Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-Florida)

Wild74

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, well an intelligent democrat!! They'll kick him out of the loony lib party for sure!!!ย 

ย 

ย DAVE KERNER:ย I've been a registered Democrat since I registered to vote at the age of 18. I don't really see it as going against my party.ย I'm a Floridian, an American first. But there's a confluence of reasons. The trajectory of our state, which I spoke about in my endorsement, his support for law enforcement, his management of the COVID 19 pandemic. There is's a host of reasons whyย I endorsed him.ย 

ย 

Florida Democrat endorses Gov. Ron DeSantis: 'I am a Floridian and an American first' (msn.com)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let them fight out to the death in the Orange Bowl! Imagine the ticket sales and streaming $ to be made!ย 

(NY TIMES)

Trump Threatens to Reveal Unflattering Information About DeSantis if He Runs

ย 
ย 
Maggie Haberman
ย 
ย 
A sculpture of Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) in Coconut Creek, Fla., on Nov. 4, 2022. (Scott McIntyre/The New York Times)
ย 
A sculpture of Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) in Coconut Creek, Fla., on Nov. 4, 2022. (Scott McIntyre/The New York Times)

Several hours before polls opened Tuesday for Election Day in Florida, former President Donald Trump warned the stateโ€™s governor, Ron DeSantis, against mounting a challenge to Trumpโ€™s own anticipated presidential candidacy in the 2024 election cycle.

โ€œIf he runs, he runs,โ€ Trump said of DeSantis to a handful of reporters traveling with him on his private plane โ€” recently refurbished and put back into use โ€” after a rally Monday night in Dayton, Ohio.

But Trump added, in remarks published Tuesday by The Wall Street Journal, โ€œIf he did run, I will tell you things about him that wonโ€™t be very flattering. I know more about him than anybody other than perhaps his wife, who is really running his campaign.โ€

- ADVERTISEMENT -

The former president, preparing to announce a rare candidacy for the White House after a defeat, was thus openly threatening to smear the person who would be considered his leading rival, should he choose to run.

Trump, who for decades threatened business rivals and partners, reporters and critics alike with lawsuits or the possibility of being humiliated, has taken slash-and-burn politics to new heights.

He encouraged his supporters to disseminate dirt about President Joe Bidenโ€™s son Hunter, brought women who had accused former President Bill Clinton of sexual misconduct to his debate against Hillary Rodham Clinton in 2016, and tweeted a vague threat about Sen. Ted Cruzโ€™s wife in the Republican presidential primary that year.

But now, advisers say, Trump is quicker to anger and frequently in a state of near-rage about not being president anymore.

On Monday night in Dayton, Trump referred to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., whose husband was recently bludgeoned with a hammer by an intruder who was looking for Pelosi, as an โ€œanimalโ€ because she led the effort to impeach him twice as president.

Trumpโ€™s threats donโ€™t always carry much weight, but his words are heard by his supporters, such as those who rioted at the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

And over the past year, Trumpโ€™s use of violent rhetoric at his rallies has increased. He has recited accounts of grisly crimes to heighten perceptions of disorder under Democratic leadership; threatened future jail sentences for reporters to coerce them into revealing their sources, lest they face rape by other prisoners; and said he would prescribe the death penalty for drug dealers.

Trump had to be talked out of announcing his own presidential campaign Monday night by advisers, family members and Republican leaders, according to several people briefed on the discussions. Instead, he is widely expected to make an announcement sometime next week; he urged his supporters to stay tuned for a โ€œvery big announcementโ€ Nov. 15.

Trump has long made clear that he wants to be president again, although several advisers said he seemed halfhearted about another campaign for much of the past 20 months. But his use of blunt threats to dissuade DeSantis suggests he is ready to reengage politically.

DeSantis has occupied Trumpโ€™s thinking for months, as he and other potential candidates โ€” including Trumpโ€™s former vice president, Mike Pence โ€” have made moves toward candidacies of their own.

Over the weekend, Trump road-tested a nickname for DeSantis, โ€œRon DeSanctimonious,โ€ to the dismay of a number of conservatives.

ยฉ 2022 The New York Times Company

Edited by BarryLaverty

2 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

And you think this is made up? You really don't see him saying that?ย 

I'm sure he probably said something to that effect .... it's no big deal, Trump says a lot of things he probably shouldn'tย  .... that's Trump .... leave it to the Slimes to blow anything he says out of proportionย  ....ย  what about all theย :poop:ย Plugs ๐Ÿ”Œ says that are 1,000 times worse? ....

3 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I'm sure he probably said something to that effect .... it's no big deal, Trump says a lot of things he probably shouldn'tย  .... that's Trump

And there is the problem that Trump true believers don't understand other people have with him...and them.ย 

16 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

And there is the problem that Trump true believers don't understand other people have with him...and them.ย 

I don't put a lot of stock in what he says all the time, he's all over the place ... I care about what he has done that's positive for America ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธย  ... and thatโ€™s a lot .... he accomplished more goodย  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿปย  things for Americaย  ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธย  than any President in my lifetime .... unlike stumbling and bumbling Pedo Plugs ๐Ÿ”Œย  ..... who has destroyed our encomy and has opened the border to drug dealers, terrorists,ย  human smugglers and illegal aliens ๐Ÿ‘ฝย  ....ย  how can you support thatย :poop: Larry? ....

ย 

ย 

42 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Iโ€™m afraid this style of trump will backfire on him this go around.ย 

It will backfire on him this time.ย ย 

This is just my opinion.ย  Take it for what it is worth:

I think a Trump endorsement for politics as a Republican is fine.ย  However, I believe running your campaign on Trump talking points and using Trump tactics is why you did not see a red wave at these midterms.ย 

As someone said earlier, they think we are crazy as much as we think they are crazy.ย  So I am going to make my SDC graphic:

<Harris/Biden/Pelosi------------------------------Joe Machin---- Middle----Romney/McConnell--------------------------DeSantis-------Trump>

Both parties need to move back towards the underlined basic line graph if don't want our country to go to crap.ย  I really like DeSantis.ย  I think by winning Miami-Dade County in FL last night, it shows that hispanic and legal immigrants trust and like his policies.ย  I would love to see the Democrats roll out similar candidates to show some normalcy back in American politics.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

And you think this is made up? You really don't see him saying that?ย 

If it makes you feel any better, I would 100% not vote for Trump in a primary.ย  I think he plays dirty politics and I think it would lead to an actual Civil War.ย  One side shooting Rainbow themed gender reveal cannons and the other shooting with bazookas and illegally obtained M249's.

However, if Trump were to win the Republican nomination and went against Biden, Harris, Schumer etc I absolutely 100% would cast my ballot for Trump and feel good about it.ย  The direction that this administration has taken our country in makes $100,000 feel like $1000.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

ย 

Both parties need to move back towards the underlined basic line graph if don't want our country to go to crap........ I would love to see the Democrats roll out similar candidates to show some normalcy back in American politics.

Keep dreaming......๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚