Soccer/futbol can you watch it?

Doomer

Have you watched soccer?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever 100% watched an entire game of soccer.

• I have watched a game from start to finish.
    • Nope not even close
    • What's soccer?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Soccer is a beautiful game. With some of if not the most passionate fans on the planet. And this is coming from a guy who coached football for 12 years before coaching soccer for 4 and falling in love with the sport.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/16/2023 at 1:25 AM, Slickarick said:

Soccer is a beautiful game. With some of if not the most passionate fans on the planet. And this is coming from a guy who coached football for 12 years before coaching soccer for 4 and falling in love with the sport.  

I finally loaded my coffee table with junk food snacks and dug in to attempt a complete soccer game on TV. Still only made it through about 16 minutes worth. The coach of the winning team even looked like he wanted to leave. Ref in white coat flat looked like he was ticked off for being called in to work the game. No joke he was quizzing himself with flashcards. Truestorie 

• LOL! 2

Love soccer.  Grew up a baseball/football guy.  Never understood it.  My kids got into it and I fell in love with it.  Watched the US men beat Mexico and Canada this weekend to win the Nations League Tournament.  It's a beautiful game and it takes a lot of skill.

But I also love hockey and think it's the best game on the planet.

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

Love soccer.  Grew up a baseball/football guy.  Never understood it.  My kids got into it and I fell in love with it.  Watched the US men beat Mexico and Canada this weekend to win the Nations League Tournament.  It's a beautiful game and it takes a lot of skill.

But I also love hockey and think it's the best game on the planet.

🤢 .... 🤮 .... 🤪

3 hours ago, JBizzle said:

I figured you would like it.  The US men were pretty dominant in your chilldhood!😜

Watching my bird feeders is much more entertaining ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • LOL! 2

I'm beginning to think that soccer isn't as possible all over the world as people claim it is.  It might only be, because all you need is a round ball to play it.  Today while eating lunch, they were showing the top 10 highlights of soccer matches over the weekend.  Only two of the games appeared to have over 100 fans in the stands.  It looked just like it did during the pandemic when they closed off the stadiums. That tells me that people love to play it, but they hate to watch it unless it's a Championship game.  

25 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I'm beginning to think that soccer isn't as possible all over the world as people claim it is.  It might only be, because all you need is a round ball to play it.  Today while eating lunch, they were showing the top 10 highlights of soccer matches over the weekend.  Only two of the games appeared to have over 100 fans in the stands.  It looked just like it did during the pandemic when they closed off the stadiums. That tells me that people love to play it, but they hate to watch it unless it's a Championship game.  

I don't believe soccer will ever compete with football, baseball, basketball and hockey as a spectators sport in America not only because most people here think it's boring,  but also because all the other major sports overlap and there just isn't room for it without overlapping the other major sports on TV .... soccer in America is a niche sport that will never be more than an activity for kids to play and parents and grandparents to watch ... while yawning 🥱  ....

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2023 at 5:27 PM, KirtFalcon said:

I don't believe soccer will ever compete with football, baseball, basketball and hockey as a spectators sport in America not only because most people here think it's boring,  but also because all the other major sports overlap and there just isn't room for it without overlapping the other major sports on TV .... soccer in America is a niche sport that will never be more than an activity for kids to play and parents and grandparents to watch ... while yawning 🥱  ....

Yep, s😴ccer takes a back seat to pickleball in the USA.