Most unexpected win/Heartbreaking loss for your team in 2022

Mavchamp

20 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

Agree was one of most interesting non district games. One team showed its potential.

It’s been quite something to witness over the years in the biggest of games Carthage can consciously and very purposefully catch an extra gear most teams just can’t.  
That’s why Carthage blows people out in state championship games.  
When the chips are down the Bulldogs are lethal.

On 12/21/2022 at 5:35 PM, Destry said:

My most disappointing loss was when the school I watch a lot switched from the wing t to a variation of the pistol, shotgun, wideout spread. I am still in counseling over it.😪

I'm a wing-t guy, but wing-t is not always the best option. Sometimes the coaches have to look at what they have in the locker room and run what fits their kids instead of running what they like to run. I ran the wing-t for around 20 years. You have to have certain key ingredients to run it successfully. 

If it was a magical answer everyone would do it. Look at New Diana and Ore City, they both ran the slot-t a couple years ago and got hammered. 

Harmony went away from the wing-t and went to the Semifinals. 

Not sure what school you are referring to but most schools I see are Spread to run not spread to throw. By spreading the defense out you can open up more running lanes, especially if you have smaller/quicker running backs and a running QB. 

Most defenses will load the box vs wing-t, it gets tough running vs a 10 man box! You have to have a hoss back there at fullback!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlBundy said:

I'm a wing-t guy, but wing-t is not always the best option. Sometimes the coaches have to look at what they have in the locker room and run what fits their kids instead of running what they like to run. I ran the wing-t for around 20 years. You have to have certain key ingredients to run it successfully. 

If it was a magical answer everyone would do it. Look at New Diana and Ore City, they both ran the slot-t a couple years ago and got hammered. 

Harmony went away from the wing-t and went to the Semifinals. 

Not sure what school you are referring to but most schools I see are Spread to run not spread to throw. By spreading the defense out you can open up more running lanes, especially if you have smaller/quicker running backs and a running QB. 

Most defenses will load the box vs wing-t, it gets tough running vs a 10 man box! You have to have a hoss back there at fullback!

I agree with everything you said and want to add that a coach has to run-what he knows best so that the kids can see that he knows what he is doing and will buy into it. If it is the spread ok, pistol ok , single wing ok, or even the power I.

On 12/23/2022 at 11:51 PM, LufkinPack said:

Unexpected win for Lufkin was on the road against A&M Consolidated. 

I guess heartbreaking loss would be down in McKinney against North when we let a 17 point 4th qtr lead slip away to knock us out of playoff contention. 

(Honorable mention for unexpected performance would be against Lancaster) had’em on the ropes all night long. 

THIS, agreed! 

• Like 1