Predictions for Next Season

HearEmaGrowlin

12 hours ago, BevBrownJr said:

The Bulldogs are so loaded at RB right now that I look for 1 or 2 of them to change positions next year. Perhaps one to WR & another to OLB.

Beechum to LB full time. I think Matlock and Edwards absolutely have to stay at RB. Though I could see one or both playing a hybrid role. Dowden probably stays at RB I imagine. Unless he has some potential on defense as well. 

1 hour ago, Destry said:

If they are that good and have to change positions, then if they don’t want to change then are you saying that Beckville could be much better in the backfield next year?😂😂😂

Well, with Carthage going to the slot-t, all 4 will be able to get carries. 

• LOL! 1

20 minutes ago, Destry said:

Do they go to class any? Or come to school -practice band and sports- eat lunch- practice until 3:30 and go home? Inquiring minds want to know!

Not really sure. I don't go to school there. Went to New Caney years ago. Played some B-team tennis but no band or soccer and absolutely no golf.

• LOL! 1

On 12/26/2022 at 1:05 PM, blesseddaily said:

I think they will be the surprise team for next year...although that shouldn't "surprise" anybody because of the numbers they put up this year...besides the obvious qb and receivers coming back I think the running back position will be much stronger and as you said, the o-line has to get stronger...and I can promise you that Josh has those kids working as hard as they can to do just that. Great senior leadership will be a huge plus for the team as well as an extremely strong jv group coming up that hasn't lost in three years if I am not mistaken!! Look out the Red Raiders next year!! Could be a very deep run for them!!

The running back position is going to be the key to our success. Also as we all know, 3A D1 Region 2 is loaded so the truth of the matter is it will be paramount to have a strong district performance 

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 6:58 AM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Will Carthage be able to reload after losing quite a few key players from offense and defense?

Will Chapel Hill make another deep playoff run?

Will Kilgore make another deep playoff run?

Will Henderson ever get into gear?

Will Nacogdoches actually string together some wins and make a playoff push?

Will Lufkin become Lufkin again?

Will Longview reload and make another deep playoff run?

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Yes.

4) Nope.

5) Probably not.

6) They'll make progress towards with their stellar 2024 class, but they'll still have some questionable moments in 2023 imo. So I'll say a year away from "becoming Lufkin again." But they'll still have Quick at the helm so who knows.

7) Yes. Longview should be just as good in 2023 as they were in 2022. Lancaster, Timberview and Aledo will also be better versions of their 2022 selves though as well (well should be). But I still see Lobos winning the Region, but it again coming down to that Semi-Final match up. Coaching just has to be better. Who starts at QB will be the big question.

Edited by LoboFan07
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

Think I will wait for Hendo to hire a HC before I make a prediction. Hope they prove me wrong but I have little confidence in the current admin when it comes to this subject.

Is the coach leaving?  I must have missed that.  Man, I hope they get it right this time.  And, I hope the community buys in.  Even if you don't get the guy you want, you have to support the guy who's there.

On 12/28/2022 at 1:47 PM, CasualObserver70 said:

In 4A D2 region 2, Carthage and Gilmer will again be the top 2 teams.  I already predicted a 3rd round playoff repeat.  

I’m thinking PG will be the 1 seed next season and meet Carthage in the 3rd round with Gilmer catching Carthage in the regional final.    What does Gilmer return besides the QB?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

I’m thinking PG will be the 1 seed next season and meet Carthage in the 3rd round with Gilmer catching Carthage in the regional final.    What does Gilmer return besides the QB?

Heart and Soul

3 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

Better Coaching staff!

On 12/28/2022 at 7:38 AM, Destry said:

Do they go to class any? Or come to school -practice band and sports- eat lunch- practice until 3:30 and go home? Inquiring minds want to know!

Destry, I caught some Bearcats at Dollar store by the CircleK. They said the do have class still with English and PE and math algebra stuff. They do band and sports after classes. They been out for holidays lately. Glad I caught'em so we know now!

2 hours ago, Doomer said:

Destry, I caught some Bearcats at Dollar store by the CircleK. They said the do have class still with English and PE and math algebra stuff. They do band and sports after classes. They been out for holidays lately. Glad I caught'em so we know now!

👍