Carthage Rankings

HearEmaGrowlin

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

You do have to remember and credit Horton with winning two championships.

Absolutely.  He was very good and as far as I can recall didn't have as much growing pains as some other multi year starters we have had.  Not to mention he had a great performance starting a game for Nationally ranked Tulane this year, when their starter was out.  Pratt is very good as well, hoping after he graduates/leaves that Kai will get the chance to start.  

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Could you imagine the original RB combo of Edwards and Boo Beechum in Surratt’s offense.  Talk about scoring points, good grief. 

This year, in the final two games Fat did his very best Colbert impersonation in excelling on both sides of the ball.

Fat was just great against GR and Wimberley.

It would not be fair at all. Haha.  

I underestimated just how fast Fat was.  If not for the embarrassment of riches we had at WR this year, I could see him having played even more and put up some very big numbers at WR through the year.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

It would not be fair at all. Haha.  

I underestimated just how fast Fat was.  If not for the embarrassment of riches we had at WR this year, I could see him having played even more and put up some very big numbers at WR through the year.  

I really feel bad for Hatten for not being able to play in the semifinal or state championship game.

Wish Dowden hadn’t have run into the back of him while diving into the end zone against Gilmer.  Dowden was just trying to help the team win the best he could.  Accidents happen just wish Hatten had been positioned a little differently and not gotten hurt on that play. 
Our oldest son loves Noah Paddie, he’s his favorite player followed by Cuff.  You should’ve seen the oldest react to Paddie’s second TD catch.  He was more excited about it than Paddie.  Glad Paddie had that huge performance in the absence of Hatten, and Fat same thing the week before. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

2017 was great. I don’t think they are hands down the best by any means. I look back at their defense Vs some of the others I’ve listed ahead of them and I just think it was not one of our best defenses. Other years had better defenses and as good or better offenses. 

Not gonna worry about if I think their competition was down or not. You can only play the people in front of you right then and there. 

Really? Gates, Brown and Dejulian at LB were all 3 as good as Carthage has had. Colbert and a literal track star in the secondary in Hicks. Also Whitlock, Owens and Hicks were all studs as sophomores. I think you could be mis-remembering or just looking at the points allowed? You would have a hard time finding more then 2-3 players from 2022 that would’ve started on that D.

• Like 1

Just now, SmoakyBandito said:

Really? Gates, Brown and Dejulian at LB were all 3 as good as Carthage has had. Colbert and a literal track star in the secondary in Hicks. Also Whitlock, Owens and Hicks were all studs as sophomores. I think you could be mis-remembering or just looking at the points allowed? You would have a hard time finding more then 2-3 players from 2022 that would’ve started on that D.

I am not saying I think there is a big gap between most of these teams.  Particularly at the top 3 or 4 I would say margins are razor thin.  I am not only looking at points allowed, but I am looking at it a little bit because I do think it matters.  Also doing all this from memory.  And I am not going to profess to remember every single player on every single team. lol

I personally think Nate Marry is as good as any of them at LB.  I think the DT's could have started. Was Colbert opposite Hicks at CB or was he at Safety? I think Harper this year would have been at CB or Nickel CB at least.    

5 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I am not saying I think there is a big gap between most of these teams.  Particularly at the top 3 or 4 I would say margins are razor thin.  I am not only looking at points allowed, but I am looking at it a little bit because I do think it matters.  Also doing all this from memory.  And I am not going to profess to remember every single player on every single team. lol

I personally think Nate Marry is as good as any of them at LB.  I think the DT's could have started. Was Colbert opposite Hicks at CB or was he at Safety? I think Harper this year would have been at CB or Nickel CB at least.    

Nate Marry was awesome. Great player.

But, Brown and Gates were 230 pound grown men with beards that played like they had babies to feed! I think you should rewatch some of the games.

Also not taking away from your opinion. It’s just for kicks.

Edited by SmoakyBandito
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, SmoakyBandito said:

Nate Marry was awesome. Great player.

But, Brown and Gates were 230 pound grown men with beards that played like they had babies to feed! I think you should rewatch some of the games.

Also not taking away from your opinion. It’s just for kicks.

With a stout defensive line, I take Marry over the other 2 - he reads plays really well with a good burst to the hole/ball carrier 

With a weaker defensive line or against a straight ahead brute running team, I take the other two - they were both strong young men. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

Number 1 small school in the nation and number 1 Texas 4A. 
All the Dawg teams had something special to win a championship but 2022 dominated opponents. 
2017 and 2020 were hair behind 2022. 

as for as QB, Horton never lost a game in Two years. 
2019 had one of the best O lines I have seen at the 4 A or 5 A level averaged 308 pounds and won the state championship against LaVega. Totally dominated a great D line of LV. 

21 hours ago, cotton84 said:

With a stout defensive line, I take Marry over the other 2 - he reads plays really well with a good burst to the hole/ball carrier 

With a weaker defensive line or against a straight ahead brute running team, I take the other two - they were both strong young men. 

DeJulian was an exceptional player as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Don’t forget 2009, that defense was outstanding. LB sign with Texas when they were ranked number 2 in the country. 

That 2010 game between us and Brownwood.

Kendall Thompson - UT

Ed Pope - A&M

Jalen Claiborne - Wyoming

Hunter Holland - Air Force

Anthony Morgan - ETBU

And others

Jaxson Shipley - UT

3 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Anybody have a list of where all these 2022 Bulldogs are going other than Paddie to Aggie and Cuff to ULALA?

I know others have received offers, but don’t know who signed where yet. 
Know Edwards already has a TTU offer as a freshman.

I know the right tackle has a dozen offers and the center is going to Louisiana Tech

• Like 1

Comical how all of the Dawg haters are now Aledo fans….

Not taking anything away from Aledo, Great program and tradition….hopefully our Dawgs catch and pass them if for no other reason than to watch the haters get drinking problems and ulcers

🤣🤣🤣

Happy New Year!!!

Go Dawgs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bossman1 said:

Not taking anything away from Aledo, Great program and tradition….hopefully our Dawgs catch and pass them if for no other reason than to watch the haters get drinking problems and ulcers

🤣🤣🤣

Happy New Year!!!

Go Dawgs

How do you know they haven’t been Aledo fans for a while?

2 hours ago, bossman1 said:

🤣🤣🤣

Happy New Year!!!

Go Dawgs

Plenty of Aledo haters as well. 😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bossman1 said:

No doubt but I have nothing but respect for them and their accomplishments. 

I had never rooted against them until this past season when they played the Lobos.

Hard to root against them because they have normal fans. 

On 12/31/2022 at 11:54 AM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Anybody have a list of where all these 2022 Bulldogs are going other than Paddie to Aggie and Cuff to ULALA?

I know others have received offers, but don’t know who signed where yet. 
Know Edwards already has a TTU offer as a freshman.

WR Montrell Hatten is going to Oregon State.

LT Keystone Allison, who had about 15 offers, signed with Louisiana Tech.