ETX 3A Hoops & Spring Sports

Eagleborn

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2022 at 6:39 PM, Eagleborn said:

How’s hoops currently going to folks? We lost 13 srs last season so going through some growing pains but currently 1-0 in district. 

That district should be a battle. Jefferson, Tatum, and WR will finish top 3. Looks like MP Chapel Hill is strong in the bottom half of the region and obviously Dallas Madison is going to be good.

33 minutes ago, welcometothejungle said:

That district should be a battle. Jefferson, Tatum, and WR will finish top 3. Looks like MP Chapel Hill is strong in the bottom half of the region and obviously Dallas Madison is going to be good.

Madison is gonna win region again no doubt. We lost so much experience from the previous four seasons it has become a period of growth. 

Jefferson should win district. Everyone else will be a toss up. 

Atlanta is on a roll and could be a regional sleeper. 

Lots of good teams in the region. 

On the girls side coach Nelson got inducted in the Tenaha Holiday Hoops tournament hall of fame. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2022 at 6:39 PM, Eagleborn said:

How’s hoops currently going to folks? We lost 13 srs last season so going through some growing pains but currently 1-0 in district. 

1 senior on the team. Tatum is starting 5 sophomores with 4 freshmen getting playing time. Tatum is now 4-0 in district play with a 49-42 win over Troup, 67-43 win over EF, 75-33 win over Waskom, and a 67-55 win over WR. Tatum will play Arp(1-15) next then have a big match up against Jefferson who is 16-4(4-0). Jefferson beat EF 51-31, beat Waskom 56-33, beat WR 55-40, and beat Arp 90-47. Should be a solid competitive game between Tatum and Jefferson. 

Franklin basketball is undefeated in district and looking to clash with #10 Mexia next week. Franklin had like 1 practice and won the first district game by like 30... only losses are to ranked teams Center and Poth. Franklin baseball is starting #2 in 3ad1 and the softball team should also be in the top 4 to start the year.

On 1/1/2023 at 12:04 PM, welcometothejungle said:

MP Chapel Hill is very strong. 25-2 i believe. Has a kid avg about 25 ppg. Only losses are to Lindale by 10 and Paris by 6

Tatum finished the first round of district play with a win over Jefferson 79-58 to remain undefeated in district play. Youngsters have come a long way since the season began. 

Tatum is the clear #1 with Jefferson being the definite clear #2 team. 

Edited by Eagle8
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Jacorie Bradley led Tatum with 21, Cayden Tatum 19, EJ Lloyd 10, Jordan Chambers 11 & Cooper Whiteus 11. 

Underclassmen showing out. 

6'1 Bradley, 5'9 Tatum, 5'7 Lloyd, 6'5 Chambers are all sophomores....Whiteus,, a shooter, is just a freshman. 6'3 Sigler, also a stand out who dunked in the Jeffy game is a sophomore as well. Fighting for it as youngsters, the future is bright. The lone senior is 6'7 Caleb Smith. 

23 hours ago, chevyman said:

Winny boys get the win over Harmony 65-56 last night to move to 3-2 in district along with Quitman(3-2) behind Mineola 4-1 and MP Chapel Hill 5-0 in District 13-3A

Winny girls take the win over Harmony 94-23 to move to 7-0 in district play

hoping for a winny girls vs fairfield girls final again

1 minute ago, Allheartnoquit said:

hoping for a winny girls vs fairfield girls final again

There is a lot of basketball left before we could discuss that. Region 2 will once again be a tough gauntlet. Pottsboro, Winny, Edgewood, Gunter, Paradise, MP Chapel Hill should all be in the mix. IF we can make it through, i like our chances against anyone if we play to our ability. Region 1 is absolutely stacked as well. Jim Ned, Peaster, Holliday, Wall, Brock just to name a few. Region 3 is going to be a cakewalk for Fairfield so i have them in San Antonio easily. Region 4 is a complete toss up with last years state representative Bishop moving up to 4A. Rio Hondo looks to be a sleeper along with Lytle who lost in the Regional finals last year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chevyman said:

There is a lot of basketball left before we could discuss that. Region 2 will once again be a tough gauntlet. Pottsboro, Winny, Edgewood, Gunter, Paradise, MP Chapel Hill should all be in the mix. IF we can make it through, i like our chances against anyone if we play to our ability. Region 1 is absolutely stacked as well. Jim Ned, Peaster, Holliday, Wall, Brock just to name a few. Region 3 is going to be a cakewalk for Fairfield so i have them in San Antonio easily. Region 4 is a complete toss up with last years state representative Bishop moving up to 4A. Rio Hondo looks to be a sleeper along with Lytle who lost in the Regional finals last year. 

Dont forget about Idalou in region 1 I know they beat yall already and beat people like Gunter an only lost to Jim Ned by 6. 

3 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Dont forget about Idalou in region 1 I know they beat yall already and beat people like Gunter an only lost to Jim Ned by 6. 

Yes correct i forgot about them. I believe the rankings currently have them at 25 solely based on their record but that is way too low. That region will be a battle no doubt

55 minutes ago, blackngoldtiger said:

Can easily see Fairfield being in the finals again. 

They have a snoozer of a Region if we're just being honest. Id like for your Tigers to maybe give them some competition as it was only an 18 point game last year. Possibly Mexia or Lorena but i just dont see it. 

Edited by chevyman

1 hour ago, chevyman said:

They have a snoozer of a Region if we're just being honest. Id like for your Tigers to maybe give them some competition as it was only an 18 point game last year. Possibly Mexia or Lorena but i just dont see it. 

They already dismantled Mexia and then Mexia turned around and lost to Teague.

Edited by Allheartnoquit

11 minutes ago, chevyman said:

As i said i just dont see it. They can waltz to San Antonio without even breaking a sweat

They would be doing the same to every other region also just not 60-70 point wins more like 20-30 point wins.

region 3 is stacked but Fairfield is just that good.....When you have two McDonald All-Americans on one team in 3A its pretty hard to beat

Edited by Allheartnoquit
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chevyman said:

Kinda young this year but getting there. Had an odd game vs Scurry which we lost by a few points but I think those girls would try to make it a game if we were to face Fairfield. 

1 hour ago, Allheartnoquit said:

They would be doing the same to every other region also just not 60-70 point wins more like 20-30 point wins.

region 3 is stacked but Fairfield is just that good.....When you have two McDonald All-Americans on one team in 3A its pretty hard to beat

I agree Fairfield is goin to blow out everyone they face in 3a no matter which region it is

Edited by lionpride08

3 hours ago, Allheartnoquit said:

I mean our game last year was only 6 so im not sure i can agree with the "doing the same to every other region" argument. The Brackens are all outstanding but the girl who gave us the most fits last year graduated. At the end of the day it only takes 1 game for them to get beat, not best of 3 or best of 5 or best of 7. Just 1 so we'll see what happens.

6 hours ago, chevyman said:

I mean our game last year was only 6 so im not sure i can agree with the "doing the same to every other region" argument. The Brackens are all outstanding but the girl who gave us the most fits last year graduated. At the end of the day it only takes 1 game for them to get beat, not best of 3 or best of 5 or best of 7. Just 1 so we'll see what happens.

That was last year and they have added another Brackens I believe.

15 hours ago, chevyman said:

Thats because all your attention was on Brackens and Shadashia an it let others left open. What is crazy to say is this team this year for fairfield imo is better than the last 2 years teams.