Can someone tell me...

dfwfootballfan

I hear that played at games pretty often but wasn't sure what it was called either. Pretty good song for high school games. I wish they would bring back some of the old classics that pretty much set the atmosphere for games in the 1960's and 70's like "The Horse", "Hawaii Five-0" and "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" I guess none of those would be too appealing to anyone except old folks from my generation🤣

Some college bands like Auburn still play "The Horse"

Edited by Vandalman
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Vandalman said:

I hear that played at games pretty often but wasn't sure what it was called either. Pretty good song for high school games. I wish they would bring back some of the old classics that pretty much set the atmosphere for games in the 1960's and 70's like "The Horse", "Hawaii Five-0" and "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" I guess none of those would be too appealing to anyone except old folks from my generation🤣

The original version of The Horse lol

:rofl: The boss with the hot sauce :rofl:

Edited by Sportsfanatic1
  • Like 2
  • LOL! 1

On 12/16/2022 at 10:05 PM, Vandalman said:

Definitely a classic...

5 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

That's a classic for all East Texas teams back in the early 70's when I was in the band, along with The Horse, Hawaii 5-0, Shaft and my favorite that we always played in the 4th quarter,  I Can't Stop Loving You. 

I forgot about Shaft! That was another good one they played back when I was in high school. I still crank that up when I hear the original on the 70's channel!

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 2:43 PM, dfwfootballfan said:

The name of this song? This is a link to T-High on youtube, I know this is a sports forum but I heard this during the Carthage/Winberley game for the first time in a long time...and wanted to know the name of it.  Hopefully there are some band folks here that know...

Name of that song is "Texans got on a pair of Milkbone flavordt underwears." Was wrote by late Jim Reeves a man very familiar with Panola County teams. Truestorie 

Edited by Doomer
  • Love 1

On 12/16/2022 at 10:05 PM, Vandalman said:

Boerne plays “the Horse” at the beginning of the second quarter every game before heading down to the end zone.  It’s my daughter’s favorite in the stands routine to dance to.

I wish more teams would play “Callout” outside of East Texas.  It’s got an intimidating feel to it especially when the band gets into it with all the motion. Chapel Hill did a great job against Boerne with it and the acoustics of the Alamodome really made it pop.  I usually think of Gilmer more when I hear it due to Navasota’s two playoff games in 2009 and 2012 with them.

• Like 1