Predictions for Next Season

HearEmaGrowlin

On 12/28/2022 at 1:47 PM, CasualObserver70 said:

In 4A D2 region 2, Carthage and Gilmer will again be the top 2 teams.  I already predicted a 3rd round playoff repeat.  

I can agree with this.  Why couldn't we have had that sloppy Carthage team that played against Glen Rose, AND have our starting quarterback playing?  It might have been Gilmer winning that ring.  Maybe 2023 will be the year the Buckeyes overcome.  Who knows?  I'm anxious to find out, though.

1 hour ago, blackflag79 said:

I can agree with this.  Why couldn't we have had that sloppy Carthage team that played against Glen Rose, AND have our starting quarterback playing?  It might have been Gilmer winning that ring.  Maybe 2023 will be the year the Buckeyes overcome.  Who knows?  I'm anxious to find out, though.

Definitely would be interesting. Might have been Glen Rose winning that ring had Gilmer beat Carthage.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

NOPE, same result, sorry

6 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

Have Coach Metzel drag the Dawgs to the Star and you’ll probably have a good chance of seeing the Dawgs play a sloppy game….

I hate that place

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bossman1 said:

Have Coach Metzel drag the Dawgs to the Star and you’ll probably have a good chance of seeing the Dawgs play a sloppy game….

I hate that place

I don’t know why, but we have struggled in that building though we’re still undefeated in that building.

We’ve had some tight contests at The Star.

I do like the restaurants and parking right there close and the field outside. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

Well being fair Glen Rose was good. Wimbery may still could have matched up better . You never know . I wouldn’t guarantee a automatic win for Gilmer.

19 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

Well being fair Glen Rose was good. Wimbery may still could have matched up better . You never know . I wouldn’t guarantee a automatic win for Gilmer.

Oh, believe me, I know NOTHING would've been guaranteed.  I was just saying it would've been more interesting from our standpoint.  It is a game of matchups, and different teams match up differently.  I just wish we could've had our full compliment of players.  The results "may" have been the same either way, but at the very least, it "could've" been a little different.

17 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Definitely would be interesting. Might have been Glen Rose winning that ring had Gilmer beat Carthage.  

That's a definite possibility, but our defense was much better than the Glen Rose defense, IMO.  We also play better when the opposition's defense isn't great.  Carthage also "gave" momentum to Glen Rose with turnovers, and once that started it became a shootout kind of game.

17 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

That's a definite possibility, but our defense was much better than the Glen Rose defense, IMO.  We also play better when the opposition's defense isn't great.  Carthage also "gave" momentum to Glen Rose with turnovers, and once that started it became a shootout kind of game.

Yep, Glen Rose folks would say that they "caused" the turnovers whereas, Gilmer could not. 

12 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I don’t know why, but we have struggled in that building though we’re still undefeated in that building.

We’ve had some tight contests at The Star.

I do like the restaurants and parking right there close and the field outside. 

So you are saying Gilmer needs to win the flip and choose to play in the Star next year lol.

2 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

Oh, believe me, I know NOTHING would've been guaranteed.  I was just saying it would've been more interesting from our standpoint.  It is a game of matchups, and different teams match up differently.  I just wish we could've had our full compliment of players.  The results "may" have been the same either way, but at the very least, it "could've" been a little different.

Your QB was healthy enough to play and your coach chose another option……what player(s) were you missing ?

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Yep, Glen Rose folks would say that they "caused" the turnovers whereas, Gilmer could not. 

Those fumbles never should’ve happened.  Our ball carriers were way too loose with the ball and I know Cuff got hit hard when he fumbled, but he still should not have dropped that ball.

31 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Your QB was healthy enough to play and your coach chose another option……what player(s) were you missing ?

Tennison could've played, but he could barely move around.  That changed the dynamic he would've brought had he been healthy.  Our coaches felt like Fluellen gave us the best option under those circumstances.

• Like 1