'14Tyler vs '22 Longview

AledoAlumni

Who wins?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• JT
    • LV

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/2023 at 12:45 AM

4 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

And here we go. I’m  just let you have it. No matter what excuse you come up with they lost Point blank. 

Excuses, or reasons?

You've never been able to know the difference between the two.

It doesn't really matter though. '14 and '16 Longview have nothing to do with '22 Longview.

8 hours ago, VonG said:

When I 1st saw the thread the Aledo fan started. I was like why in the hell would he make a thread like this. He must be trying to start something. 

I saw it as a fun thread between two good East TX teams. Y'all saw it as a train wreck lol. Guess that's the disconnect. 

2 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

I saw it as a fun thread between two good East TX teams. Y'all saw it as a train wreck lol. Guess that's the disconnect. 

nah....JT/LV threads have a "highly debated" history on Smoaky, so we knew how this conversation would go.  And it went exactly how we thought it would.

I kinda think you knew how it would go too...LOL 

Not worth the time or effort anymore, plus JT football is so bad, its not worth discussing. 

49 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

nah....JT/LV threads have a "highly debated" history on Smoaky, so we knew how this conversation would go.  And it went exactly how we thought it would.

I kinda think you knew how it would go too...LOL 

Not worth the time or effort anymore, plus JT football is so bad, its not worth discussing. 

JT was a pretty good team that year. Good size o-line, dynamic skill players, mobile QB. Just didnt have the run defense. Anyways, good luck to yall moving forward. 

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Eh. 2020 we lost because of a fumble and having no passing attack. 2021, they handled it better not doubt but penalties did us in more so than anything (and junior version of Allen).

Yeah, I wasn't really talking about '20 as much as I was '21. 

But, that was also a game that we went away from Taylor Tatum for some reason. He was having success when given the opportunity.

32 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

JT was a pretty good team that year. Good size o-line, dynamic skill players, mobile QB. Just didnt have the run defense. Anyways, good luck to yall moving forward. 

They saw it as a train wreck because they didn't like the answers given, which sounds like a personal problem.

Bringing up irrelevant stuff like what happened in '14 and '16....like that mattered at all in this conversation.

The '14 JT team beat '14 Longview by two possessions with half our starters gone, and I'm supposed to believe that they'd have success vs '22 Longview because of that. Make it make sense. '14 Longview, even with all players present and accounted for, was not in the same stratosphere as '22 Longview. 

That's why I said '12 JT vs '22 Longview would've been a better debate. They would've needed a Greg Ward to have a shot vs what Longview put on the field this year defensively.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

AledoFan..since we asking questions...How does 2014 Aledo compare to 2022 Aledo?

Thats a really good question. I've been thinking how this '22 team ranks in Aledo's history. They are certainly near the top. According to calpreps they are the best but I disagree, '13 and '18 were better in my opinion. Regarding '14, I think they had the better offense but '22 had the better defense. Pretty tough to pick. If I had to put my money on it I think I'd go with '14. Hard to beat Aledo with a Bishop at QB. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

Thats a really good question. I've been thinking how this '22 team ranks in Aledo's history. They are certainly near the top. According to calpreps they are the best but I disagree, '13 and '18 were better in my opinion. Regarding '14, I think they had the better offense but '22 had the better defense. Pretty tough to pick. If I had to put my money on it I think I'd go with '14. Hard to beat Aledo with a Bishop at QB. 

Aledo will be even better next season...

The Bishop boys account for how many of Aledo state championships. I know it was 3 brothers. Is there another one coming up the pipeline soon? The family should get everything free in Aledo. Besides the coach and Johnathan Gray the Bishops should all have statues of some sort at Aledo high school. Or at least be in Aledo hall of fame.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VonG said:

The Bishop boys account for how many of Aledo state championships. I know it was 3 brothers. Is there another one coming up the pipeline soon? The family should get everything free in Aledo. Besides the coach and Johnathan Gray the Bishops should all have statues of some sort at Aledo high school. Or at least be in Aledo hall of fame.

Guess its an Aledo thread now lol.