Predictions for Next Season

HearEmaGrowlin

I’d like to get folks’ high level general thoughts about what next football season may look like across all classifications.

Will Timpson break through like so many people in East Texas hope they will?

Will Joaquin be able to reload after losing some key personnel from maybe the most physically talented team they’ve arguably ever had?

Will Beckville still be a viable threat to make a deep playoff run?

Will Center continue its upward trajectory?

Will Carthage be able to reload after losing quite a few key players from offense and defense?

Will Chapel Hill make another deep playoff run?

Will Kilgore make another deep playoff run?

Will Henderson ever get into gear?

Will Nacogdoches actually string together some wins and make a playoff push?

Will Lufkin become Lufkin again?

Will Longview reload and make another deep playoff run?

I think all Dawg fans are excited to see what next season’s team is going to look like. This years Dawgs ended as the number one small town team in the nation and number one team in all of 4A in Texas. We can’t expect the 2023 Dawgs to match that accomplishment. 
But with the return of the soon to be seniors, juniors, and sophomores, I see another run for the state championship. 
Young Jett Surratt has proven in his few appearances with the starters, that he will be ready to lead the 2023 Dawgs. 
He will have 4 seasoned and outstanding running backs, a great offensive line, Manny at receiver with his size and speed. On defense the Dawgs will have the best defensive line in all of 4 A, outstanding linebacker, and great Defensive back. Coach Surratt and coach Preston have to be extremely excited about the new talent that has been waiting their turn to start for the Dawgs. It is going to seem like forever until September for Dawg fans. 

• Like 2

Will Timpson break through like so many people in East Texas hope they will? Maybe 

Will Joaquin be able to reload after losing some key personnel from maybe the most physically talented team they’ve arguably ever had? I sure hope so 

Will Beckville still be a viable threat to make a deep playoff run? Yes

Will Center continue its upward trajectory? Who knows? They are the model of inconsistency 

Will Carthage be able to reload after losing quite a few key players from offense and defense? Absolutely 

Will Chapel Hill make another deep playoff run? Yes 

Will Kilgore make another deep playoff run? Yes

Will Henderson ever get into gear? Not this year 

Will Nacogdoches actually string together some wins and make a playoff push? Nope 

Will Lufkin become Lufkin again? Someday 

Will Longview reload and make another deep playoff run? Yes

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BuckNut said:

Gilmer gonna have something to say about it.

I have a good idea of what Carthage is returning and what graduated.   What does Gilmer have returning on O besides the QB?   I know Fluellen is gone, what about the D side of the ball?   How many return on each side?

4 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

I always wonder who will be the next team to surprise everyone. The team you don't really expect to make a deep run, kind of like Mineola a few years back or Lindale a couple of years ago.

If Winnsboro can develop some more size on the OL, they are going to be a really tough out next year.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BuckNut said:

Gilmer gonna have something to say about it.

After everything is now over and I had time to reflect, Gilmer and Glen Rose were dead even. Except at QB and GR was way ahead there. Gilmer had the best defense the Dawgs faced. 
On your statement about Gilmer will have something to say about the Dawgs. 
I am not so sure because of the Dawg front seven, those sophomores should all be first team all state. I can imagine how much better they are going to be after 16 games of experience, along with size, strength, and experience in another year. I believe Jett Surratt is going to break records before he through, the Dawgs bring back 4 running backs that could start anywhere, and the O line bring back three. Gilmer will be good as usual but beating the Dawgs for the next few years may be a tall order. I am a Gilmer fan when not playing my Dawgs. 

Mavs should be better in 2023.

Carthage and Longview are the behemoths on the schedule.

We've been SO CLOSE to upsetting Texas High the last couple of years...but we can't seem to get over the hump.

I'm guessing somewhere in the 7-3 or 8-2 range.

Depends if we can get over the THS hump..... and if we can catch Carthage before they pull it all together.

Can't really over look WH or Hallsville....although I think the Bobcats are going to be hurting without Mr. Mosley at QB.  He was 80-90% of their offense.

2 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

If Winnsboro can develop some more size on the OL, they are going to be a really tough out next year.

I think they will be the surprise team for next year...although that shouldn't "surprise" anybody because of the numbers they put up this year...besides the obvious qb and receivers coming back I think the running back position will be much stronger and as you said, the o-line has to get stronger...and I can promise you that Josh has those kids working as hard as they can to do just that. Great senior leadership will be a huge plus for the team as well as an extremely strong jv group coming up that hasn't lost in three years if I am not mistaken!! Look out the Red Raiders next year!! Could be a very deep run for them!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BevBrownJr said:

The Bulldogs are so loaded at RB right now that I look for 1 or 2 of them to change positions next year. Perhaps one to WR & another to OLB.

If they are that good and have to change positions, then if they don’t want to change then are you saying that Beckville could be much better in the backfield next year?😂😂😂