πŸ† Aledo 52, College Station 14 πŸ†

Sportsfanatic1

2 minutes ago, EastTexasKnowItAll said:

Maybe if you switch them THIS year Β  If you switch them in 7th grade both teams are probably the same and both QBs develop MUCH differently!

Why would he have been talking about anything other than this year?Β 

Just now, dfwfootballfan said:

Absolutely they were, I just think the Aledo O line is a little bit better....and as for Aledo, their offense always gets a lot of credit, but the defense is much better than what it gets credit for.

I thought they did an excellent job of stopping the run against LV and said we want to see the QB beat us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Absolutely they were, I just think the Aledo O line is a little bit better....and as for Aledo, their offense always gets a lot of credit, but the defense is much better than what it gets credit for.

Agreed. I’ve been impressed with their defense the last 3 weeks. Those are the only games I watched of them and their D was strong.Β 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VonG said:

I don't care what no one says. This was Longview year to win another state championship.Β 

Man I work with 4 starters on the team parents...and to hear them tellΒ  theirΒ  parents how disappointed they were bout how the game was managed was telling. This one stung really hard

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

Man I work with 4 starters on the team parents...and to hear them tellΒ  theirΒ  parents how disappointed they were bout how the game was managed was telling. This one stung really hard

Well. Maybe one day they’ll become coaches themselves and we’ll see if they actually know how to manage a game as well as a state-winning coach.Β 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Why would he have been talking about anything other than this year?Β 

The Aledo QB is better because he’s at Aledo. Β The fact is Longview NEEDED something Aledo had this year. Β Aledo needs notjing Longview has to win another title in blowout fashion. Everyone keeps saying this was Longview’s year. Β They were deficient at the most important position in team sports and that’s not the QB fault. Β He did the best he could. Β My point about THIS year is nobody knows how the Aledo QB would be in the Longview system THIS year. Β There’s a good chance they call the same plays with him under center.
Β 

Β And for those griping about play-calling, who knows how things go is Longview throws the ball 10, 12, 15 more times a game. Β May be more more fumbles, more interceptions, more drives ending in punts. Β Maybe not. The kids in Aledo don’t just show up knowing how to play. Β Same for Longview. Β 99% of programs in the state would sell their soul to end their seasons the same week Lingview does every year. Β They didn’t win it this year. Β They had everything on their side to win the Aledo game without the QB having to come into play and they didn’t do it. Β No shame. Β 

5 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

Putting that information on a public forum really helps things! Β πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Edited by EastTexasKnowItAll

12 minutes ago, VonG said:

I don't care what no one says. This was Longview year to win another state championship.Β 

Absolutely that is what gotta be incredibly frustrating as a Longview fan. Honestly I rather take a 45-0 woodshed than an almost had it game.Β 

• RETIREDFAN1 changed the title to πŸ† Aledo 52, College Station 14 πŸ†