Man sentenced to 16 years for plotting to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer

BlahBlah

17 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Was it one of the F.B.I. agents that helped instigate it ?  

11 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Turns out people who are convinced by federal agents to plot a crime can get sent to prison.

It was the exact same method that the FBI and other law enforcement used to catch home-grown Islamic Terrorist that tried to do harm against fellow Americans.  Ya'll cheered the FBI then.  What changed ?  

Edited by BlahBlah
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

It was the exact same method that the FBI and other law enforcement used to catch home-grown Islamic Terrorist that tried to do harm against fellow Americans.  Ya'll cheered the FBI then.  What changed ?  

Did I cheer the FBI?  I'm sure you didn't see me post anything cheering them on.  There's stopping terrorist attacks and then there's stopping terrorist attacks that you convinced someone to plan.  I am all for catching someone before they have a chance to commit a terrible act, but were they even going to do anything if the FBI isn't part of the group instigating it?  I think we are walking a dangerous line having guys be a part of the instigation.  I don't think it should be the job of anyone in law enforcement to try to convince people to break the law, but maybe that's just me.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JBizzle said:

Did I cheer the FBI?  I'm sure you didn't see me post anything cheering them on.  There's stopping terrorist attacks and then there's stopping terrorist attacks that you convinced someone to plan.  I am all for catching someone before they have a chance to commit a terrible act, but were they even going to do anything if the FBI isn't part of the group instigating it?  I think we are walking a dangerous line having guys be a part of the instigation.  I don't think it should be the job of anyone in law enforcement to try to convince people to break the law, but maybe that's just me.

Home-grown Right-Wing and Islamic Terrorist are getting caught when they seek outside help for the gathering of weapons and explosives.  That is when some groups pop-up on the radar.  Plus, some just can't keep their mouth shut, and somebody rats them out.   

1 minute ago, BlahBlah said:

Home-grown Right-Wing and Islamic Terrorist are getting caught when they seek outside help for the gathering of weapons and explosives.  That is when some groups pop-up on the radar.  Plus, some just can't keep their mouth shut, and somebody rats them out.   

And that's great!  I don't have a problem with catching people in the act or even in the planning phase.  I have a problem if the feds are pushing the project along just to get greater charges or something of the sort.  I don't see where this is a problem for you.

6 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

And that's great!  I don't have a problem with catching people in the act or even in the planning phase.  I have a problem if the feds are pushing the project along just to get greater charges or something of the sort.  I don't see where this is a problem for you.

The Michigan kidnap plotters used what you are saying as their criminal defense.   It was their way of beating the charge.   Now the violent few are spreading fear the FBI is out to get law-abiding citizens caught up in organized crime. Judge saw through this and gave the guy 16 years.  

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, BlahBlah said:

There is a huge difference between catching terrorists and political opponents .... the FBI, CIA, IRS, etc. are suppose to be non political ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

3 minutes ago, country said:

I have to keep reminding myself propaganda was made legal during berry sortos Administration.

This is thread proving how bad the media really is.

Thanks berries

Propaganda is free speech........ it is protected by THE FIRST AMENDMENT........ Barry sotero had nothing to do with it.......

• Like 1

No actually they hid it in a bill back in 2012 I believe. They made it ok for the media and their offices to lie.

Berry signed it into law

As far as the 1st Amendment you would have to review the case where they said is it ok to yell fire when there was no fire.

Knowingly legal.

Our constitution did not intend to make lying KNOWINGLY legal.

1969, the Supreme Court's decision in Brandenburg v. Ohio 

There, the Court held that inflammatory speech--and even speech advocating violence by members of the Ku Klux Klan--is protected under the First Amendment,

unless the speech "is directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action"

6 hours ago, country said:

1969, the Supreme Court's decision in Brandenburg v. Ohio 

There, the Court held that inflammatory speech--and even speech advocating violence by members of the Ku Klux Klan--is protected under the First Amendment,

unless the speech "is directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action"

That didn't happen with any of Trump's Jan. 6th speech or any other speakers that day as the Jan. 6th committee tried to prove.  

• Like 1