on and support the next guy why keep talking about what happened and why.

What happened to Edwards may have an effect on the next guy coming in, and the fact that the parents responsible for this whole episode knows now that all they have to do is start whining and get their way. Itā€™s not just in HS but everywhere. Sad but true.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Destry said:

What happened to Edwards may have an effect on the next guy coming in, and the fact that the parents responsible for this whole episode knows now that all they have to do is start whining and get their way. Itā€™s not just in HS but everywhere. Sad but true.

Correct. There are much bigger issues now than the "new guy". The weak followers need to be replaced with leaders by voting them out. Then they can fix the bigger problem within the administration building. BUT in the meantime people will continue to talk about it.Ā 

16 hours ago, Wokewon said:

Correct. There are much bigger issues now than the "new guy". The weak followers need to be replaced with leaders by voting them out. Then they can fix the bigger problem within the administration building. BUT in the meantime people will continue to talk about it.Ā 

I guess every community needs something to talk about šŸ˜‚

On 1/6/2023 at 9:15 PM, Wokewon said:

I hear the best receiver will be going with coach Edwards. His foster kid. Hear a couple more good players will be transferring out as well. But hey, they the halls are full of studs not willing to play for Edwards. Probably have a 45 man roster next year! šŸ˜

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Best receiver šŸ’¤, hopefully those kids aren't transferring for athletic purposes. That's against the rules correct?Ā 

On 1/6/2023 at 9:15 PM, Wokewon said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I'd think you would take him with you to Hooks.Ā