Hughes Springs AD Job Search

JGlass

10 hours ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

I heard the new AD is a guy working for the city. The football team is now gonna be responsible for filling in pot holes and storm clean up behind city hall. 

I've heard that too. I don't really think he is the type of coach she is hoping to find. Plus I don't think he would give up the gig he has to coach high school football. But who knows.

I went back and read these two posts on the HS AD situation.

Yall have had a decent record over the last 15-16 years in football. But, when you schedule soft plus do everything possible to stay small school, you should be impressive on paper. You guys have been flat out embarrassed too many times over that same span. HS has given up 50 plus more than any 'good' team in the state. 

HS has been below average in everything else other than softball for quite a while now. And from what it looks like, you have too many good smart athletes to not advance more in the playoffs in football and should be better across the board in all other sports. 

Now, has this situation been handled properly, I have no idea. From the posts yall make it sound like it is all the Sup and her getting mad that her child wasn't taken care of in some form or fashion. I can't answer whether that's true or not. The other thing I see is a couple posters and especially a couple new ones sounding like they are taking up for the AD and even promoting him to the point of possible 'self promotion'. If that's the case, just move on. 

The lack of actual factual information from this particular situation leads me to believe most people don't really care or you guys are trying to cover something (or years of things not being handled properly). Either way, best of luck finding a quality AD that can get HS heading back in the right direction. You have too many good people and kids not to.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JGlass said:

I went back and read these two posts on the HS AD situation.

Yall have had a decent record over the last 15-16 years in football. But, when you schedule soft plus do everything possible to stay small school, you should be impressive on paper. You guys have been flat out embarrassed too many times over that same span. HS has given up 50 plus more than any 'good' team in the state. 

HS has been below average in everything else other than softball for quite a while now. And from what it looks like, you have too many good smart athletes to not advance more in the playoffs in football and should be better across the board in all other sports. 

Now, has this situation been handled properly, I have no idea. From the posts yall make it sound like it is all the Sup and her getting mad that her child wasn't taken care of in some form or fashion. I can't answer whether that's true or not. The other thing I see is a couple posters and especially a couple new ones sounding like they are taking up for the AD and even promoting him to the point of possible 'self promotion'. If that's the case, just move on. 

The lack of actual factual information from this particular situation leads me to believe most people don't really care or you guys are trying to cover something (or years of things not being handled properly). Either way, best of luck finding a quality AD that can get HS heading back in the right direction. You have too many good people and kids not to.

Ever heard of MaxPreps? They have things like schedules, scores, and ROSTERS. Not sure if you haven't been to a game in the last decade, or if you just like typing your opinion over and over. Either way, you have no idea what you are talking about. Soft preseason schedules? Controlling how many kids enroll in school? I mean yea I guess the local industry and job situation is the coaches fault? What's "below average"? A good while now? If your are going to attempt to run down a program on SDC, you need more than your obvious dislike for the coach. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mustang1113 said:

Its not gonna be either of these guys be willing to bet on that. Although one of these would be a great hire.

A great hire?  Neither of those guys would be a good choice, both of those guys have been out of coaching for a few years now. Let me guess you are one of those guys??

18 hours ago, Wokewon said:

Ever heard of MaxPreps? They have things like schedules, scores, and ROSTERS. Not sure if you haven't been to a game in the last decade, or if you just like typing your opinion over and over. Either way, you have no idea what you are talking about. Soft preseason schedules? Controlling how many kids enroll in school? I mean yea I guess the local industry and job situation is the coaches fault? What's "below average"? A good while now? If your are going to attempt to run down a program on SDC, you need more than your obvious dislike for the coach. 

In the early years, yes very soft. Scheduled a little better the last few and well, the record isn't so good. 

Anyway, I have no idea why such a complex. Just move on.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Wokewon said:

Jglass, I won't do all the work for you. I'm a busy man. But here's a start. HS didn't schedule 4 State Champions for preseason. But who would you say is weak?

Garrison  35-30

Mineola  44-34

Leonard  25-22

Jefferson 35-24

And won how many of those. SMH

• LOL! 1

10 hours ago, JGlass said:

In the early years, yes very soft. Scheduled a little better the last few and well, the record isn't so good. 

Anyway, I have no idea why such a complex. Just move on.

Since 2008...

West Rusk, Arp, Garrison, Dangerfield, DK, RW, Cville, PP, Waskom, Troup, Spring Hill, ND,Jefferson, HF, Tatum, Harmony, Leonard, Mineola....

This is a complete list of HS non district opponents since "early on" as you say.

So enlighten us on how you figure this is soft non district scheduling. Who, in all your football wisdom, would you have scheduled in east Texas. Hell son that just about covers east Texas. The truth is, you are clueless. And it shows.

16 hours ago, Wokewon said:

Since 2008...

West Rusk, Arp, Garrison, Dangerfield, DK, RW, Cville, PP, Waskom, Troup, Spring Hill, ND,Jefferson, HF, Tatum, Harmony, Leonard, Mineola....

This is a complete list of HS non district opponents since "early on" as you say.

So enlighten us on how you figure this is soft non district scheduling. Who, in all your football wisdom, would you have scheduled in east Texas. Hell son that just about covers east Texas. The truth is, you are clueless. And it shows.

Calm down coach its gonna be ok