🏆Duncanville 28 Galena Park Northshore 21 Final🏆

RETIREDFAN1

26 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

Probably one the best playoff games I ever watched. Outstanding performance. Glad for the coach finally get it done. I bet he had nightmares about north shore.

This was a great game no doubt, but definitely not the best playoff game.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HGWar6 said:

Did they ever announce the attendance for the games today or the SOC game?  Was a new record set?

SOC vs PNG   32,098

Aledo vs College Station   28,160

Desoto vs Vandegrift     34,891

Duncanville vs Northshore  40,056

Total for all the games 204,730   the record is 235,321 in 2016

They would have set the single game and daily record if SOC and PNG would have played the early game Saturday instead of Friday.

Edited by Grainraiser

30 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Glad Duncanville beat North Shore.

I don’t think Samples is a great coach, but glad he finally won state. 

I think hes pretty good one myself. After, to finish off this picture, in 2020 he made it to the semis, in 2021 state runner up. 2 losses. And this year undefeated state championship. Out of his years only missed playoffs 7 times if i counted correctly. In 32 years he made the playoffs 78% of the time. Screenshot_20221218_083731_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Edited by Slickarick
New info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Slickarick said:

I think hes pretty good one myself. After, to finish off this picture, in 21 state runner up. 2 losses. And this year undefeated state championship. Out of his years only missed playoffs 7 times if i counted correctly.Screenshot_20221218_083731_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

I hear you, but the talent level at Duncanville and only one state championship.  That’s not good no matter how you slice it or try to make dumb excuses like demographics he has to deal with.  Bull. 

Same thing for SOC, Tepper tweeted that a few months ago it was out of the question that an inner city team could win back to back state championships in 5A.

I think that’s completely stupid.  Inner city usually means fantastic athletes throughout the team.  It takes one man, one coach to change it all and channel all that talent and boom, overnight you have a powerhouse.

I’d love for people to quit making excuses for coaches who lead inner city teams saying they don’t have the resources other coaches do.  I think it’s just a bunch of bunk and SOC is proving that.  

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I hear you, but the talent level at Duncanville and only one state championship.  That’s not good no matter how you slice it or try to make dumb excuses like demographics he has to deal with.  Bull. 

Same thing for SOC, Tepper tweeted that a few months ago it was out of the question that an inner city team could win back to back state championships in 5A.

I think that’s completely stupid.  Inner city usually means fantastic athletes throughout the team.  It takes one man, one coach to change it all and channel all that talent and boom, overnight you have a powerhouse.

I’d love for people to quit making excuses for coaches who lead inner city teams saying they don’t have the resources other coaches do.  I think it’s just a bunch of bunk and SOC is proving that.  

I agree with the talent but its harder to win the higher you go. Thats why NS, Katy, Westlake, Allen and Cedar hill are elite programs to be able to win it so much at a high level. But yes he should have at least 1 more the hail mary yesr was just a heart breaker.

Just now, Slickarick said:

I agree with the talent but its harder to win the higher you go. Thats why NS, Katy, Westlake, Allen and Cedar hill are elite programs to be able to win it so much at a high level. But yes he should have at least 1 more the hail mary yesr was just a heart breaker.

Hail mary by NS was just luck and Duncanville should have two titles under Samples.

You put Todd Dodge as HC at Duncanville and those suckers have 12 state championships.

All that, Dodge wouldn’t have the same success Samples has, because he wouldn’t know how to deal with the social issues Samples has navigated I think is a load of garbage.

Dodge would have a superior offensive philosophy established and always have a quarterback groomed to take over the reigns.

Samples has always just relied on the talent and out athleted other teams.  Dodge or Buchanan or others would have utilized the talent he’s had over the years much more efficiently and effectively.

5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Hail mary by NS was just luck and Duncanville should have two titles under Samples.

You put Todd Dodge as HC at Duncanville and those suckers have 12 state championships.

All that, Dodge wouldn’t have the same success Samples has, because he wouldn’t know how to deal with the social issues Samples has navigated I think is a load of garbage.

Dodge would have a superior offensive philosophy established and always have a quarterback groomed to take over the reigns.

Samples has always just relied on the talent and out athleted other teams.  Dodge or Buchanan or others would have utilized the talent he’s had over the years much more efficiently and effectively.

Its possible. Never know. What ifs and hypotheticals can never truly be evaluated. That would be an interesting alternative universe if dodge, surratt, buchanna had gotten the dville job. But now in to another football final. World cup time!

Edited by Slickarick
Spelling
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Slickarick said:

Its possible. Never know. What ifs and hypotheticals can never truly be evaluated. That would be an interesting alternative universe if dodge, surratt, buchanna had gotten the dville job. But now in to another football final. World cup time!

I don’t really care for Messi or Mbappe, but I’m pulling for Argentina. 
I think Mbappe is a punk, quite honestly.

4 hours ago, Grainraiser said:

SOC vs PNG   32,098

Aledo vs College Station   28,160

Desoto vs Vandegrift     34,891

Duncanville vs Northshore  40,056

Total for all the games 204,730   the record is 235,321 in 2016

They would have set the single game and daily record if SOC and PNG would have played the early game Saturday instead of Friday.

Single game record is 49,500, 1977, Texas Stadium…. Plano vs. PNG for the state championship. I was there, it was amazing. No game has ever come close to that attendance. 

Edited by Matt

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

Single game record is 49,500, 1977, Texas Stadium…. Plano vs. PNG for the state championship. I was there, it was amazing. No game has ever come close to that attendance. 

I thought Longview/Westbrook had 48,500 or sumthg close to that...?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

1 hour ago, gtee2 said:

I thought Longview/Westbrook had 48,500 or sumthg close to that...?

According to @MattStepp

1. 1.  Allen-Pearland, 2013 - 54,347
  2. 2. Allen-Cy Ranch, 2014 - 52,308
  3. 3. PNG-Plano, 1977 - 49,953
  4. 4. Longview-West Brook, 2018 - 48,421
  5. 5. Allen-Houston Lamar, 2012 - 48,379

I attended all three of those games and Allen vs Pearland drew the most fans by far. That was Allens best team and it was not much of a game. The PNG vs Plano game was the most epic because that was prior to Jerry World and that many fans at a high school game was unheard of at the time.

5 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

You clearly don't understand the challenges of a inner city school. SOC students had to walkout and boycott the school to get A/C and heat. The school had not been remodeled since 1958 and was literally withering away. Skyline got 80% of their players from Oak Cliff. The school is a 40 minute drive from Oak Cliff and kids had to provide their own transportation to get home from practice. This became the responsibility of the assistant coaches. Skyline had to rent practice facilities from a nearby church because their field had no lights. Not many coaches could deal with that and win. Todd and Surrat would be failures at SOC and Skyline will Samples would fail at SLC and Carthage. Coaching fit matters and if you don't think it does look at what happened to Dicus at Duncanville. Coaches are not plug and play and what they do for one program does not always translate to another program.

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

According to @MattStepp

1. 1.  Allen-Pearland, 2013 - 54,347
  2. 2. Allen-Cy Ranch, 2014 - 52,308
  3. 3. PNG-Plano, 1977 - 49,953
  4. 4. Longview-West Brook, 2018 - 48,421
  5. 5. Allen-Houston Lamar, 2012 - 48,379

That #3 is most impressive to me. Single game. Not part of a triple header. 

• Like 1