🏆Duncanville 28 Galena Park Northshore 21 Final🏆

RETIREDFAN1

20 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Carthage would have beat JT the past 3 or 4 yrs. And probably every large school in East Texas outside of LV and maybe Texas High. But they have a decent shot for an upset against both.

I think we’d have beaten T High this year comfortably. 
Longview, I’m not touching that.

For all this talk, for us to have a chance to win a state championship in 5A-D1 and above it’d take one of our best teams, obviously.

I’d put a fully healthy 2008, 2010, 2013, 2017, 2020 and 2022 up against anybody and let the chips fall where they may.

Before the Nac guy comes on here and says no about 2008, I’d like to say I believe SS & Co were still in build mode in early ‘08 and the machine wasn’t online until midseason.  That was Dwight Smith and that rugged OL along with Blackshire at QB.  That team was ultra talented on both sides of the ball.

The 2009, 2016 and 2019 teams were good, especially 2019, and we spanked Waco La Vega in the championship game that year, but those three teams weren’t quite elite as the other teams listed.  Those three teams did what they were supposed to do in 4A and that’s awesome.

We do have more depth across the board at every position than probably any 4A team in the state, both divisions.  That’s also part of the thought process not just our starters are good.